Back the Likely Winner Automation Bot for Horse Racing

Derek2783

Is there anyway to set a condition that no other runner is currently less than odds of 2.0 at the time of placing the bet?

Basically ensuring all other runners are greater than 2.0?

thanks.
TallblokeUK

Derek2783 wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:57 pm
Is there anyway to set a condition that no other runner is currently less than odds of 2.0 at the time of placing the bet?

Basically ensuring all other runners are greater than 2.0?

thanks.
Funnily enough I did this today and I think it is working ;)

I did it for just those in position 2 & 3 though but in theory you would only need to do it for position 2 as anything after that would have a price greater than 2.0?

Fixed Odds Condition
Nominated Position 2 (Sorted in order of favoritism)
Back price greater than 2

*disclaimer* I'm super new to this!
iggypop37

2) How to protect yourself from a late surge by another horse from out of the blue.
there is another piece of automation on the forum "back the emerging challenger" for this scenario. It can be useful but the last few seconds of race can be very volatile. just remember to put signals on any horses backed so far, to prevent inadvertent re-backing.

Incidentally I was messing around with 'back the likely winner today' and even with some of the provisos and conditions talked about, a lot get overturned and you end up with a loss.

think it s a case of greening up for a smaller (minimal) loss than the whole caboodle.

Or perhaps, have a reverse 'back the emerging challenger' something like 'lay the donkey' (ahem) and lay any horse where odds are shooting out later on in the race ?
TallblokeUK

iggypop37 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:01 am
2) How to protect yourself from a late surge by another horse from out of the blue.
there is another piece of automation on the forum "back the emerging challenger" for this scenario. It can be useful but the last few seconds of race can be very volatile. just remember to put signals on any horses backed so far, to prevent inadvertent re-backing.

Incidentally I was messing around with 'back the likely winner today' and even with some of the provisos and conditions talked about, a lot get overturned and you end up with a loss.

think it s a case of greening up for a smaller (minimal) loss than the whole caboodle.

Or perhaps, have a reverse 'back the emerging challenger' something like 'lay the donkey' (ahem) and lay any horse where odds are shooting out later on in the race ?
I've been playing with it over a few days and hundreds of races running 24/7 to try and get some useful information.

This one is about shaving a bit off the top and a bit off the bottom to put you in a consistent profit and the upping your stake to the most that you can regularly match as far as I can see.

At the moment I'm backing the likely winner with a few rules in places, setting a signal and laying some other horses, but those guys can still go on to surprise you so I probably need to tweak the numbers a little to be a closer "donkey match" as you would put it :)
elofan0

Weight of money condition could also be added greater than 90%
TallblokeUK

elofan0 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:41 am
Weight of money condition could also be added greater than 90%
On the likely winner?
elofan0

yes
elofan0

small return not saying works everytime
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TallblokeUK

elofan0 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:18 pm
small return not saying works everytime
Running as a servant rather than a Guardian Automation? What's the difference?
TallblokeUK

My current set up wins 73% of the time, but the losses are just fractionally ahead of the profits... working on it..

Greening was something I tried but never seemed to get it to work quite right.

At the moment I'm backing the likely winner then laying based on some rules to try and increase profit on a win and decrease loss on a late challenger taking it.
elofan0

the trouble with small amounts its harder to green up and you only need one to go wrong and puts you well back
in this trade ive just tried to add dallas other criteria of signaling if still clear fav or changes though not sure that would matter but maybe i possibilty that if the fav remains the fav to place the bet .. maybe dallas can input on that one ..
my setting in original file are for parameters is for
custom % below best market price 3%
fixed amount £10
conditions
market is in play
last traded price less than 1.25
weight of money greater than 90%
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TallblokeUK

When you say still the clear fave using the historic odds thing? That works ok for me. I look back 4 seconds to check the price was below the set value.
elofan0

not got that part working yet
elofan0

the problem im finding with this is if there are 2 horses too close at the end ..
iggypop37

elofan0 wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:08 pm
the problem im finding with this is if there are 2 horses too close at the end ..
yeah - it is a perennial issue. quite useful I think is to use a dutching automation rule on the top 3/4/5 horses as appropriate prior to post time and then use the back the likely winner rule to 'catch' any late potential winner that you hadn't dutched.

Again be careful to set a signal on the selections you initially dutched, to eliminate them
from any later backing

as with all these things though it isnt 100% reliable but should certainly mitigate losses.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”