Lay the Field Guardian Automation Bot

gptuk

I find it very frustrating that Whenever i have run this it has never greened a constant losing strat for me.

Does anyone have any specific flat race conditions that this strat can be applied to ?
Dallas

gptuk wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:32 am
I find it very frustrating that Whenever i have run this it has never greened a constant losing strat for me.

Does anyone have any specific flat race conditions that this strat can be applied to ?
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15105
Atho55

Have you tried adjusting the odds at which you want to Lay the Field at before you start looking for specific conditions to avoid?

It is sub 2.0 as a starter for 10. Download some data then you can apply formula to find the answer. NigelK has shared a tool for taking the pain out of downloading.
01wayne

Dallas wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:35 am
gptuk wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:32 am

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15105
If you back bet is larger than £2 which is set here is it more difficult to get you bets matched? If not what can you realistically go up to?
samsnook89

I'm trialing a modified version of this and I have offset bet with greening and stop set in global settings.
The issue I'm having is the offset bets seem to generally trigger twice resulting in a loss where there should be a profit.

For example, one selection had a lay bet of £1 at 8.0 matched and an offset back bet of 0.62 was then placed at 13.0 but for some reason it's placed an additional 0.81 bet at 13.0 and both have actually been taken.

04/09/2020 13:01:18: Stop triggered. Modify bet 210230100190 from 0.62 @ 13 to 1.43 @ 4 Error changing price ( BET_TAKEN_OR_LAPSED ). Additional £ 0.81 bet placed as Ref: 210230103128
04/09/2020 13:01:18: Stop triggered. Modify bet 210230103128 from 0.81 @ 13 to 0.81 @ 4 Error changing price ( BET_TAKEN_OR_LAPSED ).

Any idea's what settings need to be modified in order to stop this happening?
Marcanton

Would you be able to provide a link for a betdaq version of this as that's what I am on?
It won't open on mine.
Or can I set it manually myself for each race for example. Cheers
TallblokeUK

Morning!

Couple of questions regarding this automation :)

1) You mention it's for UK markets, is there any reason it wouldn't work elsewhere?
2) When it first triggers it places Lay bets at your chosen stake, these go in as unmatched bets. If none of them match at all you lose nothing but make nothing, right?
3) If 1 x bet matches you would lose money
4) if 2 or more bets match you win?

I don't think the above can be correct, please let me know what I'm not getting :)
TallblokeUK

So, I've been trying to think of ways to make this automation more fire and forget so that you don't have to worry too much.

Would any of the following be viable?

Only trigger if there are X horses with a lay price within a range just before start time (actually not sure what would be good here, but trying to avoid it triggering is there is an outright favourite)
Only trigger in play if 2 or more horses hit a lay price slightly above 1.75 to try and avoid you only matching 1 horse

Oh..and then, if those are decent ideas how on earth would I do it?
Dallas

TallblokeUK wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:12 pm
So, I've been trying to think of ways to make this automation more fire and forget so that you don't have to worry too much.

Only trigger if there are X horses with a lay price within a range just before start time (actually not sure what would be good here, but trying to avoid it triggering is there is an outright favourite)
Only trigger in play if 2 or more horses hit a lay price slightly above 1.75 to try and avoid you only matching 1 horse

Both are possible, for the first part you'd add a 'Set/Modify Signal rule' and on the signal tab set a signal on the market
Then add your condition/s ie, using fixed odds condition's and/or relative odds conditions to test the prices

Then on the lay the field rule add a 'Signal set condition'
to test the signal named (whatever you called it)
is set on the market

You'd then do the same for the second part

ie' trigger another set/modify signal rule if your in-play prices are met
then add a second signal set condition to the lay the field rule to test that is set
TallblokeUK

Dallas wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:10 pm
TallblokeUK wrote:

Both are possible, for the first part you'd add a 'Set/Modify Signal rule' and on the signal tab set a signal on the market
Then add your condition/s ie, using fixed odds condition's and/or relative odds conditions to test the prices

is set on the market

then add a second signal set condition to the lay the field rule to test that is set
So...trying to get the first part to work....

But not sure if this is right :) (NOTE, Silly numbers in there at the moment)
Dallas

TallblokeUK wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:18 pm
Dallas wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:10 pm
TallblokeUK wrote:

is set on the market

So...trying to get the first part to work....

But not sure if this is right :) (NOTE, Silly numbers in there at the moment)
The foundation of that is right (assuming its armed to trigger sometime before the lay the field rule does)

If you now added a 'Set Signal Condition' to the lay the field rule to test;
The Signal named Pre-Off Odds
On the Market
Is Set with a value

That would mean the lay the field rule could then only trigger if there was more than 4 runners and the runner in row 1's lay price was between 1.75 and 4.5
Archangel

I was wondering how i can get this particular bot to only fire for specific types of race. Not by race distance but more by type ie: Hcap, Listed, Maiden etc ?
iggypop37

Archangel wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 6:24 pm
I was wondering how i can get this particular bot to only fire for specific types of race. Not by race distance but more by type ie: Hcap, Listed, Maiden etc ?
there is a text comparision condition you can use , to trigger a back bet or not ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Archangel

Great thanks

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”