DOBing - Back & Lay at 50% Guardian Automation Bot

chas53

The 10 20 30 40 50 per cent would I think be an equal reduction in liability. The trailing stop loss would be to half the loss if the selection is not running to its potential but if it did come down in price the stop loss would follow its best price, so if the initial stop loss was say 12 ticks it would remain at 12 ticks from the shortest price it had attained.
darren1963

Ok guys, please can someone help me. I have used both Peter Webb's guidance on his Dobbing video and I have also tried to use this bot and both of them delete the 'lay' bet once the race starts....please can someone explain why this is and what I need to rectify this. Thanks
Dallas

darren1963 wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:55 pm
Ok guys, please can someone help me. I have used both Peter Webb's guidance on his Dobbing video and I have also tried to use this bot and both of them delete the 'lay' bet once the race starts....please can someone explain why this is and what I need to rectify this. Thanks
The lay bet of this file is not placed until after the race has gone in-play the selection reaches 50% its BSP
darren1963

Dallas wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:05 pm
darren1963 wrote:
The lay bet of this file is not placed until after the race has gone in-play the selection reaches 50% its BSP
Thank you for the response, and I understand what you are saying. However, even when the odds reach 50% of the BSP the lay bet does not kick in. It just disappears and the race is run and even when the BSP is 50% it does not place the lay bet.
Dallas

darren1963 wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:19 pm
Dallas wrote:
darren1963 wrote:
Thank you for the response, and I understand what you are saying. However, even when the odds reach 50% of the BSP the lay bet does not kick in. It just disappears and the race is run and even when the BSP is 50% it does not place the lay bet.
Not sure what you mean by "the lay bet does not kick in. It just disappears and the race is run"

Once the lay has been triggered it will remain in the market till matched

Also what refresh rate are you using in guardian?
It should be at least 200ms for in-running automation (preferably 20ms if you have streaming enabled), if your using a slower rate than this it would explain why it may not be triggering

This thread explains how guardian refresh rate effects automation
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11491
darren1963

Dallas wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:28 pm
darren1963 wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:19 pm
Dallas wrote:

Not sure what you mean by "the lay bet does not kick in. It just disappears and the race is run"

Once the lay has been triggered it will remain in the market till matched

Also what refresh rate are you using in guardian?
It should be at least 200ms for in-running automation (preferably 20ms if you have streaming enabled), if your using a slower rate than this it would explain why it may not be triggering

This thread explains how guardian refresh rate effects automation
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11491
Thanks Dallas.. I have updates set at 200ms as that is the lowest i can find in the settings. Prime example of the issue is Sandown 4.40 today...Deauville Dancer was 50/1 on betfair.......your bot placed the back bet, but when the horse was around 18s or 20s it did not lay the bet and this is happening to me all the time. Cheers
Dallas

Can you post a copy of the log for that Sandown race?

The following thread shows how to enable streaming so you can refresh as fast as 20ms
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=13949
darren1963

Hi Dallas

Not sure how I can post a log, the race has been and gone. Please advise how I can help.

Cheers
Dallas

darren1963 wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:12 pm
Hi Dallas

Not sure how I can post a log, the race has been and gone. Please advise how I can help.

Cheers
A few tabs to the right of your ladder, one-click screen tabs etc is the log tab, if you have already logged out since the race you can still get a copy from your main settings area, the image at the bottom of this page shows how to find it that way
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/the ... A5&mw=MzIw

You only need post the part relating to the Sandown race (or any other race you know it never triggered on)
darren1963

Thanks Dallas, cannot replicate the instructions you and the guide gave me, so I attach a copy of my 'users' folders. please advise how I proceed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

It might be easier if you download and try this DOBing bot
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=13629

It uses options which were not available when this one and the one Peters demonstrates were created so the guardian settings it requires are not as stringent.

If your refresh rate in guardian is 200ms as long as you have fewer than 50 markets loaded into guardian it will work fine as it is with no changes to your guardian settings required.
Any more than 50 markets in guardian and you will have to enable streaming to use a faster refresh rate or use the restrict refresh option detailed in my earlier message
darren1963

Thanks Dallas, I will try this and let you know how it works.

Cheers
darren1963

Dallas wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:31 pm

It uses options which were not available when this one and the one Peters demonstrates were created so the guardian settings it requires are not as stringent.

If your refresh rate in guardian is 200ms as long as you have fewer than 50 markets loaded into guardian it will work fine as it is with no changes to your guardian settings required.
Any more than 50 markets in guardian and you will have to enable streaming to use a faster refresh rate or use the restrict refresh option detailed in my earlier message

Hi Dallas, the above bot seems to have sorted my issues, so many thanks. Can you advise how on the automation interface if there is a way I can keep the numbers of 'matched' and 'unmatched bets', as after a minute or two after the race has finished they disappear and it would be useful to be able to look at a glance and see how many bets had actually been matched and unmatched. Is this possible?
Dallas

darren1963 wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:45 pm
Dallas wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:31 pm

Hi Dallas, the above bot seems to have sorted my issues, so many thanks. Can you advise how on the automation interface if there is a way I can keep the numbers of 'matched' and 'unmatched bets', as after a minute or two after the race has finished they disappear and it would be useful to be able to look at a glance and see how many bets had actually been matched and unmatched. Is this possible?
Glad its working for you

If you go into your main settings > edit settings > automation
and tick the retain matched bets info box

That will stop them being removed from guardian after a market is closed
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
darren1963

Cheers Dallas, that worked a treat. Last question I promise.......is there a way I can see what my days profit and losses have been as in almost a running commentary at any given time during the day?

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”