Australian racing

The sport of kings.
Anbell

eightbo wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:13 am
Had previously grouped US/AUS together but after tonight I noticed a slight difference, and a new version of something which still works in US, better in fact, is not working in AUS, it's like there are marginally less ppl playing the AUS market and my variables must have been defined right on the edge of what worked in both, and appears I managed to just tip the balance with latest change.

Am I correct in thinking there aren't data feeds available for AUS tracks (similar to TPD) -- including for tab/bookmakers etc. such as on-screen visualisation ?
There arent any TPD-like services in AU
eightbo

Very well thanks.

Sometimes I wonder about the data provided like how BF have an existing data feed to turn the markets in-play, and consider that it could be paired with further items, for example if all runners started the race or not @ IP (e.g. as boolean) in order to disable XM, and how such feeds could impact the market behaviour
andy28

R2 Newcastle Stolen Drift trades at 1.01 early in the day and drifts to 3s

Fat Finger?!?!
eightbo

andy28 wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:22 am
R2 Newcastle Stolen Drift trades at 1.01 early in the day and drifts to 3s

Fat Finger?!?!
hi mate, did you catch the traded volume or have a chart?
eightbo

The dog of ry wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:11 am
Anybody getting rich off this bloke?

Sat down yesterday and saw 9k avaliable to back the fav on the turn at Ballarat syntho.. nearly fell off me chair.
ikky wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:27 pm
Only saw him 1 race at Wagin.

fav pre-race 1.9 - poor start, travelled 4 wide, but going strong and about to take it up going into the bend.

Offered 5k or so at 2.3 .. danced up.

Hope hes back tomorrow.
$13k AUD lay order odds on IP Albury R5, seems like it got pulled today, are they learning ? :lol:
andy28

Sorry no to both, I am not computer savy enough to do that stuff with screen shots :oops:

My ladder said it had 1% traded at 1.01 as well as some at around 1.05ish
eightbo

All good, I don't have the data either!

if you need something handy for screenshots on windows: 1. Ctrl+Windows+S → 2. Select region for capture (saves to clipboard) → 3. Paste anywhere
alternatively you can open up what you just captured via the notification area near the date in bottom right then save the file
think it's Shift+Command+3 on Mac
andy28

eightbo wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:02 am
All good, I don't have the data either!

if you need something handy for screenshots on windows: 1. Ctrl+Windows+S → 2. Select region for capture (saves to clipboard) → 3. Paste anywhere
alternatively you can open up what you just captured via the notification area near the date in bottom right then save the file
think it's Shift+Command+3 on Mac
That is effing awesome, thanks
CMC

A question to Bet Angel technical support or anyone else that may be able to help.

Today I was trading the last race at Pakenham and opened with a lay position on the fav Montenegro. It started to drift and things were looking promising when suddenly the ladder froze. I noticed that where it normally says “Streaming” there was a “Disconnected” notification. After a little while it unfroze, money was being matched on the back and lay sides and things appeared to be back to normal. I decided to exit in case it froze again, however I was unable to do so …. no back bet I tried to place would register on the ladder. Moved to another computer which is on a totally different internet network and the same thing happened, just couldn’t close my position. I then tried to access the Betfair and Bet Angel websites but both returned 500 internal server errors, whatever they may be. Unfortunately, the race turned in-play and despite other people being able to back and lay I still couldn’t close and ended up losing a large amount.

What’s happening here and where does the problem lie. Both of my internet connections appeared to be fine. The exchange wasn’t down as plenty of other people were able to place bets …. What specifically is happening when only some people are being affected.
Vaz0202

I imagine this was when the Flare network/servers went down this morning and caused a great deal of disruption across the web. I’m not sure if there would be any recourse if I’m honest.

At the time I couldn’t access this forum or Betfair
CMC

Vaz0202 wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:31 pm
I imagine this was when the Flare network/servers went down this morning and caused a great deal of disruption across the web. I’m not sure if there would be any recourse if I’m honest.

Thanks for the reply Vaz. I realized there would be no recourse at the time, the post was simply about getting some info into what was happening. No idea what the Flare network is and why it would affect only some people. I'll google it and see what i can find out. Thanks again.
Anbell

CMC wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:37 pm
Vaz0202 wrote:

Thanks for the reply Vaz. I realized there would be no recourse at the time, the post was simply about getting some info into what was happening. No idea what the Flare network is and why it would affect only some people. I'll google it and see what i can find out. Thanks again.
https://www.news.com.au/technology/gami ... d0a9848df9
CMC

Anbell wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:44 am
CMC wrote:
Vaz0202 wrote:

Cheers Anbell, although i have to admit i'm not really tech savvy enough to fully understand it, especially since i was still connected and could see plenty of ladder activity
Anbell

CMC wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:00 am
Anbell wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:44 am
CMC wrote:

Cheers Anbell, although i have to admit i'm not really tech savvy enough to fully understand it, especially since i was still connected and could see plenty of ladder activity
Dallas has a bot that can try to keep you out of trouble in similar circumstances
viewtopic.php?t=15199
napshnap

CMC wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:53 pm
A question to Bet Angel technical support or anyone else that may be able to help.

Today I was trading the last race at Pakenham and opened with a lay position on the fav Montenegro. It started to drift and things were looking promising when suddenly the ladder froze. I noticed that where it normally says “Streaming” there was a “Disconnected” notification. After a little while it unfroze, money was being matched on the back and lay sides and things appeared to be back to normal. I decided to exit in case it froze again, however I was unable to do so …. no back bet I tried to place would register on the ladder. Moved to another computer which is on a totally different internet network and the same thing happened, just couldn’t close my position. I then tried to access the Betfair and Bet Angel websites but both returned 500 internal server errors, whatever they may be. Unfortunately, the race turned in-play and despite other people being able to back and lay I still couldn’t close and ended up losing a large amount.

What’s happening here and where does the problem lie. Both of my internet connections appeared to be fine. The exchange wasn’t down as plenty of other people were able to place bets …. What specifically is happening when only some people are being affected.
My logs show that 1m22s before off time there were timeouts and it lasted 25s. My bot been able to manage bets 25s before off time.

Bf can temporaly suspend your betting operations but I'm not sure if this is your case.
Last edited by napshnap on Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”