Back the Likely Winner Automation Bot for Horse Racing

reids

15/11/2020 15:37:53: Guardian has detected that the market is suspended
15/11/2020 15:37:54: Guardian has detected that the market is in-play
15/11/2020 15:37:54: Guardian has detected that the market is now unsuspended
15/11/2020 15:41:34: [G_Auto] : £ 2.00 Back bet placed on Third Time Lucki at 1.2. Fully matched at 1.2. Ref: 216800586206
15/11/2020 15:42:12: Guardian has detected that the market is suspended

Signal again correctly didn't fire as Third Time Lucki was below the conditions set, yet it still didn't exclude Third Time Lucki and placed the bet when it shouldn't have. Baffling! Should the signal be set for selection or the market?
Dallas

reids wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:10 pm

I've synced it to double check, there's a few low price favourites in the next hour or so, so will see if that changes anything. It does correctly set and fire for races where the favourite is above 2.2 (such as the below 15.00 at Cheltenham), just doesn't seem to be excluding the favourite if it's below 2.2
You currently have it to test if the price is greater than 2.2, and that's what I was checking worked
If you want it to exclude runners where the fav is below 2.2 the condition needs changing to;
Less than 2.22
reids

Dallas wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:02 pm
reids wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:10 pm

I've synced it to double check, there's a few low price favourites in the next hour or so, so will see if that changes anything. It does correctly set and fire for races where the favourite is above 2.2 (such as the below 15.00 at Cheltenham), just doesn't seem to be excluding the favourite if it's below 2.2
You currently have it to test if the price is greater than 2.2, and that's what I was checking worked
If you want it to exclude runners where the fav is below 2.2 the condition needs changing to;
Less than 2.22
Aha! Perfect, knew I messed it up somehow and that looks like the answer! Many thanks!
LucienFreo

Hi,
For me this bot works well even with the "time" condition.
So I would like to know how it is possible to change the stake depending if the last bet with the bot is win or loose.
Thanks by advance.
Lucien
wearthefoxhat

@Dallas,

I'm testing out the original bot settings on page 1, by nominating a selection to be backed in-play. (not just anything)

The test includes, backing In-Play with 2 (fixed odds conditions) one for the Actual BSP to be in certain range and one for the Lay Price trigger as per the original bot.

The reasoning is the selection, although fancied to win, needs to be a value BSP and be confirmed to be running well In-Play.
Dallas

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:40 pm
@Dallas,

I'm testing out the original bot settings on page 1, by nominating a selection to be backed in-play. (not just anything)

The test includes, backing In-Play with 2 (fixed odds conditions) one for the Actual BSP to be in certain range and one for the Lay Price trigger as per the original bot.

The reasoning is the selection, although fancied to win, needs to be a value BSP and be confirmed to be running well In-Play.
Good luck

shankslegend

wearthefoxhat wrote:
@Dallas,

Any news on this, was really enjoying this but it seems to of gone a bit hay wire
Dallas

shankslegend wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:07 pm
wearthefoxhat wrote:
@Dallas,

Any news on this, was really enjoying this but it seems to of gone a bit hay wire
Betfair started having problems around 13:20 which lasted till 14:10 today, if the bot starting going wrong during then that will be the cause
shankslegend

I think it started a bit earlier than that
ubfxu

Dallas wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:48 pm
Here you go, those instructions where given several months ago before the introduction of signals which is now a much better and cleaner way of achieving this so i have modified it slightly and used the signals to set a signal on the market and another on the actual 1st runner below 1.25 - the runners without this signal set which are also trading between 5.0 and 30.0 will then be layed.

I have only tested on 1 race but worked fine, let me know if you have any problems or there is something you dont understand.
Coming back to this very useful Automation File. Been playing around with various Conditions - it is looking quite promising when applied to AUS Racing.

Couple of things I wanted to check on.

1) What I want to do is to exclude any runners whose Actual SP is above or below a particular price.

Is the Actual SP available immediately when an event goes in-play? If so, then is it possible to include it as a Condition, eg:

Fixed Odds Condition - The Selections Actual SP <greater than/less than> x

and should I choose

"Current (ANY Selection)" OR "Nominated - Any Selection"

2) Just to cross-check that the above is working correctly (ie if its possible) - Does Betfair provide any results Service for UK/Irish Racing that shows the actual Betfair SP in Decimal Odds or Prices ?
Dallas

ubfxu wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:16 pm
Dallas wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:48 pm
Here you go, those instructions where given several months ago before the introduction of signals which is now a much better and cleaner way of achieving this so i have modified it slightly and used the signals to set a signal on the market and another on the actual 1st runner below 1.25 - the runners without this signal set which are also trading between 5.0 and 30.0 will then be layed.

I have only tested on 1 race but worked fine, let me know if you have any problems or there is something you dont understand.
Coming back to this very useful Automation File. Been playing around with various Conditions - it is looking quite promising when applied to AUS Racing.

Couple of things I wanted to check on.

1) What I want to do is to exclude any runners whose Actual SP is above or below a particular price.

Is the Actual SP available immediately when an event goes in-play? If so, then is it possible to include it as a Condition, eg:

Fixed Odds Condition - The Selections Actual SP <greater than/less than> x

and should I choose

"Current (ANY Selection)" OR "Nominated - Any Selection"

2) Just to cross-check that the above is working correctly (ie if its possible) - Does Betfair provide any results Service for UK/Irish Racing that shows the actual Betfair SP in Decimal Odds or Prices ?
1) It can just add it to the rule and it will auto select 'by position 1' as a default to begin with as that's who the rule is applied to
and that will stop it triggering on any selection that was below your SP min

If you want to ensure it doesn't trigger on a short priced horse to begin or one with an SP just above where its going to trigger with you can use signals to exclude them

for example if you wanted it to avoid runner with a SP below 2.0
You'd add a Set/Modify Signal rule (applied to the fav) at 00:00:10 before post till 00:00:00 after post
and on the signal tab set a signal on the selection (giving it any name you want)
The add your fixed odds condition the Actual SP is greater than 2.0

Finally on the back bet rule add a signal set condition
to test the signal named (whatever you called it)
is NOT set with a value

ie, if it is then the fav had a SP below 2.0 and therefore the rule can't trigger on it

2) You can get all historical SP data from here
https://promo.betfair.com/betfairsp/prices

Or use this tool to download it from the same place in bulk
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=14395
TallblokeUK

I've been testing this bot in its original unaltered state and it sort of does ok. So (somewhat obviously) I'm trying to think of a way to either make the bet a bit more accurate or reduce the loss when the horse gets beat at what must be the very last moment in some cases.

Like I said, obvious right!

So, I've read through the entire thread and it seems the 2 things that sounded promising are looking at the historic odds and giving it a few seconds to see if it should still trigger the bet i.e. :

Change the odds condition like so :

"Historic Fixed Odds Condition"
Selection by position (sorted in order of favourtism) 1
last traded price 5 secs ago is
Less than 1.35

This one I understand, you're looking to the horse that is in position 1 is still trading below 1.35 and then place the bet.

With regards to greening this looks like the setup that is most relevant :

Add a 'Close trade on selection with greening' rule
Applied to 'ANY' selection
Trigger 3 times
Rearm 3 secs

and add the following two conditions;

Number of place bets triggered
on selection
is greater than 0

Fixed odds condition
Back price
is greater than 3.0

So a couple of question as these posts were made a few years back!

Would they still work?
Would they work together
Are there any enhancements that could be made with the latest version of Bet Angel.
robchampion

TallblokeUK wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:29 pm
I've been testing this bot in its original unaltered state and it sort of does ok. So (somewhat obviously) I'm trying to think of a way to either make the bet a bit more accurate or reduce the loss when the horse gets beat at what must be the very last moment in some cases.

So, I've read through the entire thread and it seems the 2 things that sounded promising are looking at the historic odds and giving it a few seconds to see if it should still trigger the bet i.e. :

Less than 1.35

This one I understand, you're looking to the horse that is in position 1 is still trading below 1.35 and then place the bet.

Trigger 3 times
Rearm 3 secs

on selection
is greater than 0

Fixed odds condition
Back price
is greater than 3.0

Would they still work?
Would they work together
Are there any enhancements that could be made with the latest version of Bet Angel.
I have got this bot to win 98% of the time over many hundreds of races but you just can't legislate for runners that are miles clear but fall at the last.
TallblokeUK

Did you tweak it much or at all as that is significantly better than I have seen over a couple of hundred races!
TallblokeUK

robchampion wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:09 pm
TallblokeUK wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:29 pm

Less than 1.35

Trigger 3 times
Rearm 3 secs

on selection
is greater than 0

Fixed odds condition
Back price
is greater than 3.0

Would they still work?
Would they work together
I have got this bot to win 98% of the time over many hundreds of races but you just can't legislate for runners that are miles clear but fall at the last.
Does the "Close trade with greening rule" need any trigger times?

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”