Signal when Goals are Scored Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

This is a basic Guardian automation bot for use on football markets.

Attached to this post are two variations of how signals can be used to look for goals in a match, one file is for use on match odds markets, the other is for the over/under markets. Details of how each work and examples of how and when they can be used are explained in the next two posts below.

The general purpose of both bots is to set signals during a game when each goal is scored, these signals can then be used to trigger a back, lay or green up bet/trade from an existing strategy your running.

Without an actual score feed to trigger bets following a goal this is the next best way to achieve this. Both automation bots are set up for and work very well on matches involving equally matched teams (but can never be 100%) so if you have a strategy for these type of games that is dependent on goals being scored this will definitely help.

**On some occasions the odds will move in a similar way if a red card is issued which could cause the signal to still be set although this won’t happen all that often.**

If your trading matches with a strong home or away fav the file can still be used but a slight adjustment to the number of odds movement allowed and to which selection before a signal is set will be required for these type of games.

To use either or both of the files just click on the Signal Goals.Baf & Signal Goals O-U 2.5.Baf attachment links below and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop down box just above, you can now apply it to any markets you have added into guardian.

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g

All aspects of this file can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File" then click on the "General, Parameters & Conditions" tab and change to whatever you require.

With any automation bot always use in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Signal Goals

This file looks for a 10+ tick movement of the odds of the draw during the first half and 60secs after a market was last unsuspended in almost every case this means a goal has been scored. It now sets a signal with a value of 1 to highlight this, the signal value is increased by one each time this team scores and is decreased by one each time the opposing team scores so the current value of the signal will tell you the likely difference between the teams in goal and therefore you can then trigger your own automation rules based on this information.

For example
Team A scores a signal is set – Goal 1
Team A scores again signal is changed to – Goal 2
Team B scores signal is now changed back to – Goal 1
Team A scores again the signal is changed – Goal 2
And so on….. So how can this help you?

If you have an existing rule/strategy that is based on a score, then a condition can be added to your current rule which looks for a signal being set before being allowed to trigger.
For example if you created a rule which lays the draw at half time rule (if it was a draw) then adding the condition as detailed below;

'Signal value condition' is 'equal' to 0

would allow your lay to trigger if the match was a draw – where as any other signal value would mean one team or another is leading and therefore not trigger the bet.

Or if you were laying the draw at half time but ONLY if the score was still 0-0 using the condition;

'Signal Set Condition' the name 'goal' is NOT set with a value

this will only allow the lay to trigger if still the score is 0-0 (see image below).

and if you wanted to back or lay a team during the 1st half but only if they were 2 goals ahead on your back/lay rule you would add the condition

'Signal value condition' is 'equal' to – goal 2

That’s just a few examples and there are many more that can where signals can be used to trigger a bet/trade following a goal being scored.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Signal Goals O-U 2.5

This works slightly different to the above rule as you will see, its for use on the over/under 2.5 markets and just as the above file does it looks for a 10+ tick movement of the odds from the overs during the first half and 60secs after a market was last unsuspended again in most cases this means a goal has been scored. It now sets a signal with a value of 1 to highlight this, the signal value is increased by one each time ANY team then scores so the current value of the signal will tell you the likely number of goals in the match so far and therefore you can then trigger your own automation rules based on this information.

For example
Team B scores a signal is set – Goal 1
Team A scores the signal is now changed to – Goal 2
Team A scores again signal is now changed to – Goal 3

Here if you have an existing Over/Under rule or strategy that is based on number of goals, then a condition can be added to this current rule which looks for a signal value before being allowed to trigger.

You might want to back the under 2.5 if there has been a 2nd goal in the 1st half, this would be done by adding a ‘signal value condition’ is ‘equal’ to goal 2 to your back rule (see image below).

Or you may want to lay the over 2.5 if an early goal is scored here on your lay rule the condition would be ‘Signal Value condition’ is ‘equal’ to 1.

Just the same as the other 'Signal Goals' file from the post above there is also endless possibilities on ways this one can be used on either the O/U 2.5 markets or any other Over/Under markets.

If you wish to use it on other over/under markets 0.5,3.5 & 4.5 etc) it will just require the number of ticks editing before setting any signal similar to the earlier rule.
Tenable

I have been doing the lay the draw at HT for some time now but its time consuming to checkin which of my games are still a draw before using my LTD rule,,, i added this to my current rule and tried on about 30 games over last few days and to my surprise it has correctly triggered my lay bet only on the games with a HT draw and ignored all others,, thank you for sharing this is going to save me so much time now..
faldo777

Hi

Very new to this but it looks great.

No idea how to do this or if it's even possible but would love some help.

My system is as follows:

1. Place bet on over 1.5 goals if odds are between 1.2 and 1.45
2. As soon goal is scored or if the loss is 50% of stake then cash out

This saves the losses so on a £10 bet the max loss is £5 and you normally win around £2

Been trying this manually for a bit now and it usually averages around 80-90% success .. so say 10 games the profit is 8 x 2 = 16 minus 2 x 5 = 10 overall 6 profit (usually a bit more depending on odds).

Not sure how to use the trigger to lay the bet when a goal is scored or how to lay the bet when the liability hits 50% of stake.

Thanks in advance for any help

Faldo
Dallas

Using this file all you need to do is add a new 'place back bet' rule type by clicking the green plus icon (assuming the odds you require are before the match starts) arm the rule at
00:00:59 before event start time
till 00:00:05 before event start time
Trigger 1 time

On the 'Parameters' tab
set your required stake and 'Place at best odds'

On the 'Condtions' tab use 2 x fixed odds condtions
Fixed odds cond
Selections 'Last traded price'
is 'Greater' than 1.2
&
Fixed odds cond
Selections 'Last traded price'
is 'Less' than 1.45

(that part places a back bet providing the odds fall within those price just before K.O)

You can set the automation file green/red up at any profit or loss value, this thread explains how to set it up and includes a further link to a ready made file if you wanted to copy the contents direct into your current one.
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11488

On the green up rule for a profit ONLY also add the condtion 'Signal set Condtion'
Is the Signal named goal
set with a value

That should do it, although it may sound complicated once you have the rules editor open and begin following the above instrcutions and its quiet straight forward
LeTiss

Absolutely f**king sensational effort and generosity, Dallas.

I hope newbie and novice traders appreciate the work you put in?!
faldo777

Many thanks I'll give it a go and report back soon

Faldo
Dallas

LeTiss 4pm wrote:Absolutely f**king sensational effort and generosity, Dallas.

I hope newbie and novice traders appreciate the work you put in?!
Thanks Letiss, going off the messages both here and ones i have recieved privately it seems the large majority are finding the posts useful. Its always rewarding to see when a user posts that they have learned how to do something or discovered something new they never knew was possible.

Their purpose has always been to try and and give newbie's that leg up and reduce that steep learning curve we've all been round and where possible to try and fill in any gaps from the user guide and tutorial video's or even just reinenforcing/expanding on something already covered but in a broken down easy to understand example.
faldo777

Hi

Works great and I've also used the loss limiting part on my horse racing rule to limit the loss if a bet doesn't get layed at a price or the horse falls and it hasn't layed as happened today!!!!

Profits are ok as gets about £1.50 per match when a goal is scored early, but this drops as the match goes on and end with the loss of £5 if no goal is scored around 60 mins or so.

Had another idea of putting the bets on in-play say after about 40 mins when the odds will be higher. So running the place back bet from 00:40:00 mins until 01:25:00 and I'm using the signal to check a goal hasn't been scored and that the odds are over 1.5. The only think I can't work out is how to get it to keep trying to place the bet in the time period and only place it once if the odds go over 1.5. As only start the Green on goal once the bet has been placed but was just going to start this at 00:40:00 as wasn't sure this was possible.

Thanks again for your help just the one post has taught me so much.

Faldo
faldo777

Think I might have answered my own question

I'm triggering the place back bet 300 times with 10 sec reload (50 mins) and setting a condition that matched bets are less than 1 .. hopefully that should keep it trying to place the bet and only place it once

The greening on goal is set to condition of matched bets more than 0 so shouldn't trigger until the bet is placed and a goal is scored.

Will this work ok?

Faldo
Dallas

faldo777 wrote:Hi

Works great and I've also used the loss limiting part on my horse racing rule to limit the loss if a bet doesn't get layed at a price or the horse falls and it hasn't layed as happened today!!!!

Profits are ok as gets about £1.50 per match when a goal is scored early, but this drops as the match goes on and end with the loss of £5 if no goal is scored around 60 mins or so.

Had another idea of putting the bets on in-play say after about 40 mins when the odds will be higher. So running the place back bet from 00:40:00 mins until 01:25:00 and I'm using the signal to check a goal hasn't been scored and that the odds are over 1.5. The only think I can't work out is how to get it to keep trying to place the bet in the time period and only place it once if the odds go over 1.5. As only start the Green on goal once the bet has been placed but was just going to start this at 00:40:00 as wasn't sure this was possible.

Thanks again for your help just the one post has taught me so much.

Faldo
If you change both your back rule and green up timers to arm at 00:40:00 but leave the signal rule arm at the begining of the match

Then on your back bet rule add a 'Signal Set Condtion'
Is the Signal
named 'Goal'
NOT set with a value

That will do it

Just for the extra piece of mind in case your back bet is not matched on the first attempt you could set this to trigger 2-3 times and use the matched bet condtion exactly as you have just mentioned above to ensure only 1 is matched (if doing that on parameters tab use fill/kill 10 secs to ensure the one not matched is cancelled).

The matched bets condtion on greening you mentioned does not need to be set as if a goal has been scored before the back bet is armed it wont place a bet so thier will be nothing to green up - but by inlcuding it anyway wont cause no harm and will serve as a extra backup

Your general understanding of using the matched bets condtions from above is perfectly correct
faldo777

Thanks again for the help .. as I said very new to this (3 days in) but loving reading the forum and thinking of the possibilities which seem endless. At the minute don't even think it's about the winning it's more about discovery what this can do, but winning is also nice to pay the monthly fees once they kick in :)

Faldo
Dallas

faldo777 wrote:Thanks again for the help .. as I said very new to this (3 days in) but loving reading the forum and thinking of the possibilities which seem endless. At the minute don't even think it's about the winning it's more about discovery what this can do, but winning is also nice to pay the monthly fees once they kick in :)

Faldo
Thats exactly the attitude to have, if you can put the thought of profits out of your mind for the time being and concentrate just on learning how the markets work and how the software can be used. Your only other objective for the moment should be trying to keep any losses to a minimum, doing this your learning will be much less stressful.
scottyhib

Hi Dallas

My first post on here! I am looking at automation for an O2.5 strategy and I am not sure if your signal file is what I am looking for. For my method I am looking to place a back bet in play before 20 mins when price reaches 2.00. However if a goal is scored before that price is reached I want any orders to be cancelled or for Bet Angel to exit the market completely. Will your signal help achieve this?

Very new to automation, hopefully I will get my head around it quickly!

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Football”