Back U2.5 Goals. x2 Strategies

LeeCaL

I have created 2 bots for the U2.5 strategy.

The bot named "Back U2.5 - Green 10mins" will place a £10 back bet on U2.5 just before KO and will look to green up on the 10min mark.
If a goal is scored before 10mins, it will red up your position for a loss.

Be mindful that this bot will fire before KO, make sure your selections are "going in-play" or you will not be able to close your position.

The bot named "Back U2.5 After Goal Exit 10%" will wait until a goal is scored (up to 15mins), once a goal has been detected, it will place a £10 back bet on U2.5 and place an offset with greening at 10%.
If a goal is scored before the offset is taken then it will red up your position.

For this bot I would use markets with reasonable volume as the goal detection uses historical relative odds condition to gauge if the current price on U2.5 is greater now than it was 240secs ago plus 45 ticks. On thin markets you run the possibility of having a false goal triggered.

Please see the YouTube video for some examples:
https://youtu.be/p2oYprLWWPM

Please test fully in practice mode before going live.

Thanks,
Lee
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Drchriscringle

What has your results from this been like?
LeeCaL

Drchriscringle wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:07 pm
What has your results from this been like?
Hi,
Sorry It's not my strategy so I don't know what the results are like.

Thanks,
Lee
Neno0102

It has all to do with match selection as any strategy . Yo can not attach any bot to all matches and expect to be profitable.
LeeCaL

Neno0102 wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:51 pm
It has all to do with match selection as any strategy . Yo can not attach any bot to all matches and expect to be profitable.
Correct sir! ;)
Senthilarasu

Hi Lee

Thanks for this bot.

I tested this automation today and notice the green up didn't happen at 10 minutes. It happened around 17 minutes, I think this is due to the "Green All profit" condition >1

I also notice below conditions and would like to get clarity on those

1. In "Back U2.5 - Green 10mins.baf"

In Green up rule - under conditions- Signal goal for the market is not set with a value

But signal "goal" not defined, so I think this condition is not required.

2. In "Back U2.5 - Green 10mins.baf"
In "Exit for red" rule - Under conditions- "Back price > Backprice 240 seconds ago +45 ticks"
May I know what is the purpose of this conditions ?

Thanks again
breakevenpt

Hi there everybody, just a quick question and I am sorry if it sounds stupid and I am certainly not trying to offend but: -

I thought the whole point of automation is to take the "chance" / "emotion" / "luck" out of trading. I have watched many hours of videos trying to find the courage to start trading. I come from matched betting so "chance" / "emotion" / "luck" are never allowed to be used.

Automation will use logic i.e. IF this then do THIS.

Is that not what we want with regard to trading instead of using tipsters or our own ideas regarding match selection. Surely even if a team has a high scoring background they can still have a bad day and score zero.

I'm just trying to find a starting point for me. I've used up my trial and don't know where to go from now.

Thanks

Breakevenpt
Dallas

breakevenpt wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:13 pm
Hi there everybody, just a quick question and I am sorry if it sounds stupid and I am certainly not trying to offend but: -

I thought the whole point of automation is to take the "chance" / "emotion" / "luck" out of trading. I have watched many hours of videos trying to find the courage to start trading. I come from matched betting so "chance" / "emotion" / "luck" are never allowed to be used.

Is that not what we want with regard to trading instead of using tipsters or our own ideas regarding match selection. Surely even if a team has a high scoring background they can still have a bad day and score zero.

I'm just trying to find a starting point for me. I've used up my trial and don't know where to go from now.

Thanks

Breakevenpt

Thats the theory yes, but that doesn't factor the human psychology part (plenty of topics on here about it and Peter has blogged and done loads of videos on it) and of course the stratergy your automating needs to be profitable in the first place.

In short some people just can't can't control there manual trading, be it bordom, twitchy fingers or can't stare at a red screen any longer so end up interferring and cutting out a trade. Automation takes that emotion etc out of it.

Its not a guaranteed way to win by a long shot but if you have a startegy thats profitable then automating it can free up your time to do something else or allow you to churn through more markets than if manually trading it.

Or if you can't help but interfere with a known good and profitable stratergy ie, your watching a match or a race and think you could do better if you just do X or Y at this moment but it just ends up costing you compared to just letting the stratergy run its cause and follow the rules and criteria you gave it.
Diacritical Quark

breakevenpt wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:13 pm

Thanks

Breakevenpt
Yep without just repeating what Dallas has said the idea of automation is to take the emotions out of the act of trading itself not necessarily to just apply a bot to every single football match, tennis match, horse race and expect to make money. I too come from a matched betting background, until very recently also. Albeit I do have experience spreadbetting but just trading on Betfair I could never master.

I attempted to trade on Betfair about 5 years ago for a good year or so before having to give up and moving to matched betting and arbing. I just couldn't control my emotions, as Dallas said sitting there with a red screen would lead me to chasing losses, making crazy decisions, building up even bigger losses and eventually blowing an account.

About 3 weeks ago I decided to come back as pretty much every account I have is gubbed now but quickly ran into the same issues, lots of little wins scalping on Betfair before losing all of the days profit on one random horse/football match that moves against you too quick, 'oh this one will come back and I'll take breakeven' uh huh.

Anyway I digress, I quickly realised if this is to work I HAVE to automate, no ifs no buts, since then I've created my first profitable bot (ok so only 3 weeks of testing on £5 stakes) but it's well in profit now. You just need to find something that works for you, you can't just write a bot, set it on every market and walk away a millionaire. Most of the pros will have a number of bots and manual techniques for trading a number of different market conditions. The bot I have will only trade handicap races, over a certain amount of runners meeting certain odds conditions. I go through the races in the morning and decide which ones I think my bot will work on, set it and leave it, no emotions, no chasing losses no banging my head on the desk after blowing another £200 chasing a £5 win.
breakevenpt

Many thanks for your replies "Dallas" and "Diacritical Quark" it's great advise and the "emotion" part of our trading for me is the biggest thing to get over, Diacritical Quark you mention the chasing of that one trade that has gone the wrong way and blown the couple of pounds you have made.

I am not going to generalise because this is "LeeCal's" post but many thanks all the same.
nickallan

i cant get the bet to settle after 10 mins can anyone advise? the redding up works
tonylad

I think its because the green all condition is set @ >£1
cyclops1000

Is there anyway to run both these bots on 1 selection on 1 machine ?
Newbrawn

Yes the green over a profit of £1 will not let it trigger until then which could take much longer if using small stakes. If you set that figure to 25% of your stake it will trigger around 10 - 12 mins I've noticed. Hope that helps..
Barry74

Thanks for the bot. I'm still pretty new to automation and setting up one. Is there a way of drip feeding your liability say over the first 20 mins of a match

(i.e Back under 2.5 goals before KO for 4.0 for £100.00, after 5 mins, lay £25, after 10mins lay another £25, after 15 mins lay £25 and then finally after 20 mins lay the final £25.00. So you're reducing your liability and also slowly getting better odds.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Football”