Back 2 Lay the Front Runner Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

andy28 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:34 am
Looks like it didn't "Keep" the lay bet when it went in play.
Make sure you are refreshing the markets in Guardian fast enough that all rules are able to trigger
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11491
paul161270

Hi @Dallas, I was reading this thread as am very interested in the bot. Has it been amended recently with enhancements given problems that have occurred?

Thanks, Paul
Dallas

paul161270 wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:13 pm
Hi @Dallas, I was reading this thread as am very interested in the bot. Has it been amended recently with enhancements given problems that have occurred?

Thanks, Paul
The bot in the OP is still the original one and that has always worked perfectly 100% of the time, (every bot I upload gets thoroughly tested before being posted and will work exactly as described in the description text in the OP).

The problems only occur when/if someone makes a mistake while making some edits to them, but that's easily resolved once the changes they made are shared
paul161270

Many thanks @Dallas I will give it a go with Pacecards
thanks again
Paul
paul161270

Hi there @Dallas, I was eager to give the ago and tried twice today. Note did not change anything in the file.

The first one did not trigger and I thought there was some sort of human error and tried again with the second one - again it did not trigger.

Again nothing changed just imported and applied the rule and nominated the horse.

Thanks
Paul
Dallas

paul161270 wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:30 pm
Hi there @Dallas, I was eager to give the ago and tried twice today. Note did not change anything in the file.

The first one did not trigger and I thought there was some sort of human error and tried again with the second one - again it did not trigger.

Again nothing changed just imported and applied the rule and nominated the horse.

Thanks
Paul
See the reply and link in the top post of this page
If you're still using the 1 second Guardian default refresh rate that's way to slow for this and it should be no more than 200ms and preferable 20ms depending on how many markets you have in Guardian
paul161270

okay, will research more and try again tomorrow, thanks again

Paul
paul161270

hi there Dallas, today I did the same and two more choices - beither fired.

I took your advice and changed the refresh interval. Nothing else was changed from your bot.
Does it need to go into testing again?

thanks
Paul
Capturenew.PNG
Capturenew.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

paul161270 wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:30 pm
hi there Dallas, today I did the same and two more choices - beither fired.

I took your advice and changed the refresh interval. Nothing else was changed from your bot.
Does it need to go into testing again?

thanks
Paul

Capturenew.PNG

Capturenew.PNG
How many runners was it meant to trigger on?
What was in the remaining columns out of view in your screenshot
paul161270

Was meant to fire on one runner only.

Nothing in any of the other columns.

Thanks for the support Paul
Dallas

paul161270 wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:07 pm
Was meant to fire on one runner only.

Nothing in any of the other columns.

Thanks for the support Paul
You need to nominate the runner/s you want it to trigger on in the 'Automation Nominated Selection 1 and 2', (see the image in the OP next to the download link).
If those are left blank then it'll just skip that race and won't trigger on any runners
Morrid4

Hi Dallas,
Thanks for this excellent piece of automation which has really helped my understanding of the whole process.

Been testing it recently and results have been positive once I ironed out a few bugs in my logic and greening steps.
I added these to protect against large losses as it was too hit and miss for my strategy to just leave it open always. See my automation below.
Automation logic.JPG
Below is a snip of an issue which I have seen once or twice now (from a few hundred races) where one of my chosen picks will lay twice in error and leave me hugely exposed.
The log itself.JPG
2nd Lay fired.JPG
Is this occuring because I have it set to green and trigger twice? Is it a case that it sometimes attempts that 2nd green and fires an actual lay bet because of some spikes in the market or other issue which means it doesn't confirm the first bet?

I had no other market close to this one at the time and my refresh rates are all in order but not certain of the problem. Any thoughts or other information you need?
Thanking you,
Dave
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Morrid4 wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:38 pm
Hi Dallas,
Thanks for this excellent piece of automation which has really helped my understanding of the whole process.

Been testing it recently and results have been positive once I ironed out a few bugs in my logic and greening steps.
I added these to protect against large losses as it was too hit and miss for my strategy to just leave it open always. See my automation below.
Automation logic.JPG
Below is a snip of an issue which I have seen once or twice now (from a few hundred races) where one of my chosen picks will lay twice in error and leave me hugely exposed.
The log itself.JPG
2nd Lay fired.JPG
Is this occuring because I have it set to green and trigger twice? Is it a case that it sometimes attempts that 2nd green and fires an actual lay bet because of some spikes in the market or other issue which means it doesn't confirm the first bet?

I had no other market close to this one at the time and my refresh rates are all in order but not certain of the problem. Any thoughts or other information you need?
Thanking you,
Dave
What re-arm time are you ising for the in-play green up rule?
and do you have the box ticked which 'Add's markets in-play delay' to the re-arm time?
Morrid4

Dallas wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:48 pm
Morrid4 wrote:
Hi Dallas,

Automation logic.JPG
The log itself.JPG
2nd Lay fired.JPG

Thanking you,
Dave
and do you have the box ticked which 'Add's markets in-play delay' to the re-arm time?
As always, thanks for the prompt reply Dallas, afraid I was away most of the day.
In answer to above, I am using 3 secs and allowed it to trigger twice in case the first didn't catch. Down to my fundamental understanding maybe but is that too short a rearm time and maybe I should go 5 or 7?
No, I hadn't the betting delay ticked. I suppose ticking the box would also probably do the trick?
Automation Detail of Greening rule.JPG
Dallas

Morrid4 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:31 pm
Dallas wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:48 pm
Morrid4 wrote:
Hi Dallas,

Automation logic.JPG
The log itself.JPG
2nd Lay fired.JPG

Thanking you,
Dave
As always, thanks for the prompt reply Dallas, afraid I was away most of the day.
In answer to above, I am using 3 secs and allowed it to trigger twice in case the first didn't catch. Down to my fundamental understanding maybe but is that too short a rearm time and maybe I should go 5 or 7?
No, I hadn't the betting delay ticked. I suppose ticking the box would also probably do the trick?
Automation Detail of Greening rule.JPG
No, using a 3 sec rearm time is fine in horse racing markets
I did notice you have 2 green all selections rules in that file, what conditions do each use?
It probable that they both triggered at almost the same time

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”