Signal when Goals are Scored Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

dzhonkz wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 3:33 pm
Hi, Dallas

Thank you for your work!
I have used your file for backing Unders after the first goal has been scored. I have used "Best Market Price" when making a Back rule.

But i have noticed that the bot acts too fast and sometimes backs Unders at a much lower price than it could after the market has reopened. For example bot backed Unders at 2.75, but several seconds after the market is trading at 3.3-3.35

How can I make the bot act a bit slower or back when the market will settle around some stable price?
Glad they have been of some help :)

You could either or both of the following;

Increase the time since market unsupened condition to 120secs (or more)
and
add a relative odds condition to test the selection
back price is
equal to the
lay price
minus 1 tick

Basically saying only trigger when there are no gaps and the markets should have more or less reformed
dzhonkz

Thank you so much, will try both i think!
Speculator_3

Hi Dallas,

As a (rather) new user of BetAngel forum looking into automating his football trades, I have been puzzled to say the least as to why a live score feed is not available. This might sound stupid - but I'd like to clarify, is this llack of live feed only restriced to BetAngel software or is it due to the Betfair API itself (and thus would affect any custom made bot)?

What is the reason for the unavailability of a score feed?

Last but not least, surely one would be able to overcome this difficulty by building some webcrawler / scraper that obtains the live score from another website (i.e. a bookmaker), or betfair itself, and incorporates this into the bot?
Dallas

Speculator_3 wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 12:50 am
Hi Dallas,

As a (rather) new user of BetAngel forum looking into automating his football trades, I have been puzzled to say the least as to why a live score feed is not available. This might sound stupid - but I'd like to clarify, is this llack of live feed only restriced to BetAngel software or is it due to the Betfair API itself (and thus would affect any custom made bot)?

What is the reason for the unavailability of a score feed?

Last but not least, surely one would be able to overcome this difficulty by building some webcrawler / scraper that obtains the live score from another website (i.e. a bookmaker), or betfair itself, and incorporates this into the bot?
The primary reason is licencing costs, at the moment that cost well exceeds the amount that could add to subscriptions to recoup. BA are always looking for solutions and if one is found it won't take any time to update the software to facilitate it.

Users can and many do use excel and scrap the scores in from other sources then trigger bets via excel from them (users can do this but as a commercial business BA itself can not just go around scrapping scores without an appropriate licence)
Speculator_3

Dallas: thanks for your reply. I am wondering, would I be able to use BA software to enter a football market when a specified goal difference in the match has been achieved, and then trade out when that goal difference has changed in a specified direction? For example, I specify to lay a team when it is 3 goals ahead (doesn't matter what the score is - 0-3, 3-0, 4-1, 1-4, etc) and then trade out a fraction of my stake when the goal difference is reduced to 2 (i.e. losing team gets a goal back).
Dallas

Speculator_3 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:28 pm
Dallas: thanks for your reply. I am wondering, would I be able to use BA software to enter a football market when a specified goal difference in the match has been achieved, and then trade out when that goal difference has changed in a specified direction? For example, I specify to lay a team when it is 3 goals ahead (doesn't matter what the score is - 0-3, 3-0, 4-1, 1-4, etc) and then trade out a fraction of my stake when the goal difference is reduced to 2 (i.e. losing team gets a goal back).
Yes, that's exactly what this file can be used for.

There is info in the OP that explains how to setup/use it
Tobbe

Hi

I have tryed the " signal goals over /under but i can get it right I would like it to wait until halv time that is no problem but I would like it to eather lay O/U 2.5 or O/U 3.5 if it is 1 goal at half time lay O/U 2.5 if there is two goals at half time lay O/U 3.5 that is my problem.I have tested with differnt setting but no succés. Should the setting for " Goal for overs " be changed ? or left at " equal to" 0.
In my own lay setting I changed the "Signal value condition" "for" the market " is equal to " 1 or 2 could someone help me out with this I´am stuck .

Regards
Tobbe
Tobbe

Hi

I fixed the problem my self. It took some testing and time but finaly I got it woorking.

Tobbe
firlandsfarm

Hi Dallas, funny how obvious some things become when someone shows you how. :) The trick for me is to learn from your reasoning, it's good. May I just check I'm reading your structure correctly with the Goals baf.

If the Away team's odds go out by 10 or more ticks then the Home team have scored and the Goal signal is increased and conversely, if the Away team's odds have come in by 10 or more ticks then the Away team has scored and the Goal signal is decreased. So because we are used to things to be Home team related I guess you are effectively using a double negative. :)

Is that because you expect the largest odds movement to be with the Away team and so easier to detect. Just interested.
Dallas

firlandsfarm wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:55 pm
Hi Dallas, funny how obvious some things become when someone shows you how. :) The trick for me is to learn from your reasoning, it's good. May I just check I'm reading your structure correctly with the Goals baf.

If the Away team's odds go out by 10 or more ticks then the Home team have scored and the Goal signal is increased and conversely, if the Away team's odds have come in by 10 or more ticks then the Away team has scored and the Goal signal is decreased. So because we are used to things to be Home team related I guess you are effectively using a double negative. :)

Is that because you expect the largest odds movement to be with the Away team and so easier to detect. Just interested.
The original file in this thread tests for goals by looking at the movement in draw odds to count the number of goals a team is ahead by
Or are you referring to a comment I've made within the thread somewhere?

If testing the movement of the teams I guess you could use either, ie, increase the signal by 1 for the home team as a goal if;
their odds dropped by 10+ ticks or the away teams drifted by 10+ ticks

There is also the following file which displays scores on your Watch List or One-click screen, and works slightly different by only changing the signals each time a team's odds decrease (ie, a goal is scored by that team) to derive an actual score
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17370
firlandsfarm

Dallas wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:11 pm
The original file in this thread tests for goals by looking at the movement in draw odds to count the number of goals a team is ahead by … Or are you referring to a comment I've made within the thread somewhere?
Well there you go, knock me down with a kipper … I never thought about it, I just assumed rows 1,2 and 3 were Home, Draw and Away respectively as the 'normal' protocol is! I actually never checked it and clearly had never taken that much notice on the Betfair page! So where my post refers to "Away" it should have referred to "Draw"! Sorry for being so silly and thanks you for handling it so sensitively! :lol:
Dallas

firlandsfarm wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:01 pm
Dallas wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:11 pm
The original file in this thread tests for goals by looking at the movement in draw odds to count the number of goals a team is ahead by … Or are you referring to a comment I've made within the thread somewhere?
Well there you go, knock me down with a kipper … I never thought about it, I just assumed rows 1,2 and 3 were Home, Draw and Away respectively as the 'normal' protocol is! I actually never checked it and clearly had never taken that much notice on the Betfair page! So where my post refers to "Away" it should have referred to "Draw"! Sorry for being so silly and thanks you for handling it so sensitively! :lol:
Its a easy mistake to make, and if you were using Betdaq it would have been the right assumption, they do have it Home, Draw, Away.
I've never been sure why BF decided to put the draw in row 3 :)
James2000

Hi Dallas,

Thank you for uploading the signal files and for the (ongoing) explanations of the uses. I think I'm doing something daft and I was hoping you might be able to advise me?

I'm trying to place a back bet in the over 1.5 market at 15 mins if the score is 0-0. I've created the attached rules and applied them to various markets but it triggers the back bet at 15 mins irrespective of the score line.

I'd be most grateful if you could have a quick look please?

Many thanks, Jim
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

James2000 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:59 pm
Hi Dallas,

Thank you for uploading the signal files and for the (ongoing) explanations of the uses. I think I'm doing something daft and I was hoping you might be able to advise me?

I'm trying to place a back bet in the over 1.5 market at 15 mins if the score is 0-0. I've created the attached rules and applied them to various markets but it triggers the back bet at 15 mins irrespective of the score line.

I'd be most grateful if you could have a quick look please?

Many thanks, Jim
Just a very minor thing (and often done)

The signal is being set on the market
The condition on the back rule is looking for a signal set on a selection.

So just needs that changing to market and it should be fine
James2000

Brilliant, thank you very much. I noticed I was also trying the program on markets where a goal had already been scored but obviously the rule must be active during the goal for the signal to detect the odds shift. All sorted now. :)
Thanks

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Football”