Lay the First to Trade at 2.0 Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

Charles1980 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:44 am
Hi all,

Just tried to create this bot for Betdaq, but where this rule applies to ALL in betfair, on Betdaq I can only apply it to "Current, in row 1".

I've seen that alot of the automation features of betfair aren't available for betdaq, but this seems a strange feature to be missing. Is there a way round it?
You can use 'By position 1 (In order of favouritism)'
Charles1980

Thanks v much. I'll give that a go. Haven't really tried Betdaq in running, I suspect this strategy is less likely to work where liquidity is lower, but maybe I underestimate Betdaq.
Dallas

Charles1980 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:02 am
Thanks v much. I'll give that a go. Haven't really tried Betdaq in running, I suspect this strategy is less likely to work where liquidity is lower, but maybe I underestimate Betdaq.
No your quite right, BD is very illiquid in running so I'd certainly start with small stakes
Hepburn

Hi im trying to get this to work to ignore the fav, but it dosent seem to be doing it.

But you can of course tell the automation to ignore it

If you add a set/modify signal applied to Betfair row1
arm it to trigger 1 just before the off
on the signal tab set a signal on the selection and give it a name (ie, lets call it 'ignore')

Then on the lay rule go on to the condition tab and add the following condition
Is the signal set on the selection
with the name 'Ignore'
NOT set with a value

What you basically doing is setting a signal on row then telling the lay rule only to trigger on selections in rows where the signal named 'ignore' (or whatever you call it) is NOT set
Do i set the time to ignore from 1 sec before till after the race?
Hepburn

Whenever i ask i question i seem to answer it myself. Yes is the answer lol :lol:
gingerb5

Hi Dallas, great automation thanks....I'm trying to adapt the settings as to my own strategy , basically is there anyway of permanently excluding any horse who's SP is below certain odds.

IE: I want to place a lay bet on the first horse to trade @ 3.5, but exclude any horse who's SP is 4.0 or below at the off.
I know you can manually exclude horses but i'm trying to find a way to automate the program to run on all races with this criteria. Essentially so I can apply the rules to races in the morning and don't need to be around waiting for each race to go off.
Please be aware i'm a total newbie (3 days) :-)
Many thanks in advance
Glyn
Dallas

gingerb5 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:00 pm
Hi Dallas, great automation thanks....I'm trying to adapt the settings as to my own strategy , basically is there anyway of permanently excluding any horse who's SP is below certain odds.

IE: I want to place a lay bet on the first horse to trade @ 3.5, but exclude any horse who's SP is 4.0 or below at the off.
I know you can manually exclude horses but i'm trying to find a way to automate the program to run on all races with this criteria. Essentially so I can apply the rules to races in the morning and don't need to be around waiting for each race to go off.
Many thanks in advance
Glyn
It would just require a 'Fixed odds condition' adding to the rule to test if the selections 'Actual SP is greater than X'
However, this current rule triggers on the fav as only the fav can trade at and below 2.0

To use odds of 3.5 after adding that condition you'd also need to add a 'number of place bet triggers condition on market is equal 0', then need to change who the rule is applied to on the general tab to 'Betfair row index1'

After that click the two green arrows icon at the top of the rules editor window to duplicate the whole rule and change the new rule to apply to 'Betfair ow index2'
Then repeat that till you have one for at least the first 10 rows
gingerb5

Dallas wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:29 pm
gingerb5 wrote:

Many thanks in advance
Glyn
It would just require a 'Fixed odds condition' adding to the rule to test if the selections 'Actual SP is greater than X'
However, this current rule triggers on the fav as only the fav can trade at and below 2.0

To use odds of 3.5 after adding that condition you'd also need to add a 'number of place bet triggers condition on market is equal 0', then need to change who the rule is applied to on the general tab to 'Betfair row index1'

After that click the two green arrows icon at the top of the rules editor window to duplicate the whole rule and change the new rule to apply to 'Betfair ow index2'
Many Thanks Dallas...not sure i fully understand everything just yet, but i'll have a play around and see what results I get!!!
gingerb5

Lay the first to trade @ 3.5.baf
gingerb5 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:33 pm
Dallas wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:29 pm
gingerb5 wrote:

Many thanks in advance
Glyn

Many Thanks Dallas...not sure i fully understand everything just yet, but i'll have a play around and see what results I get!!!
Hi Dallas
Does the attached file look correct to you??
Lay the first to trade @ 3.5.baf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

gingerb5 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:44 pm

Hi Dallas
Does the attached file look correct to you??Lay the first to trade @ 3.5.baf
It's very close, I've just edited the fixed odds conditions on the first rule, so just do the same for the rest of them and that will be fine
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gingerb5

Dallas wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:04 pm
gingerb5 wrote:

Hi Dallas
It's very close, I've just edited the fixed odds conditions on the first rule, so just do the same for the rest of them and that will be fine
Many thanks again Dallas..much appreciated ...i'll run it practice mode tomorrow and see how it goes!!
Dallas

gingerb5 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:25 pm
Dallas wrote:
gingerb5 wrote:

Hi Dallas
Many thanks again Dallas..much appreciated ...i'll run it practice mode tomorrow and see how it goes!!
You're welcome

gingerb5

Dallas wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:27 pm
gingerb5 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:25 pm
Dallas wrote:

You're welcome

Hi dallas, Just thought i'd give you a quick update on how things went today.....So for the large part everything went really well, however occasionally I was getting matched @ odds well below the target of 3.5 (2.7, 2.6, 1.91 and even 1.02). I thought this may be down to 'allow rule to trigger wait time' currently set to 5 seconds, so I changed that to 0.5 and that seemed to do the trick for the next 5 or so races, but then I got a match of 3.0 on the following race and and while later a match of 2.9. So tried to fix that by adding a fixed odds condition 'Last traded price >3.4' .....haha i thought, that'll do it...but alas, that just stopped anything matching at all :-( ....There's probably a fix somewhere, if anyone has any ideas I'd be truly grateful!!!
Dallas

gingerb5 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:18 pm

Hi dallas, Just thought i'd give you a quick update on how things went today.....So for the large part everything went really well, however occasionally I was getting matched @ odds well below the target of 3.5 (2.7, 2.6, 1.91 and even 1.02). I thought this may be down to 'allow rule to trigger wait time' currently set to 5 seconds, so I changed that to 0.5 and that seemed to do the trick for the next 5 or so races, but then I got a match of 3.0 on the following race and and while later a match of 2.9. So tried to fix that by adding a fixed odds condition 'Last traded price >3.4' .....haha i thought, that'll do it...but alas, that just stopped anything matching at all :-( ....There's probably a fix somewhere, if anyone has any ideas I'd be truly grateful!!!
If the parameters are still the same, ie, lay at 3.5 if the price crashes through this then Betfair will always match you at the best price, so if/when you get matched at 2.7, 2.6 etc you're risking much less (for the same reward).

To get matched all the way down at 1.02 the horse must have come from the back late on and its price crashed right in.
If it went on to win you'll have lost £0.20, had you been matched at 3.5 where the bet was placed you'd have lost £25
gingerb5

Dallas wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:40 pm
gingerb5 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:18 pm

If the parameters are still the same, ie, lay at 3.5 if the price crashes through this then Betfair will always match you at the best price, so if/when you get matched at 2.7, 2.6 etc you're risking much less (for the same reward).

To get matched all the way down at 1.02 the horse must have come from the back late on and its price crashed right in.
If it went on to win you'll have lost £0.20, had you been matched at 3.5 where the bet was placed you'd have lost £25
Yep totally agree with you on that one Dallas. It just seemed that watching the odds live on betfair it (sometimes) didn't match the horse that was 1st to trade @3.5. Anyway, thank you so much for all your help, I'll keep plugging away :-)

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”