Signal when Goals are Scored Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

shakey1964 wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:03 am
Hi All
Am I right in thinking that this automation finishes working at half time but the signal count will be still active after 80 mins so that I can get bet angel to lay the under 2.5 goals market for the last 10 minutes or so if there are just 2 goals in the first half.Any subsequent goals in half 2 would render the O/U 2.5 goals suspended and so the automation wouldn't be able to lay the market. Are all of these assumptions correct.
Yes, that is all 100% correct
shakey1964

Hi All
I ran this yesterday adding the automation of laying under 2.5 goals after 60 minutes (80 mins in-play time) on all games available to betangel (125 games)
Of these 125 games 22 fired the lay bet but 7 were miss fires with the half time scores of less than 2
The total Loss including miss fires was £4.60 but when you take the miss fires out it returned a profit of £20.40
A few of the miss fires were in the early hours where you might expect the liquidity to be low which I would presume why the automation miss read the markets
I have produced a spreadsheet attached below
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
STradingPost

Thanks for this file Dallas.

Hopefully be able to use it succesfully.

Looking to use to within an Unders Strategy. Should be able to link this to hedge out for a loss if a goal is scored between the relevant time period.
Dallas

STradingPost wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:36 pm

Looking to use to within an Unders Strategy. Should be able to link this to hedge out for a loss if a goal is scored between the relevant time period.
Sure it would help you do that

Just post back if you get stuck
STradingPost

Dallas wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:14 pm
STradingPost wrote:

Thanks Dallas.

I already had a test file set up for my <2.5 goals strategy, so followed this file to add in the stages to get the Goal Alert Signals - failed!
Decided to therefore just use the downloaded Goals Signal file and add in the stages for my strategy - success!!!

Working precisely how I want it to now during my testing phase. Succesfully hedged out for a loss when it has needed to.

From the way this Signal works, suspect there may be issues if a Goal is scored but then chalked off by VAR though. May be a bridge I will simply have to cross if and when it happens. No way of testing it as can't plan for a VAR goal change to happen in the time periods I am looking at.
Dallas

STradingPost wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:45 pm
Dallas wrote:
STradingPost wrote:

Thanks Dallas.

I already had a test file set up for my <2.5 goals strategy, so followed this file to add in the stages to get the Goal Alert Signals - failed!
Decided to therefore just use the downloaded Goals Signal file and add in the stages for my strategy - success!!!

Working precisely how I want it to now during my testing phase. Succesfully hedged out for a loss when it has needed to.

From the way this Signal works, suspect there may be issues if a Goal is scored but then chalked off by VAR though. May be a bridge I will simply have to cross if and when it happens. No way of testing it as can't plan for a VAR goal change to happen in the time periods I am looking at.
Yeah, this file was made before VAR was introduced so it can be tripped up by it
VAR is a real headache for automation users and there's now easy way around it, except you could lengthen the time since unsuspended condition and the number of secs used in the historical relative odds condition and that should prevent a few false triggers providing the VAR is dealt with quickly and in a timely manor
ija34

Hey Dallas,

Nice one for all the hard work you're doing. Been looking for a lay the draw @ ht automated strategy and came across your set-up so going to try it out. So originally, you have it set to trigger only on 0-0 scores at HT. To change this to include any draw, do I just change it from "the signal set condition for the selection is not set with a value" to "the signal value condition for the selection is equal to 0"?? and this would trigger all games (that qualify) that are drawing at HT regardless of score? Cheers.
Dallas

ija34 wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:01 am
Hey Dallas,

Nice one for all the hard work you're doing. Been looking for a lay the draw @ ht automated strategy and came across your set-up so going to try it out. So originally, you have it set to trigger only on 0-0 scores at HT. To change this to include any draw, do I just change it from "the signal set condition for the selection is not set with a value" to "the signal value condition for the selection is equal to 0"?? and this would trigger all games (that qualify) that are drawing at HT regardless of score? Cheers.
Very close,

You'd need conditions to test for both the signal NOT being set (for the 0-0 score), and for the signal value to be 0 (for any other draw)

To do this you would place the two conditions in a group which which specifies 'one or more of the conditions must be true'
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/gro ... tions.html
ija34

Dallas wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:43 pm
ija34 wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:01 am
Hey Dallas,

Very close,

You'd need conditions to test for both the signal NOT being set (for the 0-0 score), and for the signal value to be 0 (for any other draw)

To do this you would place the two conditions in a group which which specifies 'one or more of the conditions must be true'
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/gro ... tions.html
So would I need to delete the "signal goal for the current selection" condition, keep the "signal armed for the market is set" condition and create a group of conditions to test for 0-0 or any other draw?
ija34

It's placed its first Trade on a match but its 1-0 at ht to the away team. First goal scored in 35th minute so I must have set it up wrong. I used same setting as you except I created a group with one or more must be true and the first condition being signal value condition on name goal for the selection is equal to 0 and then the second condition is signal set condition is the signal named goal for the selection not set with a value
STradingPost

Dallas wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:53 pm
STradingPost wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:45 pm
Dallas wrote:

Thanks Dallas.

Yeah, this file was made before VAR was introduced so it can be tripped up by it
VAR is a real headache for automation users and there's now easy way around it, except you could lengthen the time since unsuspended condition and the number of secs used in the historical relative odds condition and that should prevent a few false triggers providing the VAR is dealt with quickly and in a timely manor
As soon as I looked at how this Bot worked, immediately realised that with the Time difference being used to calculate "Goal" that VAR would be a slight "fly in the ointment". Did wonder whether I could maybe lengthen the time in between, but problem with that is it also opens the gap for potential second goal to be scored as well. Fine line with Automation in this new era of the wonderful VAR.

I've also hit another slight issue in my testing. Looks like two games its hedged the loss at prices way out of kilter than I'd have expected. Most likely due to the market having either been delayed in resetting, or maybe a VAR review was taking place after the goal and hence funds were limited within the market. Another one for me to think about!!
Vasnath08

Hi Dallas,

You are doing a truly great job helping all the newbee's in here. I am a new bee as well and looking to build a bot to execute a lay bet on the next goal and trade out based on the time.

so if the first goal is scored between 0 - 22.5 mins then place a Lay 1.5 goals bet and cashout after gaining 3 ticks.
if the a goal is scored between 22.5 - 45 mins the place a lay 2.5 goals bet and cashout after gaining 6 ticks.
if the next goal is scored between 45 - 67.5 mins then place a lay 3.5 goals and cashout after gaining 9 ticks.
if the next goal is scored between 67.5 - 90 mins the place a lay 4.5 goals and cashout after gaining 12 ticks.

obviously the number of ticks gained will be the same is the first goal is scored between 67.5 - 90 mins (12 ticks)

the bot will just wait and only execute after the odds settle after a goal is scored . so the bot can bet on a match up to 4 or 5 times. or just once depending on the number of goals in the match.

I do not know how to build this in guardian. can you help please.

Thank you
Dallas

Vasnath08 wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:01 pm
Hi Dallas,

You are doing a truly great job helping all the newbee's in here. I am a new bee as well and looking to build a bot to execute a lay bet on the next goal and trade out based on the time.

so if the first goal is scored between 0 - 22.5 mins then place a Lay 1.5 goals bet and cashout after gaining 3 ticks.
if the a goal is scored between 22.5 - 45 mins the place a lay 2.5 goals bet and cashout after gaining 6 ticks.
if the next goal is scored between 45 - 67.5 mins then place a lay 3.5 goals and cashout after gaining 9 ticks.
if the next goal is scored between 67.5 - 90 mins the place a lay 4.5 goals and cashout after gaining 12 ticks.

obviously the number of ticks gained will be the same is the first goal is scored between 67.5 - 90 mins (12 ticks)

the bot will just wait and only execute after the odds settle after a goal is scored . so the bot can bet on a match up to 4 or 5 times. or just once depending on the number of goals in the match.

I do not know how to build this in guardian. can you help please.

Thank you
Glad you are finding them useful

What you've asked for maybe quite straight forward to set up but i'm just a little unclear what happens when there isn't a goal scored in a specfic time band?

For example
1st goal scored after 15mins (that bits fine)
2nd goal scored after 70mins (does that now trigger a bet on the 4.5 goals market to satisfy the time band or the 2.5 goals market as its the 2nd goal)?
Vasnath08

Hi Dallas,

It does not matter when the goal is scored . If for example the first goal is scored at say 75 mins the the bot should place a lay over 1.5 goals and then cash out after 12 ticks. its not restricted by number of goals but by the number of ticks it will cash out at given the time of goal. The consensus that i have taken is that as the time decays in a football match the odds for the next goal will decay a lot faster so can afford to take the extra ticks. hope i have explained my self here.

For example
1st goal scored after 15mins (that bits fine), the bot does not trigger a bet until a goal is scored. so if a goal is scored in the first minute the bot should place a lay over 1.5 goals in the match and cash out as soon at it takes 3 ticks , if the 2nd goals goes in after say 7 minutes the bot will place lay over 2.5 goals and will cash out after 3 ticks. like wise if the first goal is scored in the 25th minute the bot will place a lay over 1.5 goals bet but will cash out at 6 ticks.
2nd goal scored after 70mins (does that now trigger a bet on the 4.5 goals market to satisfy the time band or the 2.5 goals market as its the 2nd goal)? No it just triggers a lay over 2.5 goals but will cash out after 12 ticks. as its the 4th quarter of the game so the odds for 2.5 decays a lot faster as given only 15 mins left.

Things that are taken in to consideration is there is very rarely goals scored within 5 minutes of a goal being scored at least in the top 5 leagues. Or at least the probability is very low. I can choose games with closer odds between the home and away team which will further reduce the probability of a goal being scored immediately after a goal is scored.
leewillo75

Hello looking for a bit of help regarding a home trading method that I use that I am looking to automation

Basically I place a bet on the home side in certain conditions and then green it up when they hopefully take the lead at some point in the game and then that is me done on the market

Ive got the automation set up all ready to record the price and place the home bet its just this final bit that I need some help with in terms of signals and appreciate red cards might effect it but what I am thinking is this

Use the orginal file in this thread to mointor home and away prices and got to do the following

Set the goal signal to zero at the start
Record current home price and last home price, if that has dropped by 20 ticks then add the signal to Increment the value
Record current away price and last away price, if that has dropped by 20 ticks then add the signal to Decrement the value
If the goal signal then equals one green the market up

Just a couple of things I am need advice about

The recording of the home and away prices. If I set it up that one of the conditions is time since unsuspended is greater then 60 seconds and aim the trigger from 00:00:01 in play to say 02:30:00 that is 180 mins which should be enough to cover the whole match. Also set it up allow rule to trigger 180 times waiting 60 seconds before rearming.

I only want it to record the prices until the home side take the lead as I exit the trade then so no need to record the prices then so in the greening up rule do I need to current another signal and say call it home side lead and once that hits one make it a condition in the orginal signals file

Also when it comes to the greening file one of the rules has to be that the goal signal equals one and set that up to fire say a max of 3 times only within the 180 mins

I know how to operate it in my head its just covering all the stages and then testing as at the moment it isnt working properly for me and I think its something to do with not creating the second signal for when the home team take the lead

I hope I have explained exactly what I am trying to do and someone could please give me a point in the right direction

Thanks

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Football”