Lay the Draw & Green Up after a Goal by Checking 0-0 CS

Dallas

When using the lay the draw strategy you should be targeting matches with two equally matched teams (and where goals are expected of course) so that the draw odds increase in a similar way no matter which team scores first.

The more unbalanced a match is at KO the more this will effect the draw odds following a goal, until you get to matches with a strong fav and these are best left alone by this strategy, unless its quite late in a match a goal from the under dog will always cause the draw odds shorten further and put you in a even greater.

Its something which has cropped up a few times in some of the other lay the draw threads on here over the years including this one from just a few days ago
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=11309&start=162
dldtaylor

Hi Dallas. Firstly, I would just like to say thanks for the effort you put into providing people like myself with automation files. It certainly doesn't go unnoticed.

I'm working on this bot, however for some reason it is not greening up after a goal. It has just been trading a match where the under dog scored, so it should have redded up with a small loss. Could it be related to the ' 'odds' for the event >40' condition in the Green Goal rule? If so, I would be grateful if you could explain this condition. Would it make a difference if the odds-on favourite had scored instead of the under dog? TIA
FrankArch

great bit of kit but when I've been using it recently there seems to always still be odds below 40 available to back for 0-0 even when the score is 1-0 and has been for 10 mins. The lay box is empty. is there any other way of knowing when a goal has been scored within automation.
Dallas

FrankArch wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:02 pm
great bit of kit but when I've been using it recently there seems to always still be odds below 40 available to back for 0-0 even when the score is 1-0 and has been for 10 mins. The lay box is empty. is there any other way of knowing when a goal has been scored within automation.
You can check if the O/U0.5 market is closed
ie, trigger a stored value rule on this market using a 'Market Status' condition to test it is closed

Then on the green up rule use a 'Stored Value Set' condition to test if the SV from above is set
FrankArch

great thanks
FrankArch

Hi Dallas,

I'd be grateful if you have time, if you wouldn't mind giving me an idiot's line by line guide on how to set up the suggested stored value rule.

Early days of Automation.
Regards
Graham
Dallas

FrankArch wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:49 am
Hi Dallas,

I'd be grateful if you have time, if you wouldn't mind giving me an idiot's line by line guide on how to set up the suggested stored value rule.

Early days of Automation.
Regards
Graham
For the O/U3.5 market rule

General Tab
Set/Modify Stored Value Rule
ensure the 'Allow rule to trigger while market is suspended' option is ticked on the General tab
Applied to ANY Selection

Conditions tab
Market Status Condition
Market is Closed

Stored Value Tab
Store a Value Named (give it any name you want)
For the Event
with an Entered Amount

On your existing Green up rule

Conditions tab
Stored Value Set Condition
Is the Stored Value named (whatever you called it
For the Event
Is Set with a Value
FrankArch

thanks for the reply, very much appreciated
FrankArch

Hi Dallas,

I would be grateful if you could take a look at the attached files, when you get a min. I am trying to create an automation that triggers at a certain time based on whether a goal has been scored. to test my checking for stored value in practice mode it seems to trigger whether a goal or not if the condition is "set with a value" or not trigger (whether a goal scored or not). My strategy is not to place a bet at 30 mins but simply trying to test my understanding of setting a condition to trigger or not trigger a rule based on there being a goal or not.

Many thanks in advance
Regards
Graham
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

FrankArch wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:03 pm
Hi Dallas,

I would be grateful if you could take a look at the attached files, when you get a min. I am trying to create an automation that triggers at a certain time based on whether a goal has been scored. to test my checking for stored value in practice mode it seems to trigger whether a goal or not if the condition is "set with a value" or not trigger (whether a goal scored or not). My strategy is not to place a bet at 30 mins but simply trying to test my understanding of setting a condition to trigger or not trigger a rule based on there being a goal or not.

Many thanks in advance
Regards
Graham
Thoses rules as they are set up should only trigger between 30-35mins into a match if there is no goal, once a goal is scored and the O/U0.5 market is closed the SV is set and that will stop the Testing rule from firing

Which market are you applying the 'Testing' rule to?
FrankArch

Hi Dallas,

Thanks for the reply. I am applying the testing rule to the match odds market at the moment but assume that once I'm happy that it is working correctly, I could then insert the same conditions into an o/u market. As mentioned, I did not get successful results the other day but will try again tonight and send you the logs if I have the same problems.

Thanks again
Graham
Dallas

FrankArch wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:18 pm
Hi Dallas,

Thanks for the reply. I am applying the testing rule to the match odds market at the moment but assume that once I'm happy that it is working correctly, I could then insert the same conditions into an o/u market. As mentioned, I did not get successful results the other day but will try again tonight and send you the logs if I have the same problems.

Thanks again
Graham
If you tick the 'logging' button at the bottom of the SV tab on the check rule and that will write a note to the log when it triggers

and then just ensure both rules are applied to the markets before KO
FrankArch

Hi Dallas,

As mentioned, I did all the Europa league matches last night and the rule fired on every match, although about half of the matches had a goal before 30 mins. I have attached screenshots of Guardian and also the rules. As you suggested it should have worked but I must have something wrong somewhere. I'm grateful for your help.

Regards
Graham
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FrankArch

not sure if these attachments went in the last message
Dallas

Did you enable to logging on the Check rule's SV tab?
So we know if that rule is triggering?

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Football”