No problem, cheers Dallas
ray1965potter

Thank you.

I did think that was the case.

Regards

Ray
Mickleton

Hi Dallas

Fairly new, been looking through the library of automation. This relates more to Servant perhaps but I'd like to set up dutching using Servant on top 2/3 horses towards end of the race using a specific stake size. Obvioulsy, there is a good chance they may not be the pre race favourites. Could I use this automation and how would I alter it to select best 2 or 3 in the near end of race market? I'm at a basic level with this so far.

Thank you for all your help.

Best wishes
Graeme
Dallas

Mickleton wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:26 am
Hi Dallas

Fairly new, been looking through the library of automation. This relates more to Servant perhaps but I'd like to set up dutching using Servant on top 2/3 horses towards end of the race using a specific stake size. Obvioulsy, there is a good chance they may not be the pre race favourites. Could I use this automation and how would I alter it to select best 2 or 3 in the near end of race market? I'm at a basic level with this so far.

Thank you for all your help.

Best wishes
Graeme
If you're always wanting to back the same runners ie, 1st-3rd fav, or 2nd, 3rd fav etc then you can still use this file as a servant as it will back whichever are 1st-3rd fav the moment you start the servant

You'd just need to change the rule trigger times from Pre-Race to 'Always Armed', then you can run as a servant and start in one of the following ways
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=15192
Mickleton

Hi Dallas
Thanks for quick reply. Have used Servant before but only on 1 horse so just Control and left click on that one selection on the ladder. Where do I click for the 2 or 3 Dutch as the horses could be both outsiders and obviously not all ladders are on screen. Can I use the In Play screen?
Thanks
Graeme
Dallas

Mickleton wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 12:42 pm
Hi Dallas
Thanks for quick reply. Have used Servant before but only on 1 horse so just Control and left click on that one selection on the ladder. Where do I click for the 2 or 3 Dutch as the horses could be both outsiders and obviously not all ladders are on screen. Can I use the In Play screen?
Thanks
Graeme
If the file is to back 1st-3rd fav as this one does it won't matter which selection you click on it will place the bets on whichever are the 1st three in the betting at the time you start the servant.

It's only if you want to nominate specific runners on the fly each race, ie, if your watching tv pics and want to back certain runners which could be in different orders each race and at the time you want to start the servant it would need to be done a different way
TallblokeUK

Please excuse the terrible newbie type questions. Can I confirm a couple of things with this?

1) With the default setup my total liability would never be more than £10.00?
2) Does the automation output a profit report at all?
3) What happens if a race is suspended?
4) Have people been making small but regular returns with this?

Thanks in advance :)
Dallas

TallblokeUK wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:15 am
Please excuse the terrible newbie type questions. Can I confirm a couple of things with this?

1) Its uses the staking method by book% so it depends what odds you are Dutching, the way its calculated is explained here
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/sta ... ters_.html
2), You can add a rule to export the P/L and arm it to trigger whenever you want, or there is an option on the 'Advanced' tab in Guardian to 'Export reports on market closure'
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/pro ... ports.html
3), Not sure what you mean?
All markets get suspended then unsuspended at the off and then suspended when the race finishes before the market is eventually closed and settled
4), No idea, no one can see another persons betting activity or P/L
TallblokeUK

Dallas wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:45 am
TallblokeUK wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:15 am

1) Its uses the staking method by book% so it depends what odds you are Dutching, the way its calculated is explained here
2), You can add a rule to export the P/L and arm it to trigger whenever you want, or there is an option on the 'Advanced' tab in Guardian to 'Export reports on market closure'
3), Not sure what you mean?
All markets get suspended then unsuspended at the off and then suspended when the race finishes before the market is eventually closed and settled
4), No idea, no one can see another persons betting activity or P/L
Thanks for the reply.

With regards to making a profit, I guess I was asking anecedotally if people find this works over the course of a day for small gains?

A follow on question, what would happen in a race with just 4 or 5 runners... would it still work and be worthwhile?
FrankLee

Hi Dallas

I'm experimenting with automation in test mode for the first time but finding it hard to know what I'm actually achieving. I understand you can set up a rule but it's not immediately obvious to a newcomer how to do that to produce meaningful information. A report containing Strategy , Event, Odds, Amount, and Result would be extremely useful . Could you walk us through how to set up a rule or rules to export and compile the results please, or ideally produce a video? Or even more ideally add another magic button to save the brain strain!

Many thanks in advance.
Dallas

FrankLee wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:30 pm
Hi Dallas

I'm experimenting with automation in test mode for the first time but finding it hard to know what I'm actually achieving. I understand you can set up a rule but it's not immediately obvious to a newcomer how to do that to produce meaningful information. A report containing Strategy , Event, Odds, Amount, and Result would be extremely useful . Could you walk us through how to set up a rule or rules to export and compile the results please, or ideally produce a video? Or even more ideally add another magic button to save the brain strain!

Many thanks in advance.
There is a box you can tick in Guardian that will export your P/L report, this will also give you the matched bets and log for the market

Or you could run a 'Export P/L' rule and arm that to trigger whenever you wanted, ie, if you wanted to grab a snapshot as the market goes in-play
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/rule_types.html
GazTheGolfer

Dallas wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:25 pm
This is a basic Guardian automation bot for use mostly on horse racing but can be used on many other markets.

Although there is currently no actual dutching option within guardian there is still a way of achieving something very similar (equal profit on selected runners) by using the book% as a stake.

This bot will back the favorite 3 selections/runners at the event off time for a book% of £10

The stake size as with any other part of the bot can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File" where you can change whatever you require.

To see a detailed explanation of how book% works and is calculated see link just below:
(Perhaps the best way to understand it is to see it in action by giving the rule ago in practice mode)

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
Hi Dallas

I am pretty new to BOT making on BA but finding it incredibly interesting...
I have been monitoring Greyhounds now for about 4mths now and are finding that dutching is definately the way forward.
Looking at the BOT is has 3 rules identical in data and has been set at £10 at book price % in parameters. What i would like to know is each rule you have set for 1 2 3 by favouritism all equates to £10 each so thats £30 in total on that bet, is that correct?.....Ideally i want to back the positions 4 5 6 by favouritism but only risk £10 across all 3 to Dutch because of my work i miss the majority of races and £10 is my maximum risk for now so do i reset at £3.33?....also the book price is 80% so only £8 (£10) or £2.64 (£3.33) will be risked??, so do i add the difference to match my £10 or £3.33?

Sorry it being longwinded but i was told that you are incredibly helpful

Cheers
Dallas

GazTheGolfer wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 1:03 pm
Dallas wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:25 pm
This is a basic Guardian automation bot for use mostly on horse racing but can be used on many other markets.

Although there is currently no actual dutching option within guardian there is still a way of achieving something very similar (equal profit on selected runners) by using the book% as a stake.

This bot will back the favorite 3 selections/runners at the event off time for a book% of £10

The stake size as with any other part of the bot can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File" where you can change whatever you require.

To see a detailed explanation of how book% works and is calculated see link just below:
(Perhaps the best way to understand it is to see it in action by giving the rule ago in practice mode)

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
Hi Dallas

I am pretty new to BOT making on BA but finding it incredibly interesting...
I have been monitoring Greyhounds now for about 4mths now and are finding that dutching is definately the way forward.
Looking at the BOT is has 3 rules identical in data and has been set at £10 at book price % in parameters. What i would like to know is each rule you have set for 1 2 3 by favouritism all equates to £10 each so thats £30 in total on that bet, is that correct?.....Ideally i want to back the positions 4 5 6 by favouritism but only risk £10 across all 3 to Dutch because of my work i miss the majority of races and £10 is my maximum risk for now so do i reset at £3.33?....also the book price is 80% so only £8 (£10) or £2.64 (£3.33) will be risked??, so do i add the difference to match my £10 or £3.33?

Sorry it being longwinded but i was told that you are incredibly helpful

Cheers
The way the book% stake is calculated is detailed on this page of the user guide

There isn't the same type of dutching options available in the automation editor as there is on the manual dutching screen but you can use stored values to do the stake calculationd for you and there is an example file made by Jukebox that will get you started
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=20347
Wan1628

Morning Dallas

My first ever post can I just say thanks for the good work mate.

Right my question is if I only want to Dutch 1 and 2 everything else the same book% I will play with.

How do I do it please ? Do I just change the first box ip12 delete the selection 2
Change the third box selection 3 to 2 Instead of the 3nd fav horse change to 2
Then lastly delete the bet selection 3 completely

Will the bet kick in ? Hard to explain is in my head the plan.

Cheers
Dallas

Wan1628 wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:51 am
Morning Dallas

My first ever post can I just say thanks for the good work mate.

Right my question is if I only want to Dutch 1 and 2 everything else the same book% I will play with.

How do I do it please ? Do I just change the first box ip12 delete the selection 2
Change the third box selection 3 to 2 Instead of the 3nd fav horse change to 2
Then lastly delete the bet selection 3 completely

Will the bet kick in ? Hard to explain is in my head the plan.

Cheers
Glad you are finding the examples helpful

If I understand your question correctly you can just delete the rule that backs the 3rd fav, then only the 1st and 2nd fav's will be dutched

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”