Lay the Over 2.5 Goals & Green Up Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

This is a basic Guardian automation bot for use on Football markets.

The bot will place a lay bet for £10 fixed liability on the Over 2.5 goal market 45 seconds before K.O after 15 minutes of play it will close the trade and green up. (It can also be used on the Over 1.5 market).

You should try to Identify matches where you believe it is unlikely there will be a early goal, remember the average time of the first goal in a match is approx 29 mins.

To help you in selecting matches the "Football Ratings" thread will give you a guide to the average number of goals expected during some fixtures:
http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9588

To use the file just click on the Lay the Over 2.5 & Green Up.Baf attachment link below and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop down box just above, you can now apply it to any markets you have added into guardian.

The stake size can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File" then click on the "Parameters" tab.

Additional parts/conditions can also be added or removed from the bot as you build it into your own bespoke automation file.
Note; The green up rule is set to rearm after 10 seconds, this is enough if trading most major leagues but some of the lower leagues have long in-play delays so if trading these you may have to increase this rearm time to ensure its a few seconds long than any delay
If your not sure how long the in-play delay for a league is see this thread
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11148

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
James1st

" the average time of the first goal in a match is approx 22 mins"

Just a technical point, Dallas..

The correct actual average time is 35 minutes, I'm sure thats what you meant

James
convoysur-2

Thanks James
vladilyich

Maybe Dallas is referring to ALL football matches and not just the Premier League?
Dallas

James1st could well be correct I dont do much on the football markets and could nt say for sure where i read or heard about 22mins being the average or even which matches/leagues its related to, its just something i have had in my head for some time so i added as a guide

I did come across this thread which is a few years old now but users may still find useful
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7088
vladilyich

I have also heard around the 20 minute mark myself but maybe its an urban myth?
seaspaniel

So the value will be getting the correct expected time of the first goal under different criteria. e.g. difference in position in the league, the league itself, the teams themselves etc.

Sounds like a useful experiment.

One factor could be the standard deviation of the first goal and relating this to the time set to green up. The higher the standard deviation the more in advance of the average time you would want to green up.

Could be some value in working out a function that delivers the time to green up based on the data.

Whats the best source of data for first goal across all leagues.
vladilyich

By coincidence I did the reverse of this as a test strategy and backed the under 2.5 for a certain period of time instead of laying it!

Laying seems the better option though.
Niko

Quick question, can you automate your exit from the market over time, say £10 stake, match £3 at two ticks, another £2 after another two ticks etc?!?!?

Thanks!
Dallas

Niko wrote:Quick question, can you automate your exit from the market over time, say £10 stake, match £3 at two ticks, another £2 after another two ticks etc?!?!?

Thanks!
Yes its detailed in this thread
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=12284
Niko

Dallas wrote:
Niko wrote:Quick question, can you automate your exit from the market over time, say £10 stake, match £3 at two ticks, another £2 after another two ticks etc?!?!?

Thanks!
Yes its detailed in this thread
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=12284
:D
dzhonkz

If the goal is scored in these first 15 min will the bot close the trade anyway?
Sorry for noob question, im new at betangel
Dallas

dzhonkz wrote:If the goal is scored in these first 15 min will the bot close the trade anyway?
Sorry for noob question, im new at betangel
No it is currently just set to green up after mins regardless of a goal or not, you could set it to close after a goal if you wanted to.
alexdbarros

Hi!

I'd like to test the strategy below in soccer Over/Under Goals:
1) 10 minutes before end of the game, "Back Under X.5 Goals". Where "X" is the quantity of goals. For example, if the game is 0-0, back Under 0.5. If there is 1 goal, back Under 1.5. If 2 goals, back Under 2.5 and so on.

And more, the market Under 0.5 is closed, I'd like to open the bet on Under 1.5 in this period.

I thought to back "no goal" on the "next goal" market, but this market has much less money in. So I think is better work on Over/Under market.

2) the back odds on Under should be more than 1.5 to open the position.

3) Green Up on 90'.

How can I do that on the Guardian Automation?

Thanks

Alex
Dallas

You would be better to start with this file which signals when goals are scored
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=12490

You can then add your back bet rule to this and using a signal condition (as described in the thread above) add some conditions to your back bet rule to only trigger depending on the number of goals scored.

Then the only other condition you need to add is a
Fixed odds cond
Applied to Betfair row index 1
Back odds
Is Greater than 1.5

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Football”