Lay Nominated Player if Break Early Guardian Automation Bot

JuiceyJones

Thank you. Dallas.
JuiceyJones

Another question. My apologies if this seems mundane to more experienced users. I'm new to automation and have been struggling so far.

If i wanted to use this automation for the first set only would i just change the condition in the original signal settings (tennis fixed score condition) and add 0 sets to the selections set score or should i just remove the last "reset matched bets and signal each new set" rule.

Also, I have watched as many of the automation tutorials as I can. Are there any for tennis out there? I seem to learn a lot better with visual examples. Not sure why. A lot of trial and error going on over here. Mainly errors.
PeeBee74

Hi
I have the same question as Juicey Jones but I can't see they got an answer. Its about modifying this to apply only to Set 1
Many thanks
PeeBee74

In fact it just occurred to me that I may want to apply this only to sets 1 and 3, when the prices will be more even. I just want to avoid laying at much above 2ish , which could well happen on the loser of S1. Thanks again
Dallas

PeeBee74 wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:27 am
In fact it just occurred to me that I may want to apply this only to sets 1 and 3, when the prices will be more even. I just want to avoid laying at much above 2ish , which could well happen on the loser of S1. Thanks again
You can add a 'Fixed odds condition' if you want to test a price is less, greater or equal to before triggering a bet
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/fixed_odds.html

But if you don want to restrict it to just certain sets that can be done, I just need to know exactly which one, or if its ones when a player is leading/trailing by 'X' sets and/or games etc to advise the best way
PeeBee74

Thanks. Fixed odds rule sounds good.
I'm a little confused as to whether to select Current or Nominated for the fixed odds rule to apply to. Current appears to be row 1 betfair order, but doesn't that always mean the favourite? My intended player to lay may not always be the favourite. Does my question make sense? Am I imagining a problem that isn't really there?
Dallas

PeeBee74 wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:26 pm
Thanks. Fixed odds rule sounds good.
I'm a little confused as to whether to select Current or Nominated for the fixed odds rule to apply to. Current appears to be row 1 betfair order, but doesn't that always mean the favourite? My intended player to lay may not always be the favourite. Does my question make sense? Am I imagining a problem that isn't really there?
Current should have (Guardian nominated selection 1) after it as the lay bet rule is already applied to 'Guardian nominated selection 1'
PeeBee74

Cheers Dallas. I will use fixed odds anyway but if I only wanted to use this in sets 1 or 2 but not 3 (because of possible wild swings) how would I set that?
Also, last time it only got half the stake into the market (only £10, haven't changed anything) in a pretty liquid match. Any ideas why this happened and how it can be fixed?
Really appreciate your replies on this.
Dallas

PeeBee74 wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:26 pm
Cheers Dallas. I will use fixed odds anyway but if I only wanted to use this in sets 1 or 2 but not 3 (because of possible wild swings) how would I set that?
Also, last time it only got half the stake into the market (only £10, haven't changed anything) in a pretty liquid match. Any ideas why this happened and how it can be fixed?
Really appreciate your replies on this.
There are several ways to do it, the best way for me would be to edit the current lay bet rules 'Fixed tennis score condition'
and change the sets from ANY to 0-0

Then duplicate that whole rule by clicking the icon with two green arrows then go into that condition and change the set score to 1-0
Then duplicate is again and change it to 0-1

A lay bet will be able to now trigger in the first set, or the second only

Regarding the unmatched bet you'd be very unlucky to not have the whole £10 matched but if its happening to offten you could change the 'Place at' option on the parameters tab and place the bet at 3rd best market price, that will give a greater chance of it all being matched but some of it may be a higher prices and the liability will be calculated on the price it was placed at.
PeeBee74

Once again thank you
PeeBee74

Hi again Dallas
I added a fixed odds condition (lay if price is below 1.9) but it didn't fire today in the cuevas v ymer match. Cuevas broke ymer in game 2 of set 2 but nothing happened. Cuevas was around 1.75 at hat point. Any ideas please?
Dallas

PeeBee74 wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:57 pm
Hi again Dallas
I added a fixed odds condition (lay if price is below 1.9) but it didn't fire today in the cuevas v ymer match. Cuevas broke ymer in game 2 of set 2 but nothing happened. Cuevas was around 1.75 at hat point. Any ideas please?
Can you send some screenshots of the lay bet rule for that player and i'll double check you have them right, or just post the rules file and i'll check that for you
PeeBee74

Thanks, have posted the rules file with my minimum odds amendment.
I also wondered about the rule that stops any action if it happens later in the set (before either player has won 3 games in the set I think according to your description). I set this up also to lay Govortsova today, but she didn't break her opponent until game 7, so wondered why that bet wasn't prevented? Lucky as it was a winning one, but still confused. Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

PeeBee74 wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:23 pm
Thanks, have posted the rules file with my minimum odds amendment.
I also wondered about the rule that stops any action if it happens later in the set (before either player has won 3 games in the set I think according to your description). I set this up also to lay Govortsova today, but she didn't break her opponent until game 7, so wondered why that bet wasn't prevented? Lucky as it was a winning one, but still confused. Cheers
It looks like you've only added the Fixed odds condition so and not created the extra rules detailed in my previous post.

That said it should still have triggered as thats looks the only change from the original file.
Did you check if the scores where coming through from Betfair (ie, have the matches in the Watchlist) and notice if the markets in Guardian where being refreshed.
PeeBee74

Yes, I thoughtthe fixed odds rule was sufficient to deal with my concern about laying a set 1 loser at too big odds in set2.
I think betfair was a bit funny today so maybe that contributed to things, I'll, especially an eye.
Other than that, is the "early in the set" rule OK do you think, that it only triggers before either player gets to 3 games in the set (so no later than game 5)?
Thanks again

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Tennis”