Lay the Fav if Serving Second in a Set Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

This is a basic Guardian automation rule mainly for use on Tennis markets, as the title suggests the purpose of this bot is to lay the favourite at the start of the set if they are serving second, it won’t place the bet straight away, instead it will wait 30secs for the prices to settle down before placing a £10 liability bet on the fav at the best market price.

Once the favourite is layed it will then green up if there is a break of serve (by either player), or if there are no breaks it will green up once a player reaches 5 games.

The strategy is by laying the fav when serving second you’ll always be in a ‘green’ position unless the under dog is broken, even at 4-4 with no breaks the fav’s price will usually still of drifted several ticks. So although I’ve added two scenarios on which to green up you can of course edit this part and add your own exit strategy.

There is also a 'reverse' version of this bot which works the same way as detailed here but backs the fav if serving first in a new set, this can be downloaded from the following thread
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=22123

How it Works
There are 7 rules to this file so it may appear complicated, but if you take each rule individually they are quite straight forward and use a few conditions to trigger under certain scenario’s. A few are also linked together using signals which I’ll explain as we go.

The first rule triggers at the start of each new set and simply resets the number of matched bets back to zero (this is needed because there are conditions in other rules that test the number of matched bets there are), so using this rule/condition it allows the whole process to begin again each new set.

The second rule is a ‘Set/Modify signal rule’ which uses a ‘Tennis Fixed Score condition’ to test the game and points score is 0-0 (ie, it’s the start of a new set). When it triggers it sets a signal on the market which I’ve named ‘delay’

The third rule will lay the fav with a £10 liability, it has three conditions, a Tennis Fixed score condition similar to above (this is mainly for safety and as a back up), it also has a ‘Tennis Serving’ condition to test the fav is not serving and finally a ‘Signal Changed’ condition, to look for the signal named ‘delay’ (from the previous rule) being set - this is set to 30secs

In other words this lay bet rule can only trigger 30secs after the previous rule has and if the fav is not serving.

The fourth rule is a ‘Clear all Signals’ rule, this uses a ‘Tennis Fixed Score’ condition to test its 0-0 in games and one player has 15pts. Ie, as a player wins the first point of this set. By clearing all signals that have been set the rules will be ready and able to trigger again in the next set.

The fifth rule is ‘Green Up’ rule to green up after a break of serve, this has 4 conditions, a Tennis fixed Score’ condition to test its 0-0 in points (ie, the start of a new game), there is also a ‘Tennis Serving Condition’ and ‘Tennis Relative Score’ condition which combined will test the player now serving is 1 or more games ahead of their opponent, meaning a break of serve must of happened.
The next condition is a ‘Number of matched bets’ condition, to test there is greater than ‘0’ bet matched (this is just to stop the rule triggering if the fav was serving first and there was no lay bet placed at the start of the set).

The final condition is a ‘Signal Set Condition’ this is looking for a signal named ‘stopbreakgreen’ NOT being set on the market (which I’ll explain in the final rule)

The sixth rule is another ‘Green up’ rule, this also uses a ‘Fixed Tennis Score’ condition and tests if any player has won 5 games. There is also a ‘Number of Matched bets’ condition for exactly the same reasons as the previous rule.

This is why the first rule exists, to reset the number of matched bets so the whole process can begin again at the start of each new set.

The seventh and final rule is another ‘Set/Modify Signal’ rules, there purpose of this rule is to set a signal on the market when either player reaches 4 games, to do this it too uses a ‘Tennis Fixed Score’ condition to test any player has won 4 games.

When it triggers it sets a signal on the market named ‘stopbreakgreen’, (remember the 5th rule above that greens up after a break of serve checks if this signal is NOT set).

This is to prevent the possibility of both green up rules above triggering at the same time - this could happen if there is a break of serve as the player wins his/her 5th game.

So for the first 4 games the ‘Green up after Break’ (5th rule) will trigger if there is a break of serve, then once the signal rule is triggered and sets a signal at the start of the 4th game that rule can no longer trigger and from now on only the ‘Green up at 5 Games rule’ (6th rule) will trigger even if a player breaks as he/she reaches 5 games.

Downloading and Importing the Files
To use the file just click on the following Lay the Server if Serving Second in a Set.baf' and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop-down box just above, you can now apply them to any markets you have added into guardian.

Once you have it imported into your Guardian the stake size along with any other aspects of this file can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cyclops1000

is it possible in any way to include the 2 bots relating to the favorite that have been posted today ?
Dallas

cyclops1000 wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:44 am
is it possible in any way to include the 2 bots relating to the favorite that have been posted today ?
If you mean merge them so it backs the fav if serving first and lays the fav if serving second then yes, the way the file is set up means you can just copy the back the fav rule from the other file into this one or vice versa

If your not aware of it there is a button that will allow you to copy rules from one file to another in a few clicks so you don't need to sit and type it out
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=13568
cyclops1000

Excellent
cyclops1000

So easy
Thank you
BookieHater

Hello there.

I tried to use this baf file but Bet Angel said that it could not use it because it was created with a different version of Bet Angel.

Is there something I can change to make it work?
BookieHater

Sorry, I just realised that I had an older version of Bet Angel.

I downloaded the latest version and loaded it into Guardian with no problem.
shakey1964

Hi Dallas

I am currently exploring the feasibility of the Lay the Court system where you lay both players at odds of 1.8 for instance.
This system, with the right research, looks ok but i would like to use it on 1st set winner. While these markets are not generally funded as much as the match winner market the odds can go up or down quicker than a whores drawers.
To give the system a bit of an edge would it be possible to only lay the players if the favourite is not serving first in the set using this rule
regards
ShaunWhite

shakey1964 wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 11:23 am
To give the system a bit of an edge would it be possible to only lay the players if the favourite is not serving first in the set using this rule
To give it an edge you need value prices rather than a specific scenario. Eg "if the favourite is not serving first in the set" then why would the price on offer be wrong?
shakey1964

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 12:24 pm
shakey1964 wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 11:23 am
To give it an edge you need value prices rather than a specific scenario. Eg "if the favourite is not serving first in the set" then why would the price on offer be wrong?
Perhaps I havn't explained properly

I would only want to lay the court at 1.8 on the 1st set winner market IF the MATCH favourite serves second in the 1st set
ShaunWhite

shakey1964 wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 12:37 pm

I would only want to lay the court at 1.8 on the 1st set winner market IF the MATCH favourite serves second in the 1st set
Hi, I got what you meant, I was just trying to say that an edge would be laying at 1.8 when it ought to be 1.9. In the scenario you describe you might be laying at 1.8 when the true price is 1.7 or any other price. "trading" still requires value and it's extremely difficult to find situations where the situation itself isn't already priced into the market. The first step to doing that is to use the highly efficient markets as a guide to what the price ought to be, and make similar offers. Taking prices inevitably means you're punting on poor prices being offered by the shrewd operators.
shakey1964

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 12:51 pm
shakey1964 wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 12:37 pm

Hi, I got what you meant, I was just trying to say that an edge would be laying at 1.8 when it ought to be 1.9. In the scenario you describe you might be laying at 1.8 when the true price is 1.7 or any other price. "trading" still requires value and it's extremely difficult to find situations where the situation itself isn't already priced into the market. The first step to doing that is to use the highly efficient markets as a guide to what the price ought to be, and make similar offers. Taking prices inevitably means you're punting on poor prices being offered by the shrewd operators.
I understand what you mean Shaun but the lay bets would be both put into the market at odds of 1.8 with a liability of say £5.00 and set to keep. If the odds are lower ie 1.7 as you suggest then one of the lay bets would be matched at that and then wait for the other lay bet to be matched at 1.8 somepoint while the set is in play
shakey1964

This is what is happening now
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kenfrost

Hi Dallas

I have created this file to lay the fav if odds less than 2 before the match, then green up during the match.

Please can you have a look and see if the coding will do that (before I unleash it in practice mode)

kentennis.baf
Dallas

kenfrost wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:10 pm
Hi Dallas

I have created this file to lay the fav if odds less than 2 before the match, then green up during the match.

Please can you have a look and see if the coding will do that (before I unleash it in practice mode)

kentennis.baf
In any 2 selection market the fav will always be priced less than 2.0

So you just need to use a 'Place lay bet' rule applied to the fav
no conditions are required

You'd then need a 'Keep unmatched bets' rule to trigger sometime after the offset bet is place) if you want to keep that when the market goes in-play

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Tennis”