Lay the First to Trade at 2.0 Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

wicsj wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:19 am
Hi Dallas

I wonder, have you been able to take at this at all please?

wicsj
No i'd forgot all about it tbh
On the Signal rule you haven't set a signal on the market using the signal tab

On the lay rule you've added a signal condition but this is looking at the selection, it needs changing to the market to match the signal rule above
mudie123

Hi i can't get this to word on betangel for betdaq, any help please
david smith
Dallas

mudie123 wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 2:57 pm
Hi i can't get this to word on betangel for betdaq, any help please
david smith
Files that have been created for the Betfair version of Bet Angel can't be used with the Betdaq version and vice versa

You'll need to recreate the file using the Betdaq version

All that's needed is a 'Place Lay Bet' rule
applied to the fav

with a 'Fixed Odds Condition'
selections back price
is less than 2.02
Simoba

Hi Dallas,

I have an automation (attached) to lay the first horse that hits 3.20 in running, when the BSP of that horse was greater than 3.20 at the off. All works fine, however I have a couple of questions as to how to tweak it slightly please.

1) How do I set the bot to not fire at all if the BSP of the fav goes off under 3.20 please? What it is currently doing, if the fav is say 2.80 and the second fave is say 3.50, the bot will only fire in when any other horse bar the fav hits 3.20, however, if there is a fav in the race under 3.20 at the off, I want the bot not to fire at all on any runners. Hope that makes sense!
2) If I wish to green up and offset for 30% of stake, how is that achieved please? ie a lay is matched at £100 at 3.20, so I wish a back bet to fire in to achieve a £30 green book all runners. I note under parameters there is "offset bet and greening" and ticks or %. Is that % a percentage of stake ? Do I just click on % and then enter 30 in box next to it?

Thank you ever so much for your help, this is my first proper foray into automation.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Simoba wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:06 pm
Hi Dallas,

I have an automation (attached) to lay the first horse that hits 3.20 in running, when the BSP of that horse was greater than 3.20 at the off. All works fine, however I have a couple of questions as to how to tweak it slightly please.

1) How do I set the bot to not fire at all if the BSP of the fav goes off under 3.20 please? What it is currently doing, if the fav is say 2.80 and the second fave is say 3.50, the bot will only fire in when any other horse bar the fav hits 3.20, however, if there is a fav in the race under 3.20 at the off, I want the bot not to fire at all on any runners. Hope that makes sense!
2) If I wish to green up and offset for 30% of stake, how is that achieved please? ie a lay is matched at £100 at 3.20, so I wish a back bet to fire in to achieve a £30 green book all runners. I note under parameters there is "offset bet and greening" and ticks or %. Is that % a percentage of stake ? Do I just click on % and then enter 30 in box next to it?

Thank you ever so much for your help, this is my first proper foray into automation.
1), The fixed odds condition just needs to test the 'Actual SP' of the nominated selection 'by position (in order of favouritism) 1' is greater than 3.2
(rather than testing each individual selection)

You will also need to go onto the automation tab of your main settings and set the favouritism sort to use 'Actual SP
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/bas ... tings.html

2), All thats needed here is a close trade on selection with greening rule, and a close trade profit with greening condition, to test your profit is greater than whatever 30% is, ie, if the lay bet was using £100 stakes you'd set the profit condition to £30

I've included an updated version of your rule with the changes above already made, as what you want can be done with just 2 rules I've done it that way as this makes it easier for you if ever you wanted to edit the price, stake etc
(you'll still need to change the favouritism sort to use 'Actual SP, then save the settings on your automation tab of your main settings)
Lay 1st to 3.2.baf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Simoba

Dallas wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 1:22 pm
Simoba wrote:
Hi Dallas,

1), The fixed odds condition just needs to test the 'Actual SP' of the nominated selection 'by position (in order of favouritism) 1' is greater than 3.2

You will also need to go onto the automation tab of your main settings and set the favouritism sort to use 'Actual SP

2), All thats needed here is a close trade on selection with greening rule, and a close trade profit with greening condition, to test your profit is greater than whatever 30% is, ie, if the lay bet was using £100 stakes you'd set the profit condition to £30

I've included an updated version of your rule with the changes above already made, as what you want can be done with just 2 rules I've done it that way as this makes it easier for you if ever you wanted to edit the price, stake etc
(you'll still need to change the favouritism sort to use 'Actual SP, then save the settings on your automation tab of your main settings)

Lay 1st to 3.2.baf
Thank you ever so much Dallas, really appreciate your kind assistance with this.
Dallas

Simoba wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 2:33 pm
Dallas wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 1:22 pm
Simoba wrote:
Hi Dallas,

Lay 1st to 3.2.baf
Thank you ever so much Dallas, really appreciate your kind assistance with this.
No probs, if you still get stuck just post with were you've got up to
grimm

Hi Dallas

Been trailing this in UK and IRL markets. (offset with 50% stop and profit) odds 2.5. been work as treat but I have some issue like of horse trading under odds2 normally they win and stop loss don't match etc. can you please explain how I add condition like don't trade market off ODDS UNDER 2. Thanks in advance
Dallas

grimm wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 7:48 pm
Hi Dallas

Been trailing this in UK and IRL markets. (offset with 50% stop and profit) odds 2.5. been work as treat but I have some issue like of horse trading under odds2 normally they win and stop loss don't match etc. can you please explain how I add condition like don't trade market off ODDS UNDER 2. Thanks in advance
If you add a 'Set/Modify Signal' rule applied to the fav and armed to trigger in-play from 00:00:02 until 00:00:04
and on the signal tab, set a signal on the market (name it anything you want ie, qualified)

Then add a 'Fixed Odds Condition'
the 'Actual SP'
is Greater than 2.0

Then on the existing Lay bet rule, add a 'Signal Set condition' to test
The Signal named 'qualified' (or whatever you called it)
on market
is set with a value

You'll also need to change the time this lay rule is armed at from 00:00:02 until at least 00:00:05 so it can't trigger until after the signal rule has been able to fire
harryefc84

Hi chaps,

Just having my first proper venture into automation.

Been having a little play with this one, all working fine etc just on one of the races the Lay bet matched fully, then the price went out and the back bet matched for a little more than my chosen profit, which is all fine realise the odds will differ from race to race.

However after that it put 2 smaller lay bets into the market also at much higher prices (7.8 and 3.1). How come it did that? Not a big problem as it still came away with a higher profit than I had down (maybe that's the reason?) just like to understand it.

cheers
Dallas

harryefc84 wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:09 pm
Hi chaps,

Just having my first proper venture into automation.

Been having a little play with this one, all working fine etc just on one of the races the Lay bet matched fully, then the price went out and the back bet matched for a little more than my chosen profit, which is all fine realise the odds will differ from race to race.

However after that it put 2 smaller lay bets into the market also at much higher prices (7.8 and 3.1). How come it did that? Not a big problem as it still came away with a higher profit than I had down (maybe that's the reason?) just like to understand it.

cheers
Are you using the file from the opening post unedited?

Or have you edited it or downloaded an alternative version that someone has asked for/posted somewhere in the thread?

The original file should place just one lay bet on the 1st to trade below 2.0, so can't understand how the one you are using is placing any back bets or additional lay bets?
harryefc84

Hi dallas,

Ive started a fresh with a new file for today, Ive probably done something wrong somewhere. Appreciate your response.

cheers
Dallas

harryefc84 wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:48 pm
Hi dallas,

Ive started a fresh with a new file for today, Ive probably done something wrong somewhere. Appreciate your response.

cheers
No probs, if you get stuck again just post back
harryefc84

Hi

Which condition would I need to put in if I wanted the lay bet to cancel after a certain amount of time i.e if it triggered but went unmatched? Say it reached 2.02 but went out from there? just to stop it getting matched late on if it steams in

thanks
Dallas

harryefc84 wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 2:50 pm
Hi

Which condition would I need to put in if I wanted the lay bet to cancel after a certain amount of time i.e if it triggered but went unmatched? Say it reached 2.02 but went out from there? just to stop it getting matched late on if it steams in

thanks
You could just change the time the rule is armed for ie, 0-30secs after going in-play

If you were using it many different race distances you might want to use different ie, try and aim for around the first 50% of a race
To do this if you have a TPD subscription its quite straight forward on the courses they proved GPS data for as you can just use a TPD condition to test how far into the race they are

Without a TPD condition and for course its not supported on you'll need to use multiple rules each with there own race distance conditions and arm times, for example
Rule 1 is armed for first 30secs of a race and uses two race distance conditions to test its between 5f and 7f
Rule 2 is armed for first 50secs of a race and uses two race distance conditions to test its between 8f and 12f
and so on

The 2nd post of this example contains a 'Standard Times' list of all the race distances, which you could use to help decide how long to arm each rule for
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=11627

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”