Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:00 pm
On the selection or the market?
All three conditions need to test the selection
biddynz

Dallas wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:37 am
biddynz wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:28 am
That seems to just be firing in a back bet on number 1 and not waiting for anything to be layed first
Sorry also add a 'Number of place bet triggers condition is equal to 0
This stopped any triggering at all so changed it to equal to 1 and it seems to be working perfectly now.

Thank you.
Jasonffc1

Hello,

Has anyone done any data on this? With so much spare time on my hands thinking of crawling through results to check how results would be in line with what I have tweaked it with.

Cheers
Wkderridge

hi guys

trying to automate a lay the field bot, how do i set the bot to fire if the favs price is 3.75 or bigger, is it set a parameter of fixed odds condition that row 1 betfairs back price is greater than 3.7 is this correct

thanks in advance
Archery1969

Jasonffc1 wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:14 am
Hello,

Has anyone done any data on this? With so much spare time on my hands thinking of crawling through results to check how results would be in line with what I have tweaked it with.

Cheers
A blanket approach wont work long term. You need to look into the following:

- Race course. Some courses through up more < 2 losers than others
- Number of runners.
- Favourites price before the start.
- Distance of race.
- Type of race.

From my experience you need ALL of the following:

- Short race 1 mile or less
- Handicap race with no odds on favourite. Ideally all runners above 4.0 odds.
- 12 or more runners.
- Courses with short run in to the finish line off the bend.
Jasonffc1

Yeah of course I understand that. Wasn’t expecting it to work just like that.

I have fiddled around with it and added what I would like to it. Straight lay I think is best with no greening up and looking around the 1.3 mark to lay.

I think any race below 1m will best, will look into some tracks aswell, Naas off the top of my head could be a good one. Can always exclude the fav If too short pre off and can have him on side to come back and beat another runner.
Jasonffc1

Where can you go back and check who hit a certain price first? Historical data on betfair?
iangrant230

Hello, can you set a rule so the no trade will be placed if the SP fav is less than 2.5 even if that isnt the horse that does hit 2 first? So basically if there is a horse with less than 2.5 SP the bot knows not to make a trade at all on anything in the race.

Thanks
brains171090

Hi could really do with some help. I am new to automation so please bear with me. I am wanting the BOT to lay the first horse at 2.0 then offset to 20 Ticks with greening.

That part works fine however the issue I am having is the back bet been matched before the lay bet IE horse hits 2.0 rule triggers but is unmatched but offset goes in then back bet matches and horse doesnt come back below 2.0 and its a loser.

Is there anyway to either ensure my lay bet is matched before it offsets or better still set up a stop loss so I do not lose full back stake. Stop loss would also be useful in case horse hits 2.0 and carrys on dropping in price. Any help would be much appreciated.
Dallas

brains171090 wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:46 pm
Hi could really do with some help. I am new to automation so please bear with me. I am wanting the BOT to lay the first horse at 2.0 then offset to 20 Ticks with greening.

That part works fine however the issue I am having is the back bet been matched before the lay bet IE horse hits 2.0 rule triggers but is unmatched but offset goes in then back bet matches and horse doesnt come back below 2.0 and its a loser.

Is there anyway to either ensure my lay bet is matched before it offsets or better still set up a stop loss so I do not lose full back stake. Stop loss would also be useful in case horse hits 2.0 and carrys on dropping in price. Any help would be much appreciated.
You just need to enable fill/kill for the lay rule on the parameters tab of the rules editor
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11817
wicsj

Hi Dallas

A bit of help required please.

I am using this bot in a similar way to the last post. Ie I am laying the first horse to trade at a certain price and then offset with greening. It all works fine. However I would like to add in a rule that says if the favorite goes off below a certain price then the bot should not fire a trade in that race at all. Could you give me any guidance on if that is possible and how to do it please.

You will need to explain in lay mans terms as my automation skills are only at a very basic level of understanding.

Thanks
wicsj
Dallas

wicsj wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:43 am
Hi Dallas

A bit of help required please.

I am using this bot in a similar way to the last post. Ie I am laying the first horse to trade at a certain price and then offset with greening. It all works fine. However I would like to add in a rule that says if the favorite goes off below a certain price then the bot should not fire a trade in that race at all. Could you give me any guidance on if that is possible and how to do it please.

You will need to explain in lay mans terms as my automation skills are only at a very basic level of understanding.

Thanks
wicsj
You need to add a 'Set/Modify Signal' rule applied to the FAV and on the signal tab set a signal on the market
Also add a 'Fixed Odds Condition' to test the actual SP is greater than 'X'

Then on the original lay rule of this file add a 'Signal Set Condition'
to test the signal named (whatever you called it above)
Is set with a value

and thats all it needs
wicsj

Thanks Dallas

I have set that up and will test it today.

wicsj
wicsj

Hi Dallas

I have tried adding the rule as you suggested. I have tested and played around with it but now seem to have got to a place where nothing triggers at all. I have attached my rules file and hope you may be able to take a look at it for me.

I am trying to get the rule to fire in a lay bet at 2.32 and offset with greening at 2.88 (or 28 ticks) this seems have some potential in certain race types. However one of the things coming to light during my testing is for the bot not to fire if the fav pre race is under a certain price (i'm looking at 2.2 for the moment). Lots more testing and tweaking needed yet of course.

I have added the extra rule as you suggested, but clearly I have something wrong as it doesn't submit a bet at all now.

Finally one other question with this. When operating just the original rule alone. Sometimes the lay bet seems to fire very late. Long after the first runner has hit the trigger lay odds. Is there any way I can tighten that up at all.

Thanks in advance
wicsj
Lay the First to trade.baf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wicsj

Hi Dallas

I wonder, have you been able to take at this at all please?

wicsj

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”