Lay the First to Trade at 2.0 Guardian Automation Bot

gingerb5

Dallas wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:04 pm
gingerb5 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:44 pm

Hi Dallas
Does the attached file look correct to you??Lay the first to trade @ 3.5.baf
It's very close, I've just edited the fixed odds conditions on the first rule, so just do the same for the rest of them and that will be fine
Many thanks again Dallas..much appreciated ...i'll run it practice mode tomorrow and see how it goes!!
Dallas

gingerb5 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:25 pm
Dallas wrote:
gingerb5 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:44 pm

Hi Dallas
Does the attached file look correct to you??Lay the first to trade @ 3.5.baf
It's very close, I've just edited the fixed odds conditions on the first rule, so just do the same for the rest of them and that will be fine
Many thanks again Dallas..much appreciated ...i'll run it practice mode tomorrow and see how it goes!!
You're welcome

gingerb5

Dallas wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:27 pm
gingerb5 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:25 pm
Dallas wrote:

You're welcome

Hi dallas, Just thought i'd give you a quick update on how things went today.....So for the large part everything went really well, however occasionally I was getting matched @ odds well below the target of 3.5 (2.7, 2.6, 1.91 and even 1.02). I thought this may be down to 'allow rule to trigger wait time' currently set to 5 seconds, so I changed that to 0.5 and that seemed to do the trick for the next 5 or so races, but then I got a match of 3.0 on the following race and and while later a match of 2.9. So tried to fix that by adding a fixed odds condition 'Last traded price >3.4' .....haha i thought, that'll do it...but alas, that just stopped anything matching at all :-( ....There's probably a fix somewhere, if anyone has any ideas I'd be truly grateful!!!
Dallas

gingerb5 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:18 pm

Hi dallas, Just thought i'd give you a quick update on how things went today.....So for the large part everything went really well, however occasionally I was getting matched @ odds well below the target of 3.5 (2.7, 2.6, 1.91 and even 1.02). I thought this may be down to 'allow rule to trigger wait time' currently set to 5 seconds, so I changed that to 0.5 and that seemed to do the trick for the next 5 or so races, but then I got a match of 3.0 on the following race and and while later a match of 2.9. So tried to fix that by adding a fixed odds condition 'Last traded price >3.4' .....haha i thought, that'll do it...but alas, that just stopped anything matching at all :-( ....There's probably a fix somewhere, if anyone has any ideas I'd be truly grateful!!!
If the parameters are still the same, ie, lay at 3.5 if the price crashes through this then Betfair will always match you at the best price, so if/when you get matched at 2.7, 2.6 etc you're risking much less (for the same reward).

To get matched all the way down at 1.02 the horse must have come from the back late on and its price crashed right in.
If it went on to win you'll have lost £0.20, had you been matched at 3.5 where the bet was placed you'd have lost £25
gingerb5

Dallas wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:40 pm
gingerb5 wrote:

If the parameters are still the same, ie, lay at 3.5 if the price crashes through this then Betfair will always match you at the best price, so if/when you get matched at 2.7, 2.6 etc you're risking much less (for the same reward).

To get matched all the way down at 1.02 the horse must have come from the back late on and its price crashed right in.
If it went on to win you'll have lost £0.20, had you been matched at 3.5 where the bet was placed you'd have lost £25
Yep totally agree with you on that one Dallas. It just seemed that watching the odds live on betfair it (sometimes) didn't match the horse that was 1st to trade @3.5. Anyway, thank you so much for all your help, I'll keep plugging away :-)
Dallas

gingerb5 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:03 pm
Dallas wrote:
gingerb5 wrote:

Yep totally agree with you on that one Dallas. It just seemed that watching the odds live on betfair it (sometimes) didn't match the horse that was 1st to trade @3.5. Anyway, thank you so much for all your help, I'll keep plugging away :-)
If you watch them in Bet Angel on either the ladder or one-click screen while refreshing at 200ms you'll see how quick it happens.
The Betfair site only refreshes once per second so it could show 4.6 then go down to 3.15, 2.58, 3.95 and back out to 5.9 and you may only see 4.6 then 5.9 on the site
gingerb5

Dallas wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:32 pm
gingerb5 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:03 pm
Dallas wrote:

If you watch them in Bet Angel on either the ladder or one-click screen while refreshing at 200ms you'll see how quick it happens.
The Betfair site only refreshes once per second so it could show 4.6 then go down to 3.15, 2.58, 3.95 and back out to 5.9 and you may only see 4.6 then 5.9 on the site
Ahh, That would explain it then, and good to know...As I said Dallas, still pretty new to BA but learning loads of new things :D All the best
TheBillionCoinMan1

Thanks Dallas. I see your the go to guy on here! I'm new and experimenting :-)
Kvyat

Hi
What do you think about bot like this:
https://youtu.be/RSgPMRn3kIs
It placing back bet on Fav with odd 2 in play after some time from start of the race (3 min in this video)
I think that this is good idea but sure that there is some hidden parameters like book percentage and other horses odds
And can someone tell how I can set up condition which switching on only when 2nd fav odd higher or lower than some fixed digit? Is last traded price at pos 2 suitable for this?
TY
Dallas

Kvyat wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:15 am
Hi
What do you think about bot like this:

It placing back bet on Fav with odd 2 in play after some time from start of the race (3 min in this video)
I think that this is good idea but sure that there is some hidden parameters like book percentage and other horses odds
And can someone tell how I can set up condition which switching on only when 2nd fav odd higher or lower than some fixed digit? Is last traded price at pos 2 suitable for this?
TY
I wouldn't follow any advice from that YT user, they are nothing to do with Bet Angel (Peter has contacted YT and Facebook over them using the Bet Angel name).
It was even exposed in some of his videos he was using multiple instances at the same time some in practice mode and trying to overlap the screens so that all the big PM results appear to look real.
vl62250

Please, help! I want to make two lay bets on two horses in-play when the price of each of them drops below 1.6. How to make such a rule?
Jasonffc1

Hello,

I have added this file to my guardian but would like to tweak it a little.

I would like to add tick offset at 2.6 after laying it at 2.06. I have changed the 2.0 to 2.06. Do I have to add a new rule or when on the lay bet do I go to global settings and do it?

I would like to had a stop loss to if the selection goes to 1.5 before going out.

Can someone help please

Thanks
ScouseBeard

No need to create a new rule.

Go to your lay bet and go to the parameters tab.

Go down to were it says action, and change that to 'offset bet with stop'. Underneath that change the offest ticks to 27. Then underneath that, change the stop trigger ticks to 53, and the place at ticks to 53.

That should get you out at 2.6 or stop you at 1.5, if your lay bet goes off at 2.06
Jasonffc1

Thanks for the reply. I thought that was the case and had it set up as that, but nothing triggered last night on the AUS Racing? Not sure why

Thanks
biddynz

Hi,

I'm trying to lay all runners in play at $2 and then once matched placed a back bet on that runner/runners at a minimum $2 basically as soon as the lay has taken place. Basically not trying to green up just place a win bet on those who shorten and drift again very late in running.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”