Lay Scorer & Green Up after 20mins Guardian Automation Bot

2003bluecat

Hi all,

Really new to this and have been having a play with automation using this (many thanks for sharing).

I’m having an issue with it not always triggering the lay though - eg in the Man City game yesterday and a few of tonight’s 17:55 Europa games.

Could this be due to the lay home/away rules using Betfair row orders 1 and 2?

Any help would be much appreciated - as I say I am a newbie so it may be something I’m doing incorrectly.

Cheers.
Dallas

The home teams is always in Betfair row 1 and away team always in Betfair row 2

The most likely reason is you may not have guardian refreshing markets quickly enough, the following post explains how guardian cycles/refreshes markets and gives some tips on what settings to change
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11491
2003bluecat

Dallas wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:20 pm
The home teams is always in Betfair row 1 and away team always in Betfair row 2

The most likely reason is you may not have guardian refreshing markets quickly enough, the following post explains how guardian cycles/refreshes markets and gives some tips on what settings to change
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11491
Perfect, thanks for your help!
Dipstick

Dallas
I have tried this and the place bet triggers but the green up triggers don't seem to work every time. The only tweak I have made is to add a volume condition. Could it be that the 25 price tick criteria on movement is insufficient? Have others found this issue?

Dipstick
Dallas

Dipstick wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:50 am
Dallas
I have tried this and the place bet triggers but the green up triggers don't seem to work every time. The only tweak I have made is to add a volume condition. Could it be that the 25 price tick criteria on movement is insufficient? Have others found this issue?

Dipstick
It's most likely the same reason as the post above, off the top of my head I think the green up rule has a 1-minute window to trigger in so if you had say 60+ markets and were refreshing at the default 1-sec rate then it would trigger once at most but also could be missed.
Dipstick

Dallas

Thanks for the reply. I have 20ms refresh on (through streaming) but probably 250 markets open.
D
Dallas

Dipstick wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:50 am
Dallas

Thanks for the reply. I have 20ms refresh on (through streaming) but probably 250 markets open.
D
With that rate and number of markets, it shouldn't effect it as it would refresh each every 5 secs at most

Did you add the volume condition to the lay rules or green up, if it was the lay rules then it will not stop the green ups?

The 25 ticks should stop it as it requires 25 for the lay to trigger so following a goal the drift should always be more, you could try 15 ticks for the green up as that shouldn't effect the overall functionality of the rule
JTEDL

Will give this a try today and over the weekend, I sometimes like the 'lay the leader' kind of strategies.

But has also got me thinking about using this for other sports, particularly with a 1 v 1 market, ie Darts with no draw, cricket ODI or T20, snooker, American football, basketball and even tennis I suppose even though there is other good automation for this

Basically lay the player/team to take a lead and green up if odds bounce back up, or take red if odds drop further.

So would appreciate thoughts if easier to modify this file, or would any of the other shared files be better?
jimibt

JTEDL wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:19 am
Will give this a try today and over the weekend, I sometimes like the 'lay the leader' kind of strategies.

But has also got me thinking about using this for other sports, particularly with a 1 v 1 market, ie Darts with no draw, cricket ODI or T20, snooker, American football, basketball and even tennis I suppose even though there is other good automation for this

Basically lay the player/team to take a lead and green up if odds bounce back up, or take red if odds drop further.

So would appreciate thoughts if easier to modify this file, or would any of the other shared files be better?
this is exactly the strategy that i use in the MO football market, tho in particular, i focus on laying the 1st to score IF they were the match underdog... works well, especially if you are targetting games where there is a fairly strong fave and the ou25 overs odds are favouring a few gaols.
JTEDL

Can work well on an odds on away team scoring first too, low liability lay, won't lose too much but big profit if home team equalise, picking the right matches of course.

Good example was couple of weeks ago, Wolves V Chelsea, at KO Chelsea were around 1.89, when they went 0-1 up odds were down to 1.25 when I layed them, Wolves equalised and odds back out to 1.9 ish, took green then but they ended up winning. If Chelsea made it 0-2. would have gone to around 1.08 I reckon so risk was around a 17 tick loss.

Like I suggested, can work on other sports, just trying to work out best way to automate it.
jimibt

JTEDL - will consider that option too. and 110% agree on match selection. you could have a set of rules that covered MO/CS and OUxx that with the right games would have a profit over at least one of those markets. conversely, with the worng match(es), you could lose on every single one of the above..

70% science 30% art!! ;)
Dallas

Dallas wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:56 am
Dipstick wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:50 am
Dallas

D
With that rate and number of markets, it shouldn't effect it as it would refresh each every 5 secs at most

Did you add the volume condition to the lay rules or green up, if it was the lay rules then it will not stop the green ups?

The 25 ticks should stop it as it requires 25 for the lay to trigger so following a goal the drift should always be more, you could try 15 ticks for the green up as that shouldn't effect the overall functionality of the rule
So as to keep this thread on topic I've moved your query across to a new thread as it's looking like an issue with retrieving matched bets from Betfair rather than being related to this rules file in some way
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=17954&p=175933#p175933
badboy13

Dallas wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:54 am
kqv91y wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:15 am
Looks good would it work best if underdog scored first goal.
Guess would have to use a signal before kickoff to identify underdog.
Yes a signal at KO would probably be the best way to identify the underdog and usually, the odds decay will be less during the 20mins if the underdog scores first
Looking at doing this, so I create a new signal at start of inplay to set a signal if one selection is greater odds then other to set signal as underdog. Won't this cause a problem with the green ups though as they set to trigger 20 minutes after first rule?
Dallas

badboy13 wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:45 pm
Dallas wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:54 am
kqv91y wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:15 am
Looks good would it work best if underdog scored first goal.
Guess would have to use a signal before kickoff to identify underdog.
Yes a signal at KO would probably be the best way to identify the underdog and usually, the odds decay will be less during the 20mins if the underdog scores first
Looking at doing this, so I create a new signal at start of inplay to set a signal if one selection is greater odds then other to set signal as underdog. Won't this cause a problem with the green ups though as they set to trigger 20 minutes after first rule?
Yes and on the signal rule you can use the relative odds condition to test the price between selections in row 1 and 2 are greater than 'X' ticks or '%'
It won't cause any issues with the green up rule, it will only place a bet if there is a position to close
badboy13

The 20 minute green up is set to trigger 20 minutes after first rule triggers so if set a new signal rule at kickoff won’t this be effected?

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Football”