Lay the Field Guardian Automation Bot

mickypaul72

Use a Fixed odds condition, Lay price is less than 100
dawnrosie

This sounds like an easy enough for me bot! Can it just be used straight out of the box?
MobiusGrey

This one is pretty much good to go. The win/loss rate would mainly come down to race selection. Just remember to change the stakes on the Parameters tab.
greenmark

Dallas says categorically, none of these bots work out of the box.
The logic is even if they did work, as soon as they're broadcast they cease to work.
They are only demonstratins of what you do with Guardian.
You still need a winning strategy. Guardian or a Dallas bot won't make you a winner.
dawnrosie

ah ok thanks Greenmark. After some more reading I'm seeing that said over and over now.
dawnrosie

MobiusGrey wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:04 pm
This one is pretty much good to go. The win/loss rate would mainly come down to race selection. Just remember to change the stakes on the Parameters tab.
Ok thank you for your advice
Dallas

dawnrosie wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:12 pm
ah ok thanks Greenmark. After some more reading I'm seeing that said over and over now.
The comments you got above are spot on, none will generate a profit just by applying to all markets.its up to each user to add in a few of their own conditions make some tweaks etc and find the most suitable markets for each strategy.

I know there are plenty on here now who have profitable bots/servants which they've created from these examples but then put in some work to find an edge in the market.

Just to add to this message I keep meaning to do a post on 'Types of Automation', explaining the difference. Bots generally fall into 2 categories, the pure numbers bots which trigger when x,y and z conditions are met, then there are selection based bots where you apply them to a specific runner (ie, back 2 lay bet on front runners).
The later can, therefore, be used by 2 people who both get different results based on their choice of team, runner, player etc and this lay the field bot falls into that category.
dawnrosie

Thanks Dallas... and very nice to meet you. The new post would be helpful.

I did sign up to BA in the hope that I would find the magic formula and just be able to run it in auto and make a profit. I understand now that that is wishful thinking and completely understand that if it was that easy we would all jump on it and it would cease to be so. I clearly have a lot more to learn!
There is so much on offer as regards these bots you put out it is difficult to find the ones I can understand so thought this one sounded fairly easy for me to follow.

I shall continue to learn tho..............
Dallas

dawnrosie wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:39 pm
Thanks Dallas... and very nice to meet you. The new post would be helpful.

I did sign up to BA in the hope that I would find the magic formula and just be able to run it in auto and make a profit. I understand now that that is wishful thinking and completely understand that if it was that easy we would all jump on it and it would cease to be so. I clearly have a lot more to learn!
There is so much on offer as regards these bots you put out it is difficult to find the ones I can understand so thought this one sounded fairly easy for me to follow.

I shall continue to learn tho..............
This bot is possibly the most basic in terms of its a single rule and not even any conditions, whereas some of the other can get a bit complex but the automation tool of Bet Angel is easy to learn how after that the limitations are your imagination.

The best thing to do would be to download a few have a read of the description of what they are meant to do and trigger and run them in practice mode, just to see how they work etc.
Make sure you do place some real bets while doing this otherwise Betfair will restrict your account if they think you're using practise mode only.

There is also a free course on Automation on the Bet Angel academy site (page 2) which will walk you through the rules editor and how to build/edit files
https://online.betangelacademy.com/

and of course if you get stuck or have any questions just post them on this forum and someone will certainly be able reply and help
dawnrosie

yes I have been having some "real bets" as well. TBH I find live trading better as I can easily see my profit or loss. Shame BF won't let us have a running balance. I also know practise and live can give different results so like to see a bot in action at least a couple of time when trying it out. I've tried about 5 so far.
I have watched the automation training twice now lol, first time just straight through and today a bit slower now I understand a bit more. I even had a go at creating my own bot lol, only in practise mode of course and only todays last 4 races and it lost everyone hehe
Dallas

dawnrosie wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:04 pm
yes I have been having some "real bets" as well. TBH I find live trading better as I can easily see my profit or loss. Shame BF won't let us have a running balance. I also know practise and live can give different results so like to see a bot in action at least a couple of time when trying it out. I've tried about 5 so far.
I have watched the automation training twice now lol, first time just straight through and today a bit slower now I understand a bit more. I even had a go at creating my own bot lol, only in practise mode of course and only todays last 4 races and it lost everyone hehe
Its sounds like your on the right track and doing everything right so far so just keep on that path and enjoy your journey
MobiusGrey

This is an inplay lay the field bot, we're not talking intracacies of pre-race scalping. It's a basic, lay the field that you can do with no software on Betfair. I fail to see why this would have less chance of winning than anyone just laying the field on Betfair.

I get it, most of the bots require some form of tweaking and new rules writing but a lay the field bot, pffft personally I don't agree. This works based on race selection so longer races, bigger fields etc etc, nothing to do with the bot.
ShaunWhite

Some of the example bots are just intended to illustrate the functionality available, and to give people a guide as to how to apply rules at certain times and on certain selections. It might seem basic to you but for someone just starting out, knowing how to combine rules and control them is very useful. Not all examples are intended as a recipe for success.
FreemanMTK

Hi is there any way I could filter according the courses with one rule file?
tradergreen

Hi,

I would like to ask a question.

I would like to lay a group of selections or (if that is not possible I will try laying all selections) in a best market price in-play at the beginning of the race?

But if I "Lay all selections" only it's available "Fixed price", do you know how I could do it with a best market price?

Thank you.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”