Lay Scorer & Green Up after 20mins Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

This is a basic Guardian automation file for use on Soccer match odds markets.

The purpose of this bot is to execute a simple but effective low-risk high reward strategy of laying the first team to score in the match odds market with the aim of greening up after another goal or 20mins.

The Strategy

Once a team has scored there will follow a period of time where its odds will barely shorten any further, this does depend on the time of the goal, the earlier the goal the less the odds will shorten during in the next 20mins or so, typically this will be around 3-10 ticks for goals scored within the first hour of the match, compare that to if the opposing team equalizes the odds will drift way back out sometimes as much as 100 ticks!

What if the same team scores the second goal?, this will of course happen from time to time but by careful match selection so your laying at odds on no matter who scores first any downside is still very little and of course add in that during the 20mins following a goal the trailing team will usually be pushing more for an equalizer than the leading team is for a 2nd goal all makes for a simple but effective strategy.

To give you a visual idea here is a chart taken 20 mins after a goal, you can see its barely shortened since the initial drop in odds (in fact it moved from 1.50 to 1.43 ), so you would have lost very very little, however had an equalizing goal came it would have drifted to around its pre-goal price of 2.75 - a massive jump.

Green after 20mins 2.JPG

You could also use the Soccer Mystic tool within Bet Angel and have a play around with some goal times yourself to see how the prices will be affected as time decays following a goal, the following link will explain further how Soccer Mystic can be used, its well worth a look if you’ve never seen it before.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12116

How it Works

Due to the increased rate of the price shortening following a goal late in the game the lay bet is only armed to trigger within the first 60mins of play
If a team scores the first goal during the first 60mins of play 90 seconds after the market unsuspends (giving it chance to reform) a £10 lay bet is placed 1 tick above the best reverse price, it uses the ‘stop on opening bet’ so that if the price does drift out more than 3 ticks before its matched the software will replace the bet at 5 ticks above its original price which should see it matched immediately.

Once the lay is matched there are then 3 separate green up rules, within the file, one to green up if there is an equalling goal, the other if the same team scores a second goal, these are both set to arm 1:35secs after the lay bet has triggered until 19:00mins after the lay triggered.

The 3rd green up rule is armed to trigger 20 mins after the lay bet is placed if no further goals have occurred, this also serves as a backup and safety net in case either of the others greening rules were not fully matched following a goal.

To use this file just click the link below Lay Scorer & Greenup after 20mins.baf and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop-down box just above, you can now apply them to any markets you have added into guardian.

Once you have it imported into your Guardian the stake size along with any other aspects of this file can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JTEDL

Awesome, will have a look later, will be trading football again a bit more now racing/tennis quieter.
kqv91y

Looks good would it work best if underdog scored first goal.
Guess would have to use a signal before kickoff to identify underdog.
Dallas

kqv91y wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:15 am
Looks good would it work best if underdog scored first goal.
Guess would have to use a signal before kickoff to identify underdog.
Yes a signal at KO would probably be the best way to identify the underdog and usually, the odds decay will be less during the 20mins if the underdog scores first
Trade 500

Im new to automation so not sure how to set this up.
Which of the football matches options do I add to Guardian, and then once added I can Apply Rules To Selected Markets and have it work for the game I have selected.
Dallas

Carlos500 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:07 pm
Which of the football matches options do I add to Guardian, and then once added I can Apply Rules To Selected Markets and have it work for the game I have selected.
This automation file is made for the Match Odds market.
So you would add all match odds markets your interested in or want to run the file on and apply (before the game starts) then leave the rules do there job

Just ensure you maintain an active connection and your refreshing your markets fast enough in Guardian, the following thread will explain this and give some tips
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11491
Trade 500

Dallas wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:16 pm
Carlos500 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:07 pm
This automation file is made for the Match Odds market.
So you would add all match odds markets your interested in or want to run the file on and apply (before the game starts) then leave the rules do there job

Just ensure you maintain an active connection and your refreshing your markets fast enough in Guardian, the following thread will explain this and give some tips

Many thanks Dallas, again
Newbrawn

Wow....just tried this with small stakes on the N/castle /Wolves game and it works a treat..green all round! Thank you Dallas love this one :)
LeeCaL

Great work yet again Dallas! ;)
dymond

Great stuff best footy one yet giving it a go this weekend
2003bluecat

Hi all,

Really new to this and have been having a play with automation using this (many thanks for sharing).

I’m having an issue with it not always triggering the lay though - eg in the Man City game yesterday and a few of tonight’s 17:55 Europa games.

Could this be due to the lay home/away rules using Betfair row orders 1 and 2?

Any help would be much appreciated - as I say I am a newbie so it may be something I’m doing incorrectly.

Cheers.
Dallas

The home teams is always in Betfair row 1 and away team always in Betfair row 2

The most likely reason is you may not have guardian refreshing markets quickly enough, the following post explains how guardian cycles/refreshes markets and gives some tips on what settings to change
2003bluecat

Dallas wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:20 pm
The home teams is always in Betfair row 1 and away team always in Betfair row 2

The most likely reason is you may not have guardian refreshing markets quickly enough, the following post explains how guardian cycles/refreshes markets and gives some tips on what settings to change
Perfect, thanks for your help!
Dipstick

Dallas
I have tried this and the place bet triggers but the green up triggers don't seem to work every time. The only tweak I have made is to add a volume condition. Could it be that the 25 price tick criteria on movement is insufficient? Have others found this issue?

Dipstick
Dallas

Dipstick wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:50 am
Dallas
I have tried this and the place bet triggers but the green up triggers don't seem to work every time. The only tweak I have made is to add a volume condition. Could it be that the 25 price tick criteria on movement is insufficient? Have others found this issue?

Dipstick
It's most likely the same reason as the post above, off the top of my head I think the green up rule has a 1-minute window to trigger in so if you had say 60+ markets and were refreshing at the default 1-sec rate then it would trigger once at most but also could be missed.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Football”