Create a No Lose Trade on Fav and Profit on the Field Guardian Automation Bot

haynzey82

Dallas wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:27 pm
haynzey82 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:14 am
I havent been doing this long but am loving the process.

With this file I wanted to add a stop bet that if the favourites odds went right down it would make a lay bet at those odds. I used 20 ticks.

It worked on many instances and prevented large losses but i have noticed then when I use the stop function on lay bet it does not change the liability amount to equal $10 profit.

Example lay bet will trigger at $2 for a $5 stake then the stop loss kicks in at $3.50 but it keeps the stake at $5 so my liability is $12.50 against a $10 win. If the favourite goes on to win I can suffer very big losses especially at short odds.

I know I can change it so it wont bet favourites under an amount but what I want to do is Put a stop loss bet on equal to liability of $10 when triggered. Im guessing I need to add an extra rule where it refers to back bet price, triggers at 20 ticks then places a lay bet equal to $10 but unsure what rules i would not to use.

Any help would be very much appreciated
You won't be able to use the stop loss in global settings as the offset back bet won't be to a liability, so you'd need to add a separate rule

This post shows how to add a green up rule which will trigger if your loss amount is reached
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11488

Or you could create one to trigger at a number of ticks below the lay bet, that would require the use of stored values, easy enough to set up if you wanted to use ticks rather than a monetary value
Thankyou, the green up rule confuses me a bit but I think i have the hang of it now
ShaunWhite

haynzey82 wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:55 am
Thankyou, the green up rule confuses me a bit but I think i have the hang of it now
You need to remember that using a stop loss will also stop winners, prices that go against you can and do come back. By trying to reduce individual losses it's very likely you'll be making your overall figures worse. Presumably you want a stop loss because you consider the max loss you be too large, if so then reduce your stakes.

With any type of automation it's absolutely crucial that you look at the profiablity of each stage of your process independently, you can be making a profit on your opening bets and then be throwing it away on the close/stop.
waccoe1975

Dallas wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:25 pm
This is a basic Guardian automation rule which for use on in-play horse racing market – though it can easily be edited for most other types of markets.

It takes advantage of the new staking methods added to Bet Angel V1.47. Earlier I posted an example of how the staking method ‘By Liability (Back & Lay) can be used to create a risk-free bet on one selection but profit on all others, the thread can be viewed using this link
http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopic ... 47&t=13551

At post time, the bot places a back bet at the best price on the Fav using a £10 liability stake, once the race goes in-play the bot will place a lay bet also using a £10 liability stake at 15 ticks below the BSP.

If the lay is matched you will have no liability (not able to lose) if the fav goes on to win but if any other runner wins you will have made a profit.

To use the file just click on the Create a No Lose Trade on the Fav & Profit on the Field.Baf attachment link below and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop down box just above, you can now apply it to any markets you have added into guardian.

The stake size and number of ticks used can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File" then click on the "Parameters" tab and change to whatever you require.

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.
To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
Hi dallas can i do this manaully ? Just say back horse at 9 £20 liabilty lay horse at 6 £20 liability so if matched zero loss on horse but profit on all others ?
Dallas

waccoe1975 wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:52 am
Dallas wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:25 pm
This is a basic Guardian automation rule which for use on in-play horse racing market – though it can easily be edited for most other types of markets.

It takes advantage of the new staking methods added to Bet Angel V1.47. Earlier I posted an example of how the staking method ‘By Liability (Back & Lay) can be used to create a risk-free bet on one selection but profit on all others, the thread can be viewed using this link
http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopic ... 47&t=13551

At post time, the bot places a back bet at the best price on the Fav using a £10 liability stake, once the race goes in-play the bot will place a lay bet also using a £10 liability stake at 15 ticks below the BSP.

If the lay is matched you will have no liability (not able to lose) if the fav goes on to win but if any other runner wins you will have made a profit.

To use the file just click on the Create a No Lose Trade on the Fav & Profit on the Field.Baf attachment link below and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop down box just above, you can now apply it to any markets you have added into guardian.

The stake size and number of ticks used can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File" then click on the "Parameters" tab and change to whatever you require.

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.
To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
Hi dallas can i do this manaully ? Just say back horse at 9 £20 liabilty lay horse at 6 £20 liability so if matched zero loss on horse but profit on all others ?
Yes, exactly that way
Mzolisi12

Hi Dallas,

I am new to this forum and to Bet Angel. I was wondering if you could assist me with a Sure Bet/Trading Strategy - Guardian Automation Bots, for two various markets, namely: Football and Horse Racing. I desperately seek your help, as I come into this game with a very small working capital (trading bank) that I cant afford to lose. My short to medium term objective, is to grow my working capital, of which will enable me to scale up, in terms of betting or trading stakes.

I will greatly appreciate your wisdom of the game and rule automation.

Mzolisi12
Dallas

Mzolisi12 wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:21 am
Hi Dallas,

I am new to this forum and to Bet Angel. I was wondering if you could assist me with a Sure Bet/Trading Strategy - Guardian Automation Bots, for two various markets, namely: Football and Horse Racing. I desperately seek your help, as I come into this game with a very small working capital (trading bank) that I cant afford to lose. My short to medium term objective, is to grow my working capital, of which will enable me to scale up, in terms of betting or trading stakes.

I will greatly appreciate your wisdom of the game and rule automation.

Mzolisi12
The best advise I can give you is never to trade (or gamble) with money you can not afford, it's almost a certainty that you'll lose your first few banks when learning to trade.
If I were you I'd put things on hold for a while until you are in a better position financially and you can comfortably afford to deposit some money which you are fully prepared to lose.

Sorry that's probably not the answer you were looking for but its is the only one any responsible person could give to someone in your situation
Mzolisi12

Hi Dallas,
Can you please tell me where do I find my Profit or Loss at the end of a horse race , on my Ladder screen? A win, how does it look like, and a Loss how does it look like...?
Dallas

Mzolisi12 wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:36 pm
Hi Dallas,
Can you please tell me where do I find my Profit or Loss at the end of a horse race , on my Ladder screen? A win, how does it look like, and a Loss how does it look like...?
Its the value shown next to the horse name that won the race
Mzolisi12

Yes,

The amounts are showing next to the race favourites - line 1 and also showing on "Close and Green up", next to "Scale" on Ladder Screen. When the race has concluded in-play run, there is a flashing "Green Light" of the race end-time, next to the "Suspended Red Sign". During the flashing "Green Light" of the race end-time, the "Close and Green up" next to "Scale", will show a Loss in (red amount), then it will change to a Profit just before the flashing "Green Light" of the race end-time, turns Red, and it will remain on Profit (Green Amount) for the rest of the day.

Please read a Private Mail I sent to you now, for more details on this matter.
Dallas

Mzolisi12 wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:54 pm
Yes,

The amounts are showing next to the race favourites - line 1 and also showing on "Close and Green up", next to "Scale" on Ladder Screen. When the race has concluded in-play run, there is a flashing "Green Light" of the race end-time, next to the "Suspended Red Sign". During the flashing "Green Light" of the race end-time, the "Close and Green up" next to "Scale", will show a Loss in (red amount), then it will change to a Profit just before the flashing "Green Light" of the race end-time, turns Red, and it will remain on Profit (Green Amount) for the rest of the day.
The figure next to the scales is what you 'can' green up for if you were to exit/green up all positions now, this will change as the prices do.

With this bot that will always be changing because it doesn't' green up it pushes all the profit to the other selections and keeps the fav as £0.00

The figure next to the scales will also go a bit mental at the end of the race when there are no prices to green up against and the market closes

All you need to look at is the figure next to the selections name - the amount shown next to the actual winner is what you'll win (or lose)
Dallas

Mzolisi12 wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:54 pm

Please read a Private Mail I sent to you now, for more details on this matter.
When did you send it?

It usually takes me a few days (2-5 days) to get to each PM due to the volume I get but I do answer them all (providing its not just a request to send across a profitable bot)
Mzolisi12

Hi Dallas,

I sent to you a private mail to "Dallas" on Wednesday, 20 October,2021 @ 5:21 pm.

Your Last response dated Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:35 pm
"All you need to look at is the figure next to the selections name - the amount shown next to the actual winner is what you'll win (or lose)"

This is exactly what I am talking about...The amounts I refer to, are amounts shown next to the actual selections name, and they were all Green, at the conclusion of the race.

Dallas, please don't get me wrong...Bet Angel software is God given to me and I am thankful for it, I will never look elsewhere, However, we must point out any mishaps in the system, in order to fix them, and not just complain.
Dallas

Mzolisi12 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:04 pm
Hi Dallas,

I sent to you a private mail to "Dallas" on Wednesday, 20 October,2021 @ 5:21 pm.

Your Last response dated Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:35 pm
"All you need to look at is the figure next to the selections name - the amount shown next to the actual winner is what you'll win (or lose)"

This is exactly what I am talking about...The amounts I refer to, are amounts shown next to the actual selections name, and they were all Green, at the conclusion of the race.

Dallas, please don't get me wrong...Bet Angel software is God given to me and I am thankful for it, I will never look elsewhere, However, we must point out any mishaps in the system, in order to fix them, and not just complain.
If the PM was sent only 36hrs ago I'll still have a few to get through ahead of it but should get to it sometime over the weekend

If you post a full screenshot so I can see the state of the market and prices for each runner etc and highlight what it is you are looking at i'll be able to explain what you are seeing in it

I can guarantee 1000% there are no 'mishaps' with the P/L figures and that they are working perfectly fine and as expected. They have been in the software since it was created almost 20 years ago (and well before my time) and get looked at by every manual trader tens of thousands of times every day, so even the very rarest and oddest of anomalies with them would have been spotted and flagged tens of thousands of times by now if they had gone unfixed.
Mzolisi12

Hi Dallas,

I was wondering if it is possible to place Bet or Lay, on a particular single horse in a race...? In exclusion of rest of the field.

I would also like to know how the "Automation Nominated Selection" works. Is there perhaps a Video or an articles on Automation Nominated Selection...?
Dallas

Mzolisi12 wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:22 pm
Hi Dallas,

I was wondering if it is possible to place Bet or Lay, on a particular single horse in a race...? In exclusion of rest of the field.

I would also like to know how the "Automation Nominated Selection" works. Is there perhaps a Video or an articles on Automation Nominated Selection...?
Yes, you can be on as many or as few selections as you want, and as many or as few times as you like on each. This can be done both manually or via automaton or a mixture of both

The 'Automation Nominated Selection' allows you to create a single rule that can be applied to multiple markets and you get to select the runner its to trigger on using the 'Automation Nominated Selection' column in the main Guardian market list
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/app ... _list.html

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”