Lay the Draw @ Half Time if 0-0 Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

Ruudman wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:26 pm
Many thanks Dallas. One of my bets fired today but surprisingly when the score was 1-1 at HT????? (Alanyaspor v Salernitana).. THEN didn't green up when the score went 2-1 (but I understand that could be because the market didn't suspend). Even so this doesn't inspire confidence in the bot so is there a modified file I can import?
All rules get fully tested for several days prior to them being uploaded, this particular rule needs to constantly retrieve market updates to test if there has been a significant odds change for the signal rule to trigger so requires guardian is set up optimally and no interruptions to the market updates from Betfair.

How many markets did you have in Guardian at the time and how fast were they being refreshed?
Did you leave the PC unattended and allow sleep/hibernation mode to kick in?

Also since this file was created further options have been added which allow information to be passed from one market to another, so instead of using the signal throughout the 1st half you could now check the 0-0 correct score at HT and trigger a bet

There is a slightly different rules file here that does that, so you could take the CS rules file have it trigger at HT and copy the Stored Value condition from the match odds green up rule into the lay rule of the file you are currently using
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=17043

You then just need to remove the signal rules and conditions
Michael5482

Dallas wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:02 pm
Ruudman wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:26 pm
Many thanks Dallas. One of my bets fired today but surprisingly when the score was 1-1 at HT????? (Alanyaspor v Salernitana).. THEN didn't green up when the score went 2-1 (but I understand that could be because the market didn't suspend). Even so this doesn't inspire confidence in the bot so is there a modified file I can import?
All rules get fully tested for several days prior to them being uploaded, this particular rule needs to constantly retrieve market updates to test if there has been a significant odds change for the signal rule to trigger so requires guardian is set up optimally and no interruptions to the market updates from Betfair.

How many markets did you have in Guardian at the time and how fast were they being refreshed?

Also since this file was created further options have been added which allow information to be passed from one market to another, so instead of using the signal throughout the 1st half you could now check the 0-0 correct score at HT and trigger a bet

There is a slightly different rules file here that does that, so you could take the CS rules file have it trigger at HT and copy the Stored Value condition from the match odds green up rule into the lay rule of the file you are currently using
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=17043

You then just need to remove the signal rules and conditions
I use the Over/Under 0.5 goal market to trigger a signal at HT. If there's a goal it doesn't trigger as the market's closed worked better for than the CS market (for me anyway) due to liquidity and gaps in prices.
Ruudman

Sorry to be a nuisance but this rule is doing my head in. Firstly it lays the draw at HT if 0-0 - Great. But then it sometimes doesn't green immediately after a goal or doesn't green at all. This doesn't fill me with confidence if I scale this up. Is there a solution?

Cheers Dave
Dallas

Ruudman wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:23 pm
Sorry to be a nuisance but this rule is doing my head in. Firstly it lays the draw at HT if 0-0 - Great. But then it sometimes doesn't green immediately after a goal or doesn't green at all. This doesn't fill me with confidence if I scale this up. Is there a solution?

Cheers Dave

Ruudman

Hi there

I probably had about 150 matches in Guardian refreshing at 200 millisecs and as far as I was aware my laptop didn't hibernate (as I've set it to never switch off). It's happened again today where I had to manually green (Betis v Inter) having given the bot a good 10 mins to do it itself.. and it's fired at 1-1 again
I did notice that the Betis game "one click" screen configuration was
Line 1 Draw
Line 2 Betis
Line 3 Inter
That could, perhaps explain why the bot didn't green up itself. Is there any safeguard to prevent this happening?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Ruudman on Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dallas

Ruudman wrote:
Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:25 pm
Hi there

I probably had about 150 matches in Guardian refreshing at 200 millisecs and as far as I was aware my laptop didn't hibernate (as I've set it to never switch off). It's happened again today where I had to manually green having given the bot a good 10 mins to do it itself.. and it's fired at 1-1 again
That amount of markets and refresh rate means each market is only going to get refreshed once every 30secs or so - which is far to slow
For that amount of markets you need to be refreshing at full speed of 20ms and probably restricting the refresh to start refreshing a market just before it's KO

The above will be a large contributing factor and with your current settings most rules files are going to struggle to work optimally, but thanks to your screenshot I can see the main reason it's not working properly is actually the type of markets you have it applied to, basically the liquidity is way way to low

If you look at the prices you'll see lack of liquidity means huge spreads (gaps between the back and lay prices), the rules in this file are looking for sudden 10-15 ticks moves within a minute or so and will trigger when that happens, your market has 15+ ticks between the back and lay prices so the rules are never going to be able to work on gappy markets like this

You don't need premier league levels of liquidity but matches should have at least a few thousand matched before they KO (That match in your image has only had £500 by half time), with a few thousand matched before KO you can be assured the market is well formed with no gaps in the spread and plenty of money sitting just outside at the 2nd, 3rd, 4th best prices etc
Ruudman

Many thanks for you excellent reply and I'll have to think of a command to put in which only selects games where there's sufficient liquidity... Unless you know of one?
I did notice something odd today - the Betis game "one click" screen configuration was
Line 1 Draw
Line 2 Betis
Line 3 Inter
That could, perhaps explain why the bot didn't green up itself. Is there any safeguard to prevent this happening?
WOW, I thought this automation is meant to make life easy :lol:
Dallas

Ruudman wrote:
Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:33 pm
Many thanks for you excellent reply and I'll have to think of a command to put in which only selects games where there's sufficient liquidity... Unless you know of one?
I did notice something odd today - the Betis game "one click" screen configuration was
Line 1 Draw
Line 2 Betis
Line 3 Inter
WOW, I thought this automation is meant to make life easy :lol:
To find games with enough liquidity you can either incorporate it into a Market search filter (so only markets with 'X' volume traded at time of search are added to Guardian (which also means you aren't refreshing markets unnecessarily)

Or you can add a 'Volume Condition' to your rule/s
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/volume.html

So in regards to this example you are using you could add the volume condition to the signal rule that triggers just before KO, so that the match needs to fit bot an odds and volume criteria before the signal rule triggers - if this signal rule hasn't triggered then none of the in-play rules can trigger

Regarding the Betis Game, I've never known Betfair to ever put selections from a football market in the wrong order, the most likely thing is you'd re-ordered them yourself, this is done by clicking on the column headers (ie, click the name header to order them alphabetically, the back price to sort by back price etc etc)

Changing the sort order on the one-click or ladder screens won't effect the rules, a rule applied to Betfair row 1 will trigger on the selection in row 1 on Betfair irrespective how you have them sorted on your screens
Ruudman

Thanks once again for your reply and patience with me. (I've only had Bet Angel for 2 weeks so am a complete newbie) I have now set this up in the initial filter but have set the volume to be > £10000. I have tested it and it only returns a handful of games (all over £10,000) as opposed to before. Thank you!!
Safeway

Hi - sorry......could somebody just clarify a football matter for me? I don't want to start a new thread. I'm not really a BA newbie but have spent all my time on horses.

If I place a pre-match bet which is unmatched at time of kick off it will be cancelled when the market goes in play (YES?)

If I 'KEEP' the bet (as I occasionally do on the horses) the bet will be 'replaced in play' following the initial market suspension - same stake, same odds. Whether it gets matched or not being another matter......

BUT.....on footy, if I were to 'KEEP' that bet - would it survive the various suspensions that may occur during the course of the match ie. suspensions due to goals scored / red cards etc.

In other words, by selecting 'KEEP' will the unmatched bet survive until (and if) it is ultimately matched????

Thanks for your patience :?
Jakesafc8

Looking for something that will lay the draw at half time in the full time market, if the game is a draw at half time. is there anything like that? or can anyone help? New user of bet angel. Thanks
Dallas

Jakesafc8 wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:11 pm
Looking for something that will lay the draw at half time in the full time market, if the game is a draw at half time. is there anything like that? or can anyone help? New user of bet angel. Thanks
Thats what the bot in the OP of this thread is for
Jakesafc8

I have tried the goal signal one from this post tonight in practice mode but it just keeps laying the draw every time a goal goes in?
Dallas

Jakesafc8 wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:34 pm
I have tried the goal signal one from this post tonight in practice mode but it just keeps laying the draw every time a goal goes in?
I'm not sure what you mean by 'goal signal one' from this post?

The only file you need is the 'Lay the Draw if 0-0 at HT' from the OP, and that needs to be applied to the match before KO so the pre-KO price can be checked first
sIGNAL

if i wanted to add only to place lay bets on odds less than 2.5 how do i add that rule ? TIA

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Football”