Football Scores, In-Play Stats & Momentum via script, using an API. Version 2

Euler

Just checking I haven't missed the new thread?
sniffer66

Euler wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:01 am
Just checking I haven't missed the new thread?
Not yet, thanks Peter. Had a hectic few days but will get on it when I get a sec 👍
Euler

No worries. Appreciate your efforts here.
DrJAT

sniffer66 wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:58 am
100% spot on in the Toronto\City games. Two words out of the market name need to match between BF and SS, ignoring very common words (City\United) and any words of less than 3 letters. In this case, the only matching word is Toronto.
Not ideal, I know but the safest option, less than 2 matches and you get loads of false positives. Better to have no score at all than an incorrect one using automation

Difficult to say on the other 2 matches. Can you post both full market names up from BF and SS and I'll check. Seems unlikely but it could be the fuzzy match index returned i.e the no of characters different between the strings. The other option is foreign characters, but there's a fucntion to strip those out so again unlikely
Thanks for getting back to me, good to know that I'm following and understanding the code somewhat successfully.

For Brest vs Angers, Brest are "Stade Brestois 29" on SofaScore, so it probably only matched Angers. For Cadiz vs Villarreal, Cadiz are "Cádiz" so it probably was a special character issue. I also had a Belgian game yesterday where despite both teams having about half a dozen words in their names, none of them matched Betfair (Sint-Truidense VV vs K. Beerschot V.A. on SofaScore, but I don't have the BF names to hand). I'm wondering if it would be possible to maintain a lookup list that the script could try first before moving onto the pattern matching? I'd be happy to contribute to assembling and maintaining that if it's possible / useful? The reason I suggest it is that I think you'll get a lot of cases that can't be picked up, especially in the Premier League. For example, Man City and Man Utd would both be missed by the algorithm because they are "Manchester" on Betfair, and almost every other team in the league only has one word in their name. So unless they were specifically playing Aston Villa or Crystal Palace you would never get the pattern match to work (there's also West Ham, but I think "Ham" would be ignored, is that right?).

I'm also wondering what happens if some of the strings are the same? I trade the Japanese J league and there are a couple of "Tokyo" teams. So what would happen if they were playing each other? Would each "Tokyo" register separately, or would it only recognise one string as matching?

It would be good to find a way to solve this. I fully agree that it's better to have no score than the wrong score when using automation, but sometime you need to put bets on pre-kickoff and it would be frustrating to do that and then find that you don't have stats for the game.

Finally, a question about the .baf. How many times / how often does the "Export Data from CSV" rule need to run? I believe in your original file you had it set to rearm every 5 mins (300 seconds).

EDIT: Just thinking about the pattern matching a bit more. Could it be set to allow one "generic" word to register as a match, but not more than one?

Thanks!
JT
sniffer66

Euler wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:49 pm
No worries. Appreciate your efforts here.
Hi Peter, new, clean, thread created - so this one can be deleted now

Thanks
Stu

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Football”