Back Home Team at HT if Trailing by 1 Goal Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

This is a basic Guardian automation file for use on Football markets.

The purpose of this automation file is to back the home side during halftime for £10 at the best price IF they are trailing by just 1 goal. As the home side will only be 1 goal behind they should have a good incentive to try and get back into the match.
In the 2nd half if they do equalize 50% of that stake will be layed off at the best current price to reduce your liability, if they score again and take the lead the remainder of the trade is fully greened up - should the away side score anytime during the 2nd half the automation file will green you up.

The automation file works by using a series of 'Signals' to trigger later rules within the file depending on what’s occurred earlier.

Pre match Requirements
Just before KO a rule checks for the following conditions to be met - The home, away and draw odds must all be greater than 2.0 at KO (making it a competitive match) also the total matched volume at this time must be over £10k. Only if both of these conditions are met will the rule trigger and ‘Set a Signal’ on the market.

In-Play
Once, the match has kicked off the next two rules in the file called (‘Signal home Goal & Signal away goal’) will become armed and able to trigger, each will use a ‘Signal Set’ condition to determine if the above has been satisfied and a signal has been set on the market – only if it has will these and the subsequent rules of the automation file be able to trigger.

These two rules will monitor for a drop-in odds of 15 ticks or more during a 60 sec period, (a drop in odds will occur like this following a goal being scored).

One rule monitors the odds of the home team the other the away team, each will set a signal named ‘Goal’ every time a sudden drop in odds occurs. Each time either rule triggers the value of its signal is also incremented or decremented by 1 depending which one triggers (it is incremented by 1 for the away team, decremented by 1 for the home team)

So, if the away team score a goal and the odds drop suddenly the signal named ‘Goal’ will be given a value = 1, if they score again the value will = 2, if the home team then scores the value will reduce back to 1 and so on.

See image below for an example of how these signals will look in the log and how it compares to the goal being scored

Goals Example 2.jpg

Only if this signal named ‘Goal’ has a value equal to 1 at halftime (meaning the away side should have a 1 goal lead) will the back bet for £10 be placed on the favourite at the best price - at the same time this rule will also set a further 'signal' on the market with its own unique name which the 2nd half rules will use.

In the 2nd half providing the HT, bet was placed and the new signal set if the away team score again (and there is a drop in their odds) a green up rule will trigger and that’s the trade finished for this match.

If the home team score 1st to equalize a drop in their odds will allow the rule ‘Trade out 50%’ to trigger. This rule will then set its own unique ‘Signal’ so that if the home team score again with this signal set the ‘Green Up if home side takes the lead’ rule can trigger.

It all may appear a little complicated but after downloading the rule if you go into the ‘Rules Editor’ and start with the top rule and note the signal type/name that is being set on the ‘Signal’ tab then work your way down through each rule and check its ‘Conditions’ and ‘Signal’ tabs you will begin to see how the whole automation file is daisy chained together and a later rule triggering or not triggering is dependent on what signal has/has NOT been set by an earlier rule.
This makes ‘Signals’ a very powerful feature of automation and once fully understood you’ll see just how flexible and easy they can be put to good use.

To use the file just click on the Back Home Team if Losing by a Goal at HT.Baf attachment link below and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop down box just above, you can now apply it to any markets you have added into guardian.

Once you have it imported into your Guardian the stake size along with any other aspects of this file can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.
To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bryangel

Thank you Dallas.
Simonlofc

Thanks as always for this one
daveyp9

Hi all.

Can I get some advice on how to modify this so that it backs the draw if the home team are a minimum of 2 goals down at HT and then green up if get the match back to 2-2 or 3-3 etc?
Dallas

daveyp9 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:21 pm
Hi all.

Can I get some advice on how to modify this so that it backs the draw if the home team are a minimum of 2 goals down at HT and then green up if get the match back to 2-2 or 3-3 etc?
First you'll need to extend the times the signal rules are amed for so they are active for the full match
Next delete the bottom three rules completely

Then change the back home team at HT as follows
Apply it to Betfair row 3
Change the signal goal condition for market to less than -1

Then add a green up rule to trigger in the 2nd half
trigger 3 times re-arm every 15secs

Add the following conditions;

Time since market unsuspended is greater than 65 secs
Signal named goals for the market is equal to 0

That should do it
tommyc333

Hi - a condition of the 'Back Home Team @ HT' rule for this is that the Signal 'Stop' is not set.

I can't see where this signal is set - have I missed something?

Apologies if this is a stupid question!

Thanks
Tom
Dallas

tommyc333 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:32 pm
Hi - a condition of the 'Back Home Team @ HT' rule for this is that the Signal 'Stop' is not set.

I can't see where this signal is set - have I missed something?

Apologies if this is a stupid question!

Thanks
Tom
Its set on the next rule down,
Green up if Away team scores
tommyc333

Thanks, missed that. Why is it required though? It's only armed after 52 mins when it would be HT, and the Back Home rule is disarmed on 55 mins.

Just trying to get head round it.

Thanks for the quick reply by the way!
Dallas

tommyc333 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:51 pm
Thanks, missed that. Why is it required though? It's only armed after 52 mins when it would be HT, and the Back Home rule is disarmed on 55 mins.

Just trying to get head round it.

Thanks for the quick reply by the way!
Both the final rules will green up the selection following a goal, this stops both rules firing at the same time. Without it you could have a scenario where the home team equalize and the 50% greening rule triggers then another goal gets scored and both the final 2 rules trigger together
tommyc333

Thanks for the explanation.
globi166

why we need to wait untill HT ? Wouldn't be better to place a bet soon after fav lost goal as it may equalize in first half ?
Dallas

globi166 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:35 pm
why we need to wait untill HT ? Wouldn't be better to place a bet soon after fav lost goal as it may equalize in first half ?
You can back them whenever you want, HT was just an arbitrary time used to set up the rule, but many like doing so at this time or in the 2nd half as they'll get a better price
globi166

great thanks
satoshi-pl

Thanks for the file! Would it be possible to have 2 scenarios in one file:

Scenario 1) for HOME Odds below 1.5 and scenario 2) for HOME Odds 1.51-1.75?
I have an idea how to do it, but my only doubt comes when you set the value 'good', which you then use for the AWAY and HOME goal signals. And if I set the same signal for both scenarios, the re would be a mess.

Because depending on the scenario I would place different bets, so it has to be separated somehow. Thanks for a hint.
Dallas

satoshi-pl wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:59 pm
Thanks for the file! Would it be possible to have 2 scenarios in one file:

Scenario 1) for HOME Odds below 1.5 and scenario 2) for HOME Odds 1.51-1.75?
I have an idea how to do it, but my only doubt comes when you set the value 'good', which you then use for the AWAY and HOME goal signals. And if I set the same signal for both scenarios, the re would be a mess.

Because depending on the scenario I would place different bets, so it has to be separated somehow. Thanks for a hint.
You could do it by adding 2 x 'Set/Modify Signal' rules (armed either pre KO or at HT before the back bet is placed depending when you wanted to check those prices for the home team)

On the first set a signal on the market named (scenario_1 or whatever you want)
and add a fixed odds cond to test the price is less than

On the second set a signal on the market named (scenario_2 or whatever you want)
and add two fixed odds cond to test the price is within your range

Then on the back bet rule add a 'Signal Set Condition' to test the signal named 'scenario_1 is set with a value
Then click the icon with two green arrows to duplicate the rule and change the signal name

Only one of the signal rules will trigger and it's corresponding back bet rule will

You should then be able to leave all the other rules as they are

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Football”