DOBing - Back & Lay at 50% Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

DOBing - Back & Lay at 50% Guardian Automation Bot.

This bot is for the well known horse racing strategy of DOBing (Double or Bust).

If you have never heard of it or not sure what it is a quick search on Google will bring up all the info needed.

It Places a £10 back bet on upto 2 nominated runners of your choice and closes the trade if that selections odds trade 50% lower In-Running.

To use the file just click on the DOBing.Baf attachment link below and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop down box just above, you can now apply it to any markets you have added into guardian.

Now after applying the rule to the markets you have to Nominate the runner/s you wish to run the rule on - this is done on Guardian's main screen using the drop down menu in the "Automation Nominated Selection 1 & 2" columns (see Image's).

If you want to find out how Bet Angel can alert you to DOBing opportunities see this blog
https://www.betangel.com/blog/front-run ... bet-angel/

The stake size can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File" then click on the "Parameters" tab.

Additional parts/conditions can also be added or removed from the bot as you build it into your own bespoke automation file.

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vladilyich

Marvellous stuff.

Will give this a try asap.
vladilyich

Worked a treat first time but has been stuck with a particular race and its nominated horses but I am unsure how to change it back to its original form.
Dallas

You dont need to edit anything within the rule after you have added your races to guardian and applied the rule to them all (as shown in 1st image) you just need to use the drop down boxes on guardians main page to select the actual runners for each race.

If you think you have changed part of the rule you can just delete it and re download it again.
vladilyich

Yes I have redownloaded it and will try to understand your first post a bit better than I have.
Dallas

To make things easier and faster its been made so that all the horse seleting is done from the main guardian page without the need to go into the actual rule (even if you have applied the rule to every race but select no horses in the nomination 1 or 2 selection it just skips that race)
vladilyich

Got it now.

I had no idea what the other cells to the right of the Automation Rules column even meant :?

Like I say,the automation is something new to me but something I'd like to understand better.

I am not a fan of scalping Horse Racing with the kind of small stakes I have as I believe you need to monitor scalping for such things as resistance points and market moves and Automated bots just keep throwing in bets without knowing these things. The dobing bot and various football bots are suited brilliantly for such uses,in my opinion.
Dallas

Glad to hear you got it working vladilyich

The ideas behind these files is to help people understand and get the most from what can be done with automation including parts which people where not aware of or did'nt know how to use so if you have now learnt something from this that you did nt know earlier then there doing what was intended.

There is many reasons and circumstances in which to use bots and everyone will have there own preference as to the type of ones they use so i want to try and create some example ones to cater for as many people as possible so im always happy for suggestions to be put forward on the main library page for future ones

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=11238
vladilyich

Tennis is a market I'd like to understand a bit more but I just dont have the understanding of the game,the markets or even the participants to get involved in. Although I found Peter's recent video about spotting 'sweet spots' in those markets interesting.

It reminds me of a simple trade I have seen used in 20/20 cricket where both teams are laid at 1.4-1.6 and then backed at something like 2.0-2.2. The theory behind this is that the games are almost always very close and both sides will be favourites and underdogs during the course of most matches,particularly as they almost always go to the last over and even the last ball of the game. Maybe something worth looking into?

I have also seen some Premier League Darts matches with wild swings and huge gaps in the markets when browsing them. I dont know anybody who trades Darts but I imagine there are opportunities there also.
vladilyich

t reminds me of a simple trade I have seen used in 20/20 cricket where both teams are laid at 1.4-1.6 and then backed at something like 2.0-2.2. The theory behind this is that the games are almost always very close and both sides will be favourites and underdogs during the course of most matches,particularly as they almost always go to the last over and even the last ball of the game. Maybe something worth looking into?

I'd like to maybe experiment this with the Tennis finals over the weekend and lay both players at 1.4-1.6 and back them at 1.8-2.0. with the hope that both players may be both favourites and underdogs at different times. Could you give me some advice on how to do this and also if the odds I am using are unrealistic relating to Tennis and may need to be changed.
Dallas

Tennis is a excellent sport to trade as its a fast moving game with only 2 selections so lots of price movement and opportunities to get in and out multiple times and there is always very high liquidity in the major tourneys.

If you watch some of the videos on BA TV there is plenty of tips and ideas as well as explanations on how the "Tennis Trader" feature of bet angel works and how it can be used to maximize profits.

It highly likely to be able to lay both selections around that price during a match especially when two equal players are playing each other but if you do you dont need to the back them at higher odds, once you have layed any two selections (in any market) below 2.0 you have a guaranteed profit.

I have added a few tennis automation files to the library
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=11238
vladilyich

Of course I only need to lay them! :oops:
betunfair

Hi Dallas - Thanks for the DOBing Automation Bot - Looks great - I have one question if I may - I am currently experimenting with it today in practice mode, and after some races I end up with the scenario shown below:

Does this mean that for each of those horses with a -£20 against them I would actually lose £20 for each of those horses from my Betfair account.

Thanks again.
Dallas

Yes thats correct
betunfair

I there anything I can do to help mitigate against this outcome - Cheers.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”