Back the Likely Winner Automation Bot for Horse Racing

TallblokeUK

elofan0 wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:59 pm
also the sprint races maybe the ones to cause a loss as they are fast races all closing at the end
need a rule where as no bet if 2 runners are there at the end
I was just looking into that scenario (or similar) where all the runners are really close.

You've backed the favourites pre-off, your back bet triggers in race... and then a 5th horse goes and wins.

Sunset Eyes 9 0.22 Back -0.22
Pearl Of Asia 6.40 0.31 Back -0.31
Spydas Corner 3.15 0.63 Back -0.63
Winter Storm 34 0.62 Back -0.62 (In-Running Back Bet)

Of course, if that in-running bet had come in ;)
elofan0

yes in a fast run race like a sprint there is no time to look at signals the race would be over so an automation rule is needed like the one that looks to see if clear fav at the beginning of the race also needs to be towards the end of the race so the bet doesnt trigger ie if fav less than 1.25 for instance nothing is in the vercinity
TallblokeUK

elofan0 wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:17 pm
yes in a fast run race like a sprint there is no time to look at signals the race would be over so an automation rule is needed like the one that looks to see if clear fav at the beginning of the race also needs to be towards the end of the race so the bet doesnt trigger ie if fav less than 1.25 for instance nothing is in the vercinity
The in-running back is at 1.4 at the moment, too high you think?
elofan0

yeah but if your in profit your doing good ... small odds, small returns using big stakes wipes out the good trades unfortunately ...
TallblokeUK

Profit, not yet, but working on it!

Happy with small profits across many races, but for that to work need a good strike rate ;)
TallblokeUK

I'm, wondering if it is worth backing more pre-off or not, might test that in practice mode to see what it does :)
TallblokeUK

TallblokeUK wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:40 pm
I'm, wondering if it is worth backing more pre-off or not, might test that in practice mode to see what it does :)
Oh..and races starting late, that would surely mess things a bit?
iggypop37

elofan0 wrote:
also the sprint races maybe the ones to cause a loss as they are fast races all closing at the end
also need a rule that if a selection remains the favourite all the race
in theory back the likely winner should go on in the last few seconds anyway, at least the original version did - most of the time. I have had a very low odds-on fav where the likely winner bet went on before half - distance and it then got turned over right at the end.

There is a database somewhere showing typical times for races at different tracks. In theory you would have a different piece of automation for every race length at every track - certainly for sprints - and you could time it so the rule was active after a certain time eg last 1/4 of or 1/5 race in play time.

as regards 2 runners there at the end I think Dallas said to put a condition on second placed horse being over 2.00 or similar for your final bet to go on.

but its very hard to cover all eventualities ...

as regards checking to see if fav has been the fav all race that is more tricky. probably best to do it via signals - somehow ... Maybe better minds than mine can have a think
iggypop37

as regards checking to see if fav has been the fav all race that is more tricky. probably best to do it via signals - somehow ... Maybe better minds than mine can have a think
Got it . I think.

if you had a signal named 'fav' and used a counter for betangel to check 1st placed horse every couple of seconds and to increment the signal value on that horse accordingly you would soon get a picture of how dominant the horse has been by the signal value when the bet goes on. Again it goes back to race length. Or I suppose you could put a condition on the fav value for all other runners being zero ?
TallblokeUK

as regards 2 runners there at the end I think Dallas said to put a condition on second placed horse being over 2.00 or similar for your final bet to go on.
Yup, I've got that running as well.

To be honest the in play back bet is more of a "hedge" that could mitigate some loss rather then make a profit... or at least that is what it seems like!
Dallas

iggypop37 wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:51 pm
elofan0 wrote:
also need a rule that if a selection remains the favourite all the race
in theory back the likely winner should go on in the last few seconds anyway, at least the original version did - most of the time. I have had a very low odds-on fav where the likely winner bet went on before half - distance and it then got turned over right at the end.

There is a database somewhere showing typical times for races at different tracks. In theory you would have a different piece of automation for every race length at every track - certainly for sprints - and you could time it so the rule was active after a certain time eg last 1/4 of or 1/5 race in play time.

but its very hard to cover all eventualities ...

Just looked in on these last few posts and spotted your last paragraph, you are indeed right about signals for this and there's another example that does exactly that which you can download from here
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=15573

It looks from 10secs into a race but you can edit that to start looking at the off or pre-off or whenever you want

Also 2nd post of this thread has a spreadsheet with the standard times for all distances and courses
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=11627
elofan0

there is some good input on this by all ... though the closing of the race especially in a sprint can change dramatically .. as a guide its roughly about 12 secs a furlong depending on the course
SusieL

If the last traded price of the leading horse is 1.25 and I ask for the best price when it reaches 1.25 - is there a way to ensure that price is 1.25 or less? i.e if the best price actually goes above 1.25 I want to reject it. Thanks
Dallas

SusieL wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:50 pm
If the last traded price of the leading horse is 1.25 and I ask for the best price when it reaches 1.25 - is there a way to ensure that price is 1.25 or less? i.e if the best price actually goes above 1.25 I want to reject it. Thanks
Short answer is no

You can ask it to trigger and place the bet once the price has hit 1.25 (then hope its matched)

But if the price starts to drift during Betfair 1 second in-running bet delay you will be matched at whatever the best price is

Ignoring the in-play delay part your basically asking if the bet can be returned/cancelled if the price drifts straight after you've backed it

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”