Dutch 1st, 2nd & 3rd Fav Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

This is a basic Guardian automation bot for use mostly on horse racing but can be used on many other markets.

Although there is currently no actual dutching option within guardian there is still a way of achieving something very similar (equal profit on selected runners) by using the book% as a stake.

This bot will back the favorite 3 selections/runners at the event off time for a book% of £10

The stake size as with any other part of the bot can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File" where you can change whatever you require.

To see a detailed explanation of how book% works and is calculated see link just below:
(Perhaps the best way to understand it is to see it in action by giving the rule ago in practice mode)

https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/sta ... ters_.html

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
convoysur-2

thanks dallas
Marc
alzy111

I have been using this automation, albeit using different selections.
I have found that quite regularly it will only place 1 or 2 bets on a race instead of all 3. Why does this happen and what can be done to fix this.
Thanks
Dallas

Difficult to say for sure without knowing your full set up, assuming you have not changed any of the trigger/re-arming times then next most likely cause is if dont have the market open on a main Bet Angel screen prior to the time the bets are placed and each market is just left running in guardian then the reason will be to do with your guardian market cycling & refresh rates which you can read full detail on this using the link below
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11491
alzy111

Thanks Dallas, you could be right there. I'll give it a go tomorrow and report back.
Thanks
Alan
welshtrekker

Is going for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd the best idea?
I read about some ideas around the third, fourth and fifth favourites.
What results are folks getting?
lazzasurf

Hello

I had good success with a alternative programme dutching the field (other software). What i'd do was dutch the field to 80% for a total of £50 with a average profit per race of £2-£4, small but consistent and depending on the amount of horses running. I had a 32 horse winning streak at one point before a horse not dutched would win, wiping out my prefit for the day. (it was a disturbing moment watching a 50-1 romp home ahead of a odds on favorite) I was unable to set up a stoploss that would trigger at a given sum say £25 and i wasn't quick enough to do it manually, a fair loss but it would still leave me with a overall profit.
Is such a bot possible with betangel? (ditched other software now and have a betangel sub)
Iv'e had a look but cant see a dutching % option. I got the idea from this video and evolved it from there.

Many thanks..
Dallas

There is a number of ways to adding monetary value as a form of stop loss to this automation file or any other automation or manual trading, there is two ready made files available from the shared files library which you could download and copy the contents into another rule making at the same time making any changes you want.
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=11407
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=11954
zanpo

What rules should I put so that it only dutches for a positive value. Sometimes I see that it dutches 3 selections with negative profit on all 3 of them (and the rest of the selections also).
shakespeare

Thanks, Dallas! That's one part of automation I hadn't experimented with, so very useful to learn about it from your example.
Dallas

zanpo wrote:What rules should I put so that it only dutches for a positive value. Sometimes I see that it dutches 3 selections with negative profit on all 3 of them (and the rest of the selections also).
Its only possible to dutch a negative value if the 3 selections are below 3.0 which would usually only be possible in a newly opened or unformed market when there is little to no money availible. Same goes for backing/dutching 2 selections below 2.0 and 4 selections below 4.0 etc
shakespeare wrote:Thanks, Dallas! That's one part of automation I hadn't experimented with, so very useful to learn about it from your example.
Glad you have found it usefull, personally i think its a under used part of the automation options.
obitus

I have added a Hedge Profit rule where I green all selections inplay when it reaches a value (say £5). If I do some pre off trading and reach that £5 value, when it hits inplay will it hedge up automatically?

If so would there be any way around this so that it only include the inplay trades?
Dallas

It could nt be done using the same profit rule as this always looks at the P/L of the market, what you could do is set up a £10 profit rule to be armed only in play and using a signal condition that the first one had triggered pre-race.
forumuser

Dallas, I have been using this with some success, albeit I have changed and added a couple of other rules, however can you explain to me how this actually sets the bets up using a book% to dutch the bets?

What is the book % and how does this work out to the £10 and presumably changing it to £20 would double the profit/loss amounts.

As I say it is dutching the selections nicely I just would like to understand how it is doing this, thanks.
Dallas

forumuser wrote:What is the book % and how does this work out to the £10 and presumably changing it to £20 would double the profit/loss amounts.
There is a link in the OP to the section of the user guide that explains how it works and is calculated.

Yes doubling your stake would just double any P/L

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”