Back the Fav & Exit when Not Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

This is a basic Guardian automation rule for use on Horse Racing Markets.

The bot will Back the Fav for £10 @ BSP and will close and hedge taking a small loss In-Running if the horse is no longer the fav (shorest priced).

For obvious reasons this rule is best applied to those races with a clear fav rather than competitive races with several runners of a similar SP price.

To use the file just click on the Back the Fav & Exit if Not.Baf attachment link below and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop down box just above, you can now apply it to any markets you have added into guardian.

The stake size as with all other aspects of this file can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File" then click on the "General, Parameters & Conditions" tab and change to whatever you require.

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NeilSpence

Hi Dallas,
Is there a way to modify this file to back a selection in running that hits a certain price, say £2.00. That price it should be the current favourite. Maybe an additonal rule needs to suggest its faavourtie).Then if it loses favourtism then it will green up( for a loss I presume).
That way I can get involved with horse that started higher but have come in...
Reagrds,
Neil
Dallas

NeilSpence wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:03 am
Hi Dallas,
Is there a way to modify this file to back a selection in running that hits a certain price, say £2.00. That price it should be the current favourite. Maybe an additonal rule needs to suggest its faavourtie).Then if it loses favourtism then it will green up( for a loss I presume).
That way I can get involved with horse that started higher but have come in...
Reagrds,
Neil
It would be better to start with this file, there's are instructions within the thread on ways of adding stops to it
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=11414
NeilSpence

Great,
Would you suggest it is better to green up or aim to close a position to exit a position. Obviously the odds start shifting out pretty quickly toward the end of the race, is that effectively the same bet being placed.
Zedemcee

Hey mate love you’re work . Just wonder how I can back the fav but then not lay it until it is 3rd fav not 2nd fav because a lot of the time it will go into 2nd fav then win any way so I’ve laid it and lose ?????
Dallas

Zedemcee wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:53 am
Hey mate love you’re work . Just wonder how I can back the fav but then not lay it until it is 3rd fav not 2nd fav because a lot of the time it will go into 2nd fav then win any way so I’ve laid it and lose ?????
Glad your enjoying using them and finding them useful

The first thing you need to add is a 'Unfix order of market selections' rule and arm it to trigger 00:00:01 after going in-play

Then on the existing 'Close if not fav' rule make the following changes
General Tab
Rule Type; Close trade on selection with greening'
Applied to; ANY selection

Conditions
Relative Odd Condition
Selections back price
Is greater than
Back price of
Nominated selection 'By Position (in order of favouritism) 2'

Number of Place bet triggers condition
on selection
is greater than 0

that will do it for you
Zedemcee

Ok so that worked but it didn’t work because there would be a lot of races where two would be in front and I would get beat and wouldn’t lay the fave because I’ve set it to lay only if it hits 3rd fav 😟. What about setting it so it backs the fav but then won’t lay it until it gets out to x amount in the back or lay say like $3 or something like that ??? If you kkkw what I mean ?
dldtaylor

Hi Dallas. I've been testing this bot this morning and I'm not sure it's working correctly. However, I'm new to this automation game so it could be me. It doesn't appear to be placing a back bet just prior to the off, but does place a back bet 10 ticks higher than the starting price. I would have thought it needs to place a back bet just prior to the off, and then place a lay bet with greening 10 ticks higher. If I'm being stupid, feel free to say so :D
Dallas

dldtaylor wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:10 pm
Hi Dallas. I've been testing this bot this morning and I'm not sure it's working correctly. However, I'm new to this automation game so it could be me. It doesn't appear to be placing a back bet just prior to the off, but does place a back bet 10 ticks higher than the starting price. I would have thought it needs to place a back bet just prior to the off, and then place a lay bet with greening 10 ticks higher. If I'm being stupid, feel free to say so :D
It places a back bet on the fav 10secs before the start time 10 ticks above the current best price
Then 5secs before the start time a 'Take SP rule triggers
The Close Trade with greening rule then triggers when in-running and greens up with a lay bet if that runner is no longer the fav
ShaunWhite

dldtaylor wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:10 pm
However, I'm new to this automation game
Set reasonable expectations. Margins are tight (a couple of percent of your turnover would be seen as decent) and having a small number of bets a day on a handful of horses will mean you experience quite long good and bad runs and you're unlikely to make a profit consistantly each week. If you spend a couple of days with Excel and learning about something called a Monte Carlo simulation, then you'll be much better placed to understand the variations you might get. Knowing if something is profitable long term is the hard part to figure out because PL over a few hundered markets really doesn't tell you much.
gareth75

Dallas wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:52 pm
This is a basic Guardian automation rule for use on Horse Racing Markets.

The bot will Back the Fav for £10 @ BSP and will close and hedge taking a small loss In-Running if the horse is no longer the fav (shorest priced).

For obvious reasons this rule is best applied to those races with a clear fav rather than competitive races with several runners of a similar SP price.

To use the file just click on the Back the Fav & Exit if Not.Baf attachment link below and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop down box just above, you can now apply it to any markets you have added into guardian.

The stake size as with all other aspects of this file can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File" then click on the "General, Parameters & Conditions" tab and change to whatever you require.

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
Hi Dallas
How do i utilise this Automation to back the SP Fav but in running at a lower price? Basically how do i bet on the Starting Price Fav In Running even if it looses favouritism during the race.
Thanks

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”