Odds Difference Between 1st and 2nd Fav Automation Bot

Willygubbins

clearly there is a little adjusting to do to link the signals to the bets
jimibt

Willygubbins wrote:clearly there is a little adjusting to do to link the signals to the bets
as long as you have the condition set on the bets regards percentagecomplete, then that is all that is required. thereafter, a single bet action is covered by the appropriate trigger on the distance flags - i.e.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Willygubbins

jimibt wrote:
Willygubbins wrote:clearly there is a little adjusting to do to link the signals to the bets
as long as you have the condition set on the bets regards percentagecomplete, then that is all that is required. thereafter, a single bet action is covered by the appropriate trigger on the distance flags - i.e.
why is the value there shown as 49 but it is 50 in the signals?
jimibt

Willygubbins wrote:
jimibt wrote:
why is the value there shown as 49 but it is 50 in the signals?
hi willie - it's shown as 49 in the settings as we want the value to be BETWEEN 50 and 90. If we made it greater than 50, then nothing would happen until the value changed to 90. We start off with a default setting of 0 (ZERO) and then set it to 50, at the 50% mark, therefore, we need to check for it being greater than one digit below the value (as we don't have a greater than or equal to operator).

A good and valid question, hope this clarifies...
Willygubbins

Hi Jim, I know we have touched on this before, but i am trying to set a rule that greens all up when it is £10 or greater profit or £10 in the red, but has failed to trigger on every race even though those parameters have been met.
Willygubbins

Hi guys, is number of selections essentially the number of runners?
Dallas

Willygubbins wrote:Hi guys, is number of selections essentially the number of runners?
Yes thats correct
pyfprofessionals

Good Morning to you Dallas,
I had planned to use and edit the "the Lay the 1st to trade @ 2" baf but as Peter stated, another rule could be added so it does not trade a close finish. If I removed the back fav on this " odds difference between 1st an 2nd fav " baf and changed the lay 2nd fav rule to any selection and then change the last traded price from 4 to 3, do you think this would work? :?

Thanks
P.s Love the work you guys put in :D
Dallas

pyfprofessionals wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:19 am
Good Morning to you Dallas,
I had planned to use and edit the "the Lay the 1st to trade @ 2" baf but as Peter stated, another rule could be added so it does not trade a close finish. If I removed the back fav on this " odds difference between 1st an 2nd fav " baf and changed the lay 2nd fav rule to any selection and then change the last traded price from 4 to 3, do you think this would work? :?

Thanks
P.s Love the work you guys put in :D
It depend on what exactly it is you want to achieve, the lay rule on this file has conditions connected with the back bet rule which if taken out you'd need to change those conditions gtoo

If you give me an outline of what it is you want i'll be able to advise the best route forward
and thank you for your comment, its much appreciated and will pass it on
pyfprofessionals

Well I wanted to "lay first horse @ say odds of 2" but know that the price on a short priced fav often drift out and come back in causing havoc on the strike rate :?
…However your baf has taught me how to use timers and odds and will try and twerk it by backing the fav with your original odds difference bot, but lay any hoarse that get to say odds of 3?
Ive also added a baf to lay fav if he does drift out (with tpd connection). I'm just trying work on entry and exit points.
I really wanna ask so much more because the more I use these tools the more I realise the multiverse of possibilities.

P.s Am I doing to much?
Dallas

pyfprofessionals wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:04 pm
Well I wanted to "lay first horse @ say odds of 2" but know that the price on a short priced fav often drift out and come back in causing havoc on the strike rate :?
…However your baf has taught me how to use timers and odds and will try and twerk it by backing the fav with your original odds difference bot, but lay any hoarse that get to say odds of 3?
Ive also added a baf to lay fav if he does drift out (with tpd connection). I'm just trying work on entry and exit points.
I really wanna ask so much more because the more I use these tools the more I realise the multiverse of possibilities.

P.s Am I doing to much?
Sorry forgot to reply to this and just seen your PM prompt from a few days ago

I assume you are still stuck but from the above I'm not 100% sure what you actually want.

When creating a any automation file I always start by using a list of bullet points of what I want, there a blog here which details all the steps I take when creating rules
https://www.betfairtradingblog.com/betf ... a-servant/

So If you set out your requirements in a similar form that will make it easier to advise, for example

*Lay first selection to trade at 2.0 (except if there is a odds on fav)
*Lay fav if it drift 50% above its SP (If no other bets have been placed on it)
*back fav if price is 5 or more odds shorter than 2nd fav in last 20% of the race

etc etc
pyfprofessionals

:D
Thank you sir
sIGNAL

can i check with someone please that knows about the approx times of races based on length.
Im using some rules to measure this in a NON TPD Race so i place bets at certain times IR.
Ive noticed that alot of the times I have in this rules file (taken from another automation file from here) are approx anything from around 5-15% out.

Is there anywhere that I can find approx upto date race times for lengths so I can then go in and update all these times?
Im pressuming that the red circle ive highlighted is in seconds ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MemphisFlash

as a rule of thumb i normally use a value of 13 seconds per furlong in the summer and 15 in the winter
Dallas

sIGNAL wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:37 pm
can i check with someone please that knows about the approx times of races based on length.
Im using some rules to measure this in a NON TPD Race so i place bets at certain times IR.
Ive noticed that alot of the times I have in this rules file (taken from another automation file from here) are approx anything from around 5-15% out.

Is there anywhere that I can find approx upto date race times for lengths so I can then go in and update all these times?
Im pressuming that the red circle ive highlighted is in seconds ?
The 'Standard Times' as they are known are the average times taken over 100s of races, there is a list of these by course but you need to consider how much time and effort you want to put into what are 'average times' and what if any extra advantage it gives you.

Even going to the trouble of creating rules to use the standard times specfic to each course (rather than just distance or group of distances) there are still other variables like class of race, running styles, the going etc all of which can mean vastly different times on individual races - typically the longer the race the more margin of error.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”