Lay the First to Trade at 2.0 Guardian Automation Bot

Desert Pilot

Thanks Dallas
NeilSpence

Hi Dallas,
You are certainly the mter of automation as well as patiently answering the mere mortals who keep asking similar questions...
That said, I have one for you.
When 1 horse hits £2 in running. I would like to lay that horse but only when a second horse hits 2. I appreciate this first horse could have drifted somewhat, but I don't really want to lay the horse hitting £2 blindly when it may not have any challenges. I have seen a couple of the other files but I think they seem to only BACK the 2nd one hitting 2.
If that makes sense, could you please let me know how to adjust this file, or perhaps there is a better one for me to use.
Thanks....
Neil
Dallas

NeilSpence wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:15 pm
Hi Dallas,
You are certainly the mter of automation as well as patiently answering the mere mortals who keep asking similar questions...
That said, I have one for you.
When 1 horse hits £2 in running. I would like to lay that horse but only when a second horse hits 2. I appreciate this first horse could have drifted somewhat, but I don't really want to lay the horse hitting £2 blindly when it may not have any challenges. I have seen a couple of the other files but I think they seem to only BACK the 2nd one hitting 2.
If that makes sense, could you please let me know how to adjust this file, or perhaps there is a better one for me to use.
Thanks....
Neil
Because of BF cross-matching, you won't get 2 runners hit 2.0s at the same time but its very easy to add a condition to test the price of another runner, all you need is a 'Fixed Odds Condition' set up as follows

Nominated selection 'By Position (order of Betfair Favouritism)' 2
Back price (or you can use lay or LTP)
is less than (whatever odds you want to use)
NeilSpence

Hi Dallas,
Thanks for your reply.
How do I make sure the horse that is laid is the one that had already hit less than 2? When the second one hits, the first one may have blown out and may not be the 2nd fav any more...
consult

Hi All
A newbie to the forum

My question for Dallas or anyone
Is is possible to play a laybet bet on the favourite just before the off and then offset with greening in play for 10ticks for a profit or loss of 10ticks

Regards Consult
Dallas

consult wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:30 pm
Hi All
A newbie to the forum

My question for Dallas or anyone
Is is possible to play a laybet bet on the favourite just before the off and then offset with greening in play for 10ticks for a profit or loss of 10ticks

Regards Consult
Yes, after selecting a 'Place lay bet' rule on the parameters tab in the global settings area use 'Offset bet with greening and stop' and set the number of ticks just below

Then add a keep all unmatched bets rule and arm it to trigger some time after your lay bet has

You might want to consider adding a green up rule if you loss exceeds -£X as a backup option in case your stop loss is not matched
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11488
consult

Thanks Dallas
robfosters

Is there any way of editing this rule so that Guardian only places the bet if the selection was not the pre-race favourite?
Dallas

robfosters wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:59 pm
Is there any way of editing this rule so that Guardian only places the bet if the selection was not the pre-race favourite?
Yes you can add a 'Set/modify signal' rule applied to the fav and trigger at post time (or start of the race)
On the signal tab set a signal on the selection

Then on your lay rule add a signal set condition
Signal named (whatever you called it above)
is NOT set with a value
Charles1980

Hi all,

Just tried to create this bot for Betdaq, but where this rule applies to ALL in betfair, on Betdaq I can only apply it to "Current, in row 1".

I've seen that alot of the automation features of betfair aren't available for betdaq, but this seems a strange feature to be missing. Is there a way round it?
Dallas

Charles1980 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:44 am
Hi all,

Just tried to create this bot for Betdaq, but where this rule applies to ALL in betfair, on Betdaq I can only apply it to "Current, in row 1".

I've seen that alot of the automation features of betfair aren't available for betdaq, but this seems a strange feature to be missing. Is there a way round it?
You can use 'By position 1 (In order of favouritism)'
Charles1980

Thanks v much. I'll give that a go. Haven't really tried Betdaq in running, I suspect this strategy is less likely to work where liquidity is lower, but maybe I underestimate Betdaq.
Dallas

Charles1980 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:02 am
Thanks v much. I'll give that a go. Haven't really tried Betdaq in running, I suspect this strategy is less likely to work where liquidity is lower, but maybe I underestimate Betdaq.
No your quite right, BD is very illiquid in running so I'd certainly start with small stakes
Hepburn

Hi im trying to get this to work to ignore the fav, but it dosent seem to be doing it.

But you can of course tell the automation to ignore it

If you add a set/modify signal applied to Betfair row1
arm it to trigger 1 just before the off
on the signal tab set a signal on the selection and give it a name (ie, lets call it 'ignore')

Then on the lay rule go on to the condition tab and add the following condition
Is the signal set on the selection
with the name 'Ignore'
NOT set with a value

What you basically doing is setting a signal on row then telling the lay rule only to trigger on selections in rows where the signal named 'ignore' (or whatever you call it) is NOT set
Do i set the time to ignore from 1 sec before till after the race?
Hepburn

Whenever i ask i question i seem to answer it myself. Yes is the answer lol :lol:

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”