Back 2 Lay the Front Runner Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

paul161270 wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:07 pm
Was meant to fire on one runner only.

Nothing in any of the other columns.

Thanks for the support Paul
You need to nominate the runner/s you want it to trigger on in the 'Automation Nominated Selection 1 and 2', (see the image in the OP next to the download link).
If those are left blank then it'll just skip that race and won't trigger on any runners
Morrid4

Hi Dallas,
Thanks for this excellent piece of automation which has really helped my understanding of the whole process.

Been testing it recently and results have been positive once I ironed out a few bugs in my logic and greening steps.
I added these to protect against large losses as it was too hit and miss for my strategy to just leave it open always. See my automation below.
Automation logic.JPG
Below is a snip of an issue which I have seen once or twice now (from a few hundred races) where one of my chosen picks will lay twice in error and leave me hugely exposed.
The log itself.JPG
2nd Lay fired.JPG
Is this occuring because I have it set to green and trigger twice? Is it a case that it sometimes attempts that 2nd green and fires an actual lay bet because of some spikes in the market or other issue which means it doesn't confirm the first bet?

I had no other market close to this one at the time and my refresh rates are all in order but not certain of the problem. Any thoughts or other information you need?
Thanking you,
Dave
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Morrid4 wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:38 pm
Hi Dallas,
Thanks for this excellent piece of automation which has really helped my understanding of the whole process.

Been testing it recently and results have been positive once I ironed out a few bugs in my logic and greening steps.
I added these to protect against large losses as it was too hit and miss for my strategy to just leave it open always. See my automation below.
Automation logic.JPG
Below is a snip of an issue which I have seen once or twice now (from a few hundred races) where one of my chosen picks will lay twice in error and leave me hugely exposed.
The log itself.JPG
2nd Lay fired.JPG
Is this occuring because I have it set to green and trigger twice? Is it a case that it sometimes attempts that 2nd green and fires an actual lay bet because of some spikes in the market or other issue which means it doesn't confirm the first bet?

I had no other market close to this one at the time and my refresh rates are all in order but not certain of the problem. Any thoughts or other information you need?
Thanking you,
Dave
What re-arm time are you ising for the in-play green up rule?
and do you have the box ticked which 'Add's markets in-play delay' to the re-arm time?
Morrid4

Dallas wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:48 pm
Morrid4 wrote:
Hi Dallas,

Automation logic.JPG
The log itself.JPG
2nd Lay fired.JPG

Thanking you,
Dave
and do you have the box ticked which 'Add's markets in-play delay' to the re-arm time?
As always, thanks for the prompt reply Dallas, afraid I was away most of the day.
In answer to above, I am using 3 secs and allowed it to trigger twice in case the first didn't catch. Down to my fundamental understanding maybe but is that too short a rearm time and maybe I should go 5 or 7?
No, I hadn't the betting delay ticked. I suppose ticking the box would also probably do the trick?
Automation Detail of Greening rule.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Morrid4 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:31 pm
Dallas wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:48 pm
Morrid4 wrote:
Hi Dallas,

Automation logic.JPG
The log itself.JPG
2nd Lay fired.JPG

Thanking you,
Dave
As always, thanks for the prompt reply Dallas, afraid I was away most of the day.
In answer to above, I am using 3 secs and allowed it to trigger twice in case the first didn't catch. Down to my fundamental understanding maybe but is that too short a rearm time and maybe I should go 5 or 7?
No, I hadn't the betting delay ticked. I suppose ticking the box would also probably do the trick?
Automation Detail of Greening rule.JPG
No, using a 3 sec rearm time is fine in horse racing markets
I did notice you have 2 green all selections rules in that file, what conditions do each use?
It probable that they both triggered at almost the same time
Morrid4

The first is a Hedge Profit rule that just greens all selections if a profit of X is reached (it did not fire in the cases where two lays occured)
Hedge Profit detail.JPG
The second is a Hedge Loss rule that greens all selsctions if a loss of X is reached (also did not fire from what I can see)
Hedge Loss detail.JPG
They are both separated in terms of time active by 5 seconds from the final 'Green all selections' rule which is there to just ensure that I have a greened up market.

Should I just change the final 'Green all selections' to only fire once? I know it might miss an odd time in running but so be it. I would prefer that to a double lay at a possible large exposure.
Thanks a million Dallas.....this stuff is invaluable to me sticking at it!
Dallas

Morrid4 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:54 am
The first is a Hedge Profit rule that just greens all selections if a profit of X is reached (it did not fire in the cases where two lays occured)
Hedge Profit detail.JPG
The second is a Hedge Loss rule that greens all selsctions if a loss of X is reached (also did not fire from what I can see)
Hedge Loss detail.JPG
They are both separated in terms of time active by 5 seconds from the final 'Green all selections' rule which is there to just ensure that I have a greened up market.

Should I just change the final 'Green all selections' to only fire once? I know it might miss an odd time in running but so be it. I would prefer that to a double lay at a possible large exposure.
Just looking back your log and although the error message from Betfair is fairly generic and covers a range of scenario's one of the most common is the first bet was in the process of being matched (but the updated P/L has not been sent back to BA yet), and therefore the second triggered thinking there was still something to green up - but couldn't cancel the previous as it was now being matched

Unfortunately there's nothing much you can do in these situations, although rare there will be times when one bet begins to get matched as another is triggered.

You could add more triggers but you might still come across this even if even less often, ie, even if you add 20 triggers, 18 might not get matched, the 19th begins to be matched then the 20th triggers and you still end up with a double be
Morrid4

Dallas wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:41 am
Morrid4 wrote:
Hedge Profit detail.JPG
Hedge Loss detail.JPG

Just looking back your log and although the error message from Betfair is fairly generic and covers a range of scenario's one of the most common is the first bet was in the process of being matched (but the updated P/L has not been sent back to BA yet), and therefore the second triggered thinking there was still something to green up - but couldn't cancel the previous as it was now being matched

Unfortunately there's nothing much you can do in these situations, although rare there will be times when one bet begins to get matched as another is triggered.

You could add more triggers but you might still come across this even if even less often, ie, even if you add 20 triggers, 18 might not get matched, the 19th begins to be matched then the 20th triggers and you still end up with a double be

Ok, I get you.
If I elongate the time between the two green all selections though it should lower the chance of this happening? I know you can't guarantee but I'd like to lower it to happening v. rarely.
Thanks again for everything.
You are an amazing help here.
Dave
Dallas

Morrid4 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:23 pm
Dallas wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:41 am
Morrid4 wrote:
Hedge Profit detail.JPG
Hedge Loss detail.JPG

Ok, I get you.
If I elongate the time between the two green all selections though it should lower the chance of this happening? I know you can't guarantee but I'd like to lower it to happening v. rarely.
Thanks again for everything.
You are an amazing help here.
Dave
Not really, on this occasion your rearm time was 3 secs (which is perfectly fine for in-running horse racing), it just happened to be that the previous green up attempt started getting matched at exactly the time the rule rearmed and was ready to trigger

You could set the re-arm time to 60secs and a green up attempt could sit there unmatched for 59seces then 1 second later start getting matched - just as the rule re-arms and places another
colon100

Hi Guys,
Not sure if I'm missing something, but the following scenario has happened many times today.
Under Matched Bets in Guardian there is always a BACK Bet, but never a LAY BET.
The only way I seem to get a collect is when my selection actually wins the race.
If my selection doesn't win the race, I always lose my Stake.
From what I've read, I'm not sure that's how the "Back 2 Lay the Front Runner" is supposed to work.
Is it?

21/02/2024 07:39:05: Guardian has detected that the market is suspended
21/02/2024 07:39:06: Guardian has detected that the market is now unsuspended
21/02/2024 15:52:27: Guardian has detected that the market is suspended
21/02/2024 15:52:29: Guardian has detected that the market is now unsuspended
21/02/2024 15:59:50: [G_Auto 1] : $ 10.50 Back bet placed on 4. Leons Shout at 5. Fully matched at 5. Ref: 338962351065 ( Offsetting by 30 ticks with greening. )
21/02/2024 15:59:50: [G_Auto 1] : $ 17.50 Lay bet placed on 4. Leons Shout at 3. Entirely unmatched when it initially reached the market. Ref: 338962351187
21/02/2024 16:00:49: Guardian has detected that the market is suspended
21/02/2024 16:00:50: Guardian has detected that the market is in-play
21/02/2024 16:00:50: Guardian has detected that the market is now unsuspended
21/02/2024 16:02:11: Guardian has detected that the market is suspended
Dallas

colon100 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:04 am
Hi Guys,
Not sure if I'm missing something, but the following scenario has happened many times today.
Under Matched Bets in Guardian there is always a BACK Bet, but never a LAY BET.
The only way I seem to get a collect is when my selection actually wins the race.
If my selection doesn't win the race, I always lose my Stake.
From what I've read, I'm not sure that's how the "Back 2 Lay the Front Runner" is supposed to work.
Is it?

21/02/2024 07:39:05: Guardian has detected that the market is suspended
21/02/2024 07:39:06: Guardian has detected that the market is now unsuspended
21/02/2024 15:52:27: Guardian has detected that the market is suspended
21/02/2024 15:52:29: Guardian has detected that the market is now unsuspended
21/02/2024 15:59:50: [G_Auto 1] : $ 10.50 Back bet placed on 4. Leons Shout at 5. Fully matched at 5. Ref: 338962351065 ( Offsetting by 30 ticks with greening. )
21/02/2024 15:59:50: [G_Auto 1] : $ 17.50 Lay bet placed on 4. Leons Shout at 3. Entirely unmatched when it initially reached the market. Ref: 338962351187
21/02/2024 16:00:49: Guardian has detected that the market is suspended
21/02/2024 16:00:50: Guardian has detected that the market is in-play
21/02/2024 16:00:50: Guardian has detected that the market is now unsuspended
21/02/2024 16:02:11: Guardian has detected that the market is suspended
Your log is showing the lay bet rule is triggering and the bet is being placed but is then getting cancelled when the race is turned in-running.

Assuming you haven't edited the file at all a 'Keep unmatched bets' should trigger at post time, its armed for 21 seconds so if you haven't edited the file the only reason for it not triggering is if your refresh rate is set to slow for the amount of markets you have in Guardian

The following post explains how Guardian cycles and refreshes markets and how this impacts on automation rules, it also shows what/were the options to ensure your Guardian is set up correctly and optimized for the rules you are running
viewtopic.php?t=11491
colon100

Thanks for getting back to me.

No, I definitely haven't changed the File, but I'll download and Import again, just to be on the safe side.

Note that I have set the Guardian Refresh Rate to be 20ms, as per suggestions in other Posts.
colon100

Hi Guys.
Just confirming that I have downloaded the .baf again, and imported it again.
I have also checked the Refresh Rate and it is set to 20ms.
I still have the save issue - no LAY Bets are being placed.
thepressure

is there anyway we can just see the whole pace card for every race, or would that mean we have to sign up and pay for pacecards?
Dallas

colon100 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:09 am
Hi Guys.
Just confirming that I have downloaded the .baf again, and imported it again.
I have also checked the Refresh Rate and it is set to 20ms.
I still have the save issue - no LAY Bets are being placed.
What races are you using it on and do they allow in-running betting?

Also how many markets do you have in Guardian approx?

Are you using the 'Restrict Refresh' option on the advanced tab?
May you've enabled it in the past to restrict the refresh up to post time and thats now stopping this keep unmatched bets rule from triggering

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”