Football Scores, In-Play Stats & Momentum via script, using an API. Version 2

sniffer66

Frogmella wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:13 pm
I the file we want called "SS_Fuzzy v.10.au3"?
yes, use the one thats in there as of now
humanoid769

Gotcha .. Thanks Again working well now thank you
sniffer66

humanoid769 wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:45 pm
Gotcha .. Thanks Again working well now thank you
Good stuff

Frustrating, but an easy fix in the end
Archery1969

Working. :D
sniffer66

Archery1969 wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:58 pm
Lovely :D

Weird how posting it to code tags mucked it up somehow
Archery1969

sniffer66 wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:00 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:58 pm
Lovely :D

Weird how posting it to code tags mucked it up somehow
Great stuff, thanks for the persistence. :D
Frogmella

Perhaps a new thread with corrected links and instructions might be in order?
sniffer66

Frogmella wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:22 pm
Perhaps a new thread with corrected links and instructions might be in order?
I've asked for a mod to edit the OP but not sure any have seen it. I cant edit it any more
Frogmella

Precisely why I thought a new thread would be a good idea.

You know exactly what needs to be changed. A mod would have to go through these posts and work out what to change and they could well end up making a mistake and we're back where we started.

Incidentally, I tried running it on last night's match odds markets with the download from the Google site(SS_Fuzzy_v1.0) and the SS LTD 2nd Half V1.1.baf. It didn't work. it just kept asking for the SofaScore.csv. I assume I've messed it up somehow which is another reason why I thought a clean thread would help.
sniffer66

Frogmella wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:43 pm
Precisely why I thought a new thread would be a good idea.

You know exactly what needs to be changed. A mod would have to go through these posts and work out what to change and they could well end up making a mistake and we're back where we started.

Incidentally, I tried running it on last night's match odds markets with the download from the Google site(SS_Fuzzy_v1.0) and the SS LTD 2nd Half V1.1.baf. It didn't work. it just kept asking for the SofaScore.csv. I assume I've messed it up somehow which is another reason why I thought a clean thread would help.
Yeah, I'll chase a mod.

I assume all the testing changed something on yours as Archery and Humanoid both worked after the fix.
Euler

I'm just picking up on this.

What do we need to change?
sniffer66

Euler wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:06 pm
I'm just picking up on this.

What do we need to change?
Thanks Peter. I've taken a copy of my OP so rather than confuse everyone I tihnk it's best to delete this one and I'll create a new. This is just full of how we achieved the fix - which was a corruption\issue with the code I pasted into the tags.
Euler

OK, post up a new thread and I'll move this.
DrJAT

sniffer66 wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:08 pm

It's written to pattern match on the Match Odds markets but the SV's created are for the Event. So, you can load the MO markets and apply the baf, plus any others you want to trade in and use the SV's in other markets for that event
Its a bit of a headache to pattern match for all possible market names I'm afraid, so I went for MO as the most likely
Hi Sniffer, great work on this! I've found a minor issue with the pattern matching. I had a couple of games it was struggling to pick up: Toronto FC vs DC United last night, Angers vs Brest, Southampton vs Man City and Cadiz vs Villareal currently. If I'm understanding the script correctly I think it won't match the Toronto game because "FC" and "DC" are too short and "United" is ignored, and it needs multiple strings to match successfully is that correct? Similarly for the Southampton game, "Man" is too short and "City" is ignored so it can only match one string. I'm not sure why Angers/Brest and Cadiz/Villareal won't pick up though, any ideas or could that just be API? I've also sent you a PM with some other queries. Wasn't sure where to post as I thought this thread was being moved.

I've also had "Unable to process file. Error on row 2. Unable to parse Stored Value. Column 7" a couple of times as well. I have changed the baf file, but only to remove the LTD trade and to mess with the appearance of the display alerts so I'm not sure it would affect the interaction with the background script. Any ideas why I'd get that?
sniffer66

DrJAT wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:23 pm
sniffer66 wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:08 pm

It's written to pattern match on the Match Odds markets but the SV's created are for the Event. So, you can load the MO markets and apply the baf, plus any others you want to trade in and use the SV's in other markets for that event
Its a bit of a headache to pattern match for all possible market names I'm afraid, so I went for MO as the most likely
Hi Sniffer, great work on this! I've found a minor issue with the pattern matching. I had a couple of games it was struggling to pick up: Toronto FC vs DC United last night, Angers vs Brest, Southampton vs Man City and Cadiz vs Villareal currently. If I'm understanding the script correctly I think it won't match the Toronto game because "FC" and "DC" are too short and "United" is ignored, and it needs multiple strings to match successfully is that correct? Similarly for the Southampton game, "Man" is too short and "City" is ignored so it can only match one string. I'm not sure why Angers/Brest and Cadiz/Villareal won't pick up though, any ideas or could that just be API? I've also sent you a PM with some other queries. Wasn't sure where to post as I thought this thread was being moved.

I've also had "Unable to process file. Error on row 2. Unable to parse Stored Value. Column 7" a couple of times as well. I have changed the baf file, but only to remove the LTD trade and to mess with the appearance of the display alerts so I'm not sure it would affect the interaction with the background script. Any ideas why I'd get that?
100% spot on in the Toronto\City games. Two words out of the market name need to match between BF and SS, ignoring very common words (City\United) and any words of less than 3 letters. In this case, the only matching word is Toronto.
Not ideal, I know but the safest option, less than 2 matches and you get loads of false positives. Better to have no score at all than an incorrect one using automation

Difficult to say on the other 2 matches. Can you post both full market names up from BF and SS and I'll check. Seems unlikely but it could be the fuzzy match index returned i.e the no of characters different between the strings. The other option is foreign characters, but there's a fucntion to strip those out so again unlikely

I've had that intermittent error for row 7 as well. Row 7 is the home score column, so it would seem the result isnt coming back from the api for that match. Hard to pin down as its intermittent and I need to see the csv file from the exact time it happens...

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Football”