Lay the Draw Guardian Automation Bot for Football

wearthefoxhat

Dallas wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:01 pm
waywyrd wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:50 pm
Hi,

How would you exit if/when the underdog scores, this is my first attempt with football, so I'm not really clued up on how the odds move when the underdog scores the first goal. And exit when the score is 0-0 around 60-70 mins or the draw odds hit say 2.0?

Apologies in advance if this has been answered and I haven't understood or read properly.

Waywyrd.
If the dog were to score first the draw odds would shorten further as the market would view the most likely outcome then would be fav equalizing rather than the dog hanging on.
This can be easily forgotten with LTD trading strategies.
waywyrd

Thanks Dallas will give that a test run.
phunkallstar

Morning All

I’ve been testing a lay the draw strategy but I’ve been caught a couple of times on 0-0 as the automation rule I’d set didn’t trigger.

It was pretty simple.

I just altered the original green up after goal rule, to “close trade on selection” and armed it to trigger automatically after 1H 35M in play.

But no joy

Am I picking the right rule?

Basically I’m redding up for roughly half my original stake to protect the bank.

Is there a simpler automation rule that will just exit?

Cheers

J
Dallas

phunkallstar wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:05 am
Morning All

I’ve been testing a lay the draw strategy but I’ve been caught a couple of times on 0-0 as the automation rule I’d set didn’t trigger.

It was pretty simple.

I just altered the original green up after goal rule, to “close trade on selection” and armed it to trigger automatically after 1H 35M in play.

But no joy

Am I picking the right rule?

Basically I’m redding up for roughly half my original stake to protect the bank.

Is there a simpler automation rule that will just exit?

Cheers

J
To green up after a specfic time, you just need to add another 'Green all selections' rule or a 'Close trade on selection with greening' rule and arm it for 01:52:00 till 01:54:00
and set it to trigger 3 times re-arming every 15 secs
phunkallstar

Cheers Dallas

And if it’s just to close the trade regardless of greening, it’s just “close trade on selection” isn’t it?

J
Dallas

phunkallstar wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:48 pm
Cheers Dallas

And if it’s just to close the trade regardless of greening, it’s just “close trade on selection” isn’t it?

J
Yes, if you don't want to green up then just use then 'close trade on selection' rule
phunkallstar

Thanks again Dallas

One final question on greening up.

Is there a parameter you can set based on either % of total bank or % of liability or stake on that particular bet?

I can see you can set fixed amounts but what I’m finding is that if you set the fixed amount, you don’t get a chance to green up with more profit based on when a goal is scored.

For example let’s say it’s scored in the 85th minute, the likely profit would be considerably above a moderate target of let’s say 10/15% of the original liability.

So I’m looking to have the safety of a moderate profit target and the ability to extract as much profit as possible when the situation arises as it’s those moments that add significant profit and they tend to happen regularly due to late goals.

Is it just another greening up rule with a larger fixed £ amount that kicks in after a certain time in play?

So just repeat the green up all selections, adjust the £ and give it a time window?

Cheers

J

Cheers

J
Dallas

phunkallstar wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:24 am
Thanks again Dallas

One final question on greening up.

Is there a parameter you can set based on either % of total bank or % of liability or stake on that particular bet?

I can see you can set fixed amounts but what I’m finding is that if you set the fixed amount, you don’t get a chance to green up with more profit based on when a goal is scored.

For example let’s say it’s scored in the 85th minute, the likely profit would be considerably above a moderate target of let’s say 10/15% of the original liability.

So I’m looking to have the safety of a moderate profit target and the ability to extract as much profit as possible when the situation arises as it’s those moments that add significant profit and they tend to happen regularly due to late goals.

Is it just another greening up rule with a larger fixed £ amount that kicks in after a certain time in play?

So just repeat the green up all selections, adjust the £ and give it a time window?

Cheers

J

Cheers

J
The profit condition will allow the rule to trigger whenever its above the amount set
So if it was greater than £5

and there was an early and you could green up for £7.50 it would trigger
If there was a late goal and you could then green up for £28.20 it would still trigger

So the same rule will do both unless I've miss understood?
Teddy101

Hi,

New to trading. Iv been playing around with the LTD automation. I'm trying to figure out the right rule to do the following:

Lay the draw just before kick off £10 fixed stake
place another bet around 70 minute mark if the draw looks likely and green up with little to no money loss

Is this possible?

Thanks
Dallas

Teddy101 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:26 pm
Hi,

New to trading. Iv been playing around with the LTD automation. I'm trying to figure out the right rule to do the following:

Lay the draw just before kick off £10 fixed stake
place another bet around 70 minute mark if the draw looks likely and green up with little to no money loss

Is this possible?

Thanks
Its possible to set up but not avoid the loss in the long run

You'd have to place a much much larger back bet and even then you'll still need to wait for it to go a tick or two in your favour before you could green up (and depending on the stake size and market it might take a while to be fully matched and exit - even after the price has moved)

During which time if there's a goal between your back bet and exit you'll have lost way more than your initial liability
So while it will save you from a loss 95% of the time, that 5% the goal comes after backing and before you exit will result in it costing you all any previous profits and then some
Teddy101

Thanks Dallas.

I realise it’s a bit risky but I’m going to play around with it on practice mode.

Can you let me know the automation for such a trade? I get confused with the cashing out part.

Thanks
Dallas

Teddy101 wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:17 am
Thanks Dallas.

I realise it’s a bit risky but I’m going to play around with it on practice mode.

Can you let me know the automation for such a trade? I get confused with the cashing out part.

Thanks
On the signal tab of the green up rule set a signal on the selection (give it any name you wamt)

Then add a place back bet rule with a 'Signal Set condition'
to test the signal name you entered above
is NOT set with a value
ShaunWhite

Teddy101 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:26 pm

Is this possible?
No, automation has no way to define "around the 70min mark" or "if the draw looks likely". You'll need to be much more prescriptive and also consider the price you're accepting. Also, if you want to take the prices people are offering or make your own offer.

That sounds picky but automation is your dumbest friend and doesn't have any judgement.
casbian

Hello Dallas

I am trying to set up a "lay the draw like on this thread. But for the life of me I cannot work out how to green up on 70mins if no goal. Could you point me in the right direction please.

Thanking you in advance.

Casbian
Dallas

casbian wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:39 pm
Hello Dallas

I am trying to set up a "lay the draw like on this thread. But for the life of me I cannot work out how to green up on 70mins if no goal. Could you point me in the right direction please.

Thanking you in advance.

Casbian
You just need a 'Green all selections' rule armed to trigger relative to in-play time around 01:03:00
That allows for the HT break and a few mins added time at the end of the first half

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Football”