Back the Likely Winner Automation Bot for Horse Racing

Dallas

ubfxu wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:16 pm
Dallas wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:48 pm
Here you go, those instructions where given several months ago before the introduction of signals which is now a much better and cleaner way of achieving this so i have modified it slightly and used the signals to set a signal on the market and another on the actual 1st runner below 1.25 - the runners without this signal set which are also trading between 5.0 and 30.0 will then be layed.

I have only tested on 1 race but worked fine, let me know if you have any problems or there is something you dont understand.
Coming back to this very useful Automation File. Been playing around with various Conditions - it is looking quite promising when applied to AUS Racing.

Couple of things I wanted to check on.

1) What I want to do is to exclude any runners whose Actual SP is above or below a particular price.

Is the Actual SP available immediately when an event goes in-play? If so, then is it possible to include it as a Condition, eg:

Fixed Odds Condition - The Selections Actual SP <greater than/less than> x

and should I choose

"Current (ANY Selection)" OR "Nominated - Any Selection"

2) Just to cross-check that the above is working correctly (ie if its possible) - Does Betfair provide any results Service for UK/Irish Racing that shows the actual Betfair SP in Decimal Odds or Prices ?
1) It can just add it to the rule and it will auto select 'by position 1' as a default to begin with as that's who the rule is applied to
and that will stop it triggering on any selection that was below your SP min

If you want to ensure it doesn't trigger on a short priced horse to begin or one with an SP just above where its going to trigger with you can use signals to exclude them

for example if you wanted it to avoid runner with a SP below 2.0
You'd add a Set/Modify Signal rule (applied to the fav) at 00:00:10 before post till 00:00:00 after post
and on the signal tab set a signal on the selection (giving it any name you want)
The add your fixed odds condition the Actual SP is greater than 2.0

Finally on the back bet rule add a signal set condition
to test the signal named (whatever you called it)
is NOT set with a value

ie, if it is then the fav had a SP below 2.0 and therefore the rule can't trigger on it

2) You can get all historical SP data from here
https://promo.betfair.com/betfairsp/prices

Or use this tool to download it from the same place in bulk
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=14395
TallblokeUK

I've been testing this bot in its original unaltered state and it sort of does ok. So (somewhat obviously) I'm trying to think of a way to either make the bet a bit more accurate or reduce the loss when the horse gets beat at what must be the very last moment in some cases.

Like I said, obvious right!

So, I've read through the entire thread and it seems the 2 things that sounded promising are looking at the historic odds and giving it a few seconds to see if it should still trigger the bet i.e. :

Change the odds condition like so :

"Historic Fixed Odds Condition"
Selection by position (sorted in order of favourtism) 1
last traded price 5 secs ago is
Less than 1.35

This one I understand, you're looking to the horse that is in position 1 is still trading below 1.35 and then place the bet.

With regards to greening this looks like the setup that is most relevant :

Add a 'Close trade on selection with greening' rule
Applied to 'ANY' selection
Trigger 3 times
Rearm 3 secs

and add the following two conditions;

Number of place bets triggered
on selection
is greater than 0

Fixed odds condition
Back price
is greater than 3.0

So a couple of question as these posts were made a few years back!

Would they still work?
Would they work together
Are there any enhancements that could be made with the latest version of Bet Angel.
robchampion

TallblokeUK wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:29 pm
I've been testing this bot in its original unaltered state and it sort of does ok. So (somewhat obviously) I'm trying to think of a way to either make the bet a bit more accurate or reduce the loss when the horse gets beat at what must be the very last moment in some cases.

So, I've read through the entire thread and it seems the 2 things that sounded promising are looking at the historic odds and giving it a few seconds to see if it should still trigger the bet i.e. :

Less than 1.35

This one I understand, you're looking to the horse that is in position 1 is still trading below 1.35 and then place the bet.

Trigger 3 times
Rearm 3 secs

on selection
is greater than 0

Fixed odds condition
Back price
is greater than 3.0

Would they still work?
Would they work together
Are there any enhancements that could be made with the latest version of Bet Angel.
I have got this bot to win 98% of the time over many hundreds of races but you just can't legislate for runners that are miles clear but fall at the last.
TallblokeUK

Did you tweak it much or at all as that is significantly better than I have seen over a couple of hundred races!
TallblokeUK

robchampion wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:09 pm
TallblokeUK wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:29 pm

Less than 1.35

Trigger 3 times
Rearm 3 secs

on selection
is greater than 0

Fixed odds condition
Back price
is greater than 3.0

Would they still work?
Would they work together
I have got this bot to win 98% of the time over many hundreds of races but you just can't legislate for runners that are miles clear but fall at the last.
Does the "Close trade with greening rule" need any trigger times?
beermonsterman

I would say all rules are time dependant but if your looking for a certain green amount or red amount it will only trigger when that amount is met so I would arm it to be always armed on the time general screen as long as this suites your other rules
TallblokeUK

beermonsterman wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:09 pm
I would say all rules are time dependant but if your looking for a certain green amount or red amount it will only trigger when that amount is met so I would arm it to be always armed on the time general screen as long as this suites your other rules
Thanks, yes, I got it working, but it's not optimal. Not many examples but it triggered and then the horse came back to win meaning I lot on the lays!

Perhaps it needs a "history" rule to check it stays at the price for a few seconds like the back?
beermonsterman

Yes that's a good idea dont red out straight away as bots get triggered all the time with volatility but if you use a time frame then it can go against you then return back without triggering the stop I'm sure their is a topic on this somewhere in here
good luck
TallblokeUK

beermonsterman wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:03 am
Yes that's a good idea dont red out straight away as bots get triggered all the time with volatility but if you use a time frame then it can go against you then return back without triggering the stop I'm sure their is a topic on this somewhere in here
good luck
Just testing it in practice mode. First race, even with a 3 second delay it placed a lay bet and then the horse went on win.

Is it possible that with the three second delay the hostoric price could be greater than 3 but it has already moved back?

Should I also set a condition to say the current price and historic price need to be greater than 3?
TallblokeUK

Still tweaking this automation as a newbie it's amazing what you can tell from watching some numbers... mentally picturing what is going on in the race!

So things to work on would be...

1) What to do for the best if there are 2 close runners
2) How to protect yourself from a late surge by another horse from out of the blue.

Any insights on this would be greatly appreciated.

For (1)

Only place the Back bet if there is a gap between the horses in position 1 and position 2 of X but not sure if this would work or how to achieve it.

For (2)

I was thinking something along these lines, but... err... would it work and is it possible?

Look at horses in any position
Check there is no bet on the horse
If odds become better than the backed horse
Lay the backed horse

Once again, apologies for all the newbiw questions, hopefull someone else if benefiting from this as well :)
Derek2783

Is there anyway to set a condition that no other runner is currently less than odds of 2.0 at the time of placing the bet?

Basically ensuring all other runners are greater than 2.0?

thanks.
TallblokeUK

Derek2783 wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:57 pm
Is there anyway to set a condition that no other runner is currently less than odds of 2.0 at the time of placing the bet?

Basically ensuring all other runners are greater than 2.0?

thanks.
Funnily enough I did this today and I think it is working ;)

I did it for just those in position 2 & 3 though but in theory you would only need to do it for position 2 as anything after that would have a price greater than 2.0?

Fixed Odds Condition
Nominated Position 2 (Sorted in order of favoritism)
Back price greater than 2

*disclaimer* I'm super new to this!
iggypop37

2) How to protect yourself from a late surge by another horse from out of the blue.
there is another piece of automation on the forum "back the emerging challenger" for this scenario. It can be useful but the last few seconds of race can be very volatile. just remember to put signals on any horses backed so far, to prevent inadvertent re-backing.

Incidentally I was messing around with 'back the likely winner today' and even with some of the provisos and conditions talked about, a lot get overturned and you end up with a loss.

think it s a case of greening up for a smaller (minimal) loss than the whole caboodle.

Or perhaps, have a reverse 'back the emerging challenger' something like 'lay the donkey' (ahem) and lay any horse where odds are shooting out later on in the race ?
TallblokeUK

iggypop37 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:01 am
there is another piece of automation on the forum "back the emerging challenger" for this scenario. It can be useful but the last few seconds of race can be very volatile. just remember to put signals on any horses backed so far, to prevent inadvertent re-backing.

Incidentally I was messing around with 'back the likely winner today' and even with some of the provisos and conditions talked about, a lot get overturned and you end up with a loss.

think it s a case of greening up for a smaller (minimal) loss than the whole caboodle.

Or perhaps, have a reverse 'back the emerging challenger' something like 'lay the donkey' (ahem) and lay any horse where odds are shooting out later on in the race ?
I've been playing with it over a few days and hundreds of races running 24/7 to try and get some useful information.

This one is about shaving a bit off the top and a bit off the bottom to put you in a consistent profit and the upping your stake to the most that you can regularly match as far as I can see.

At the moment I'm backing the likely winner with a few rules in places, setting a signal and laying some other horses, but those guys can still go on to surprise you so I probably need to tweak the numbers a little to be a closer "donkey match" as you would put it :)
elofan0

Weight of money condition could also be added greater than 90%

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”