Australian racing

The sport of kings.
eightbo

1st at Newcastle traded like a typical Randwick race, promising for rest of card
PDC

Shame to have lost quite a few meetings to weather, hopefully we don't lose anymore through the session.
PDC

PDC wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:10 pm
Does anyone know where the NSW Turnover Charge appears within your account statements etc, when it is taken and what the entry is called? That is both for both NSW TO charges, the horse racing one and harness one.
Does anyone know the answer to this?
Lutruwita

PDC wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:11 am
PDC wrote:
Does anyone know where the NSW Turnover Charge appears within your account statements etc, when it is taken and what the entry is called? That is both for both NSW TO charges, the horse racing one and harness one.
I can't remember anything apart from it was just taken out in the account statement at the same time as the PC and it was very hard to find. Sorry. It's been 3-4 years. It was obvious what the deduction was for.
Derek27

PDC wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:11 am
PDC wrote:
I've only had it deducted once in error. I vaguely recall it being taken on Wednesday and I'd guess the words turnover charge would be included somewhere in the description, if you can download your account statement and do a search for "turnover" or "TC".
PDC

Thank you both.

I think I may have accidentally gone just over the limits in Melbourne Cup week but didn't receive any email notification which reading the T&C's I should have done as it would have been my first charge and also couldn't see anything obvious when I looked on my account statement but I will do as Derek suggests and download it and search.

They could really do with adding a "Charges" filter to the results pages!

Edit: It seems you can't download your account statement unless I am missing how to do it?

Do they still email people if you have qualified it for the first time? I am hoping no news is good news and thanks to the exchange rate used I just missed going over. Also just remembered that you are "let off" your first charge so I assume there wouldn't be anything on my statement to see unless they take the charge and refund it but I would think they just don't take it the first time. As I haven't had any notification I am thinking I mustn't have gone over the limits.
Derek27

PDC wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:41 am
Thank you both.

I think I may have accidentally gone just over the limits in Melbourne Cup week but didn't receive any email notification which reading the T&C's I should have done as it would have been my first charge and also couldn't see anything obvious when I looked on my account statement but I will do as Derek suggests and download it and search.

They could really do with adding a "Charges" filter to the results pages!

Edit: It seems you can't download your account statement unless I am missing how to do it?

Do they still email people if you have qualified it for the first time? I am hoping no news is good news and thanks to the exchange rate used I just missed going over. Also just remembered that you are "let off" your first charge so I assume there wouldn't be anything on my statement to see unless they take the charge and refund it but I would think they just don't take it the first time. As I haven't had any notification I am thinking I mustn't have gone over the limits.
They didn't with me but when I complained they realised it was a mistake and refunded my charges so I'd suggest you do the same. I think you're right, there doesn't appear to be a way of downloading your account statement.
PDC

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:09 am
They didn't with me but when I complained they realised it was a mistake and refunded my charges so I'd suggest you do the same. I think you're right, there doesn't appear to be a way of downloading your account statement.
Thanks Derek, I don't think it makes sense to contact them as if I did go over and they have haven't charged and forgotten to contacted me then if I do go over again in the future and they do charge me I can complain that they didn't contact me the first time as per their T&C's and therefore they should refund me and treat the second time as my first time.

When you said "they didn't with you", do you mean you went over the TO allowance once and they didn't contact you but despite it being the first time you went over they still charged you? You then complained you were not contacted and so they refunded that charge? I am a bit confused what you meant.
Derek27

PDC wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:22 am
Derek27 wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:09 am
Thanks Derek, I don't think it makes sense to contact them as if I did go over and they have haven't charged and forgotten to contacted me then if I do go over again in the future and they do charge me I can complain that they didn't contact me the first time as per their T&C's and therefore they should refund me and treat the second time as my first time.

When you said "they didn't with you", do you mean you went over the TO allowance once and they didn't contact you but despite it being the first time you went over they still charged you? You then complained you were not contacted and so they refunded that charge? I am a bit confused what you meant.
Yes. Either that or I went over the limit, they didn't charge me but didn't contact me but charged me for the second week over the limit. Either way, they refunded my charges when they realised the email wasn't sent and I haven't been over the limit since, but I've had a few close shaves. :)
PDC

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:56 am
Yes. Either that or I went over the limit, they didn't charge me but didn't contact me but charged me for the second week over the limit. Either way, they refunded my charges when they realised the email wasn't sent and I haven't been over the limit since, but I've had a few close shaves. :)
Good to know in case I go over in the future. I have had a few close shaves previously, it can be very easy to lose track. Especially on the trots with the much lower allowance.

Finding today a bit of a grind with the big gaps caused by the various tracks being off.
Lutruwita

Darwin's start time is wrong on Betfair.
PDC

Aarondewit wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:34 am
Do you know if the rest of the times are correct? Nearly got caught there on the first.
Derek27

SSR's switched to Hong Kong.
Lutruwita

All incorrect. Times in AEDST:

Race 2: 4:16
Race 3: 4:56
Race 4: 5:36
Race 5: 6:06
Race 6: 6:47
Naffman

PDC wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:38 am
Aarondewit wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:34 am
Do you know if the rest of the times are correct? Nearly got caught there on the first.
NT racetracks are the worst, either amend their start times on the day or go off early, waste of space and not worth trading

Return to “Trading Horse racing”