Back the Emerging Challenger Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

This is a basic Guardian automation bot for use on Horse Racing markets

The bot waits for the first selection to trade below 2.0 and sets a signal on that selection, that signal is then used to exclude this runner from the rest of the rule.

It now looks for a runner emerging out of the pack with a late challenge, the emerging runner must shorten by 75 ticks within 5 secs and become the shortest priced horse, if this happens a £10 back bet will be placed with fill or kill set for 5 secs which will be re-triggered if not matched and conditions are still met.
Once a bet has been matched no further bets are triggered.

To use the file just click on the Back the Emerging Challenger.Baf attachment link below and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop down box just above, you can now apply it to any markets you have added into guardian.

The stake size as with all other aspects of this file can also be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File" then click on the "General, Parameters & Conditions" tab and change to whatever you require.

Additional parts/conditions can also be added or removed from the bot as you build it into your own bespoke automation file.

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jimibt

thanks Dallas - Really simple but intelligent rule this one. I've been heavily using signals now since their introduction a few weeks back. I have a pretty similar methodology to this in a few of my rules.

One thing that I have actually added to the signal level (i.e. added a condition on the signal itself, rather than the bet) for rules such as this, is a measure of the WOM to ensure that the odds are shortening/lengthening due to market forces, rather than fluctuating due to activity on other runners. This works particularly well on signals that are acting as bounded counters and are being reset etc. Seems to filter things down (in my scenarios) to a nice tight set of candidates.
Hobsom

Thanks Dallas & jimibt. I've found both your posts really useful. The new signals have made automation so much easier and potentially more profitable (here's hoping).
Willygubbins

Hi can I combine these bots or will it have a shit fit?
Dallas

Willygubbins wrote:Hi can I combine these bots or will it have a shit fit?
Combine which bots?
Almost everyone can be though often a little editing of the rules are needed to avoid conflictions
sclarence

Has anyone had any joy with this Bot? I've been working on something similar (before I discovered this) with mixed results. :?
obitus

Thanks for this template Dallas,

If I wanted to flip this around, ie. lay the struggling leader would it simply be the case of modifing the back bet to a lay bet and changing the historic relative odds condition nominations to any selection?
Dallas

obitus wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:05 am

If I wanted to flip this around, ie. lay the struggling leader would it simply be the case of modifing the back bet to a lay bet and changing the historic relative odds condition nominations to any selection?
Do you mean you want to lay the current leader as one emerges or lay the one thats emerged if it becomes leader (rather than backing it)?
obitus

Dallas wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:16 am
obitus wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:05 am

Do you mean you want to lay the current leader as one emerges or lay the one thats emerged if it becomes leader (rather than backing it)?
I would like to lay the current leader as one emerges to challenge it
Dallas

Just changing from a back to lay bet will do this, their is no need to edit the HROC

It might be worth changing the signals slightly just to ensure you do lay the current leader rather than the challenger emerging.

On the Signal rule change it to 'applies to Betfair order of favourtism 1'
and then on its signal tab change it from from being set on the 'market' to 'selection'

Then on the signal set condition of the back rule (or lay rule as it will now be) change this from 'market to selection' also

That will then act as a fail safe to ensure only the current leader (that has set the signal) is layed if an emerging challenger appears
pdbennett_300

hi, thanks for this post.

if I wanted this rule to only focus on the top 3 runners, and to only place a back bet if 1 of these 3 made a late move, how would I do that? Copy the back rules, then change "applies to selection" - in row 1 (betfair order). Then do this for 2 and 3?
any other settings need changing?
I have also fixed the order using a rule at the start of the race.

thanks
Dallas

pdbennett_300 wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:31 pm
hi, thanks for this post.

if I wanted this rule to only focus on the top 3 runners, and to only place a back bet if 1 of these 3 made a late move, how would I do that? Copy the back rules, then change "applies to selection" - in row 1 (betfair order). Then do this for 2 and 3?
any other settings need changing?
I have also fixed the order using a rule at the start of the race.

thanks
The easiest way is to use signals

First add a set/modify signal rule applied to EVERY selection and arm it to trigger just before the off or whenever you want to lock the front three order
On the signal tab set a signal on the selection (give it any name and value)

add a Relative odds condition
Selections back price
is less than
back price of
nominated selection by position in order of favouritism 4

That will then set a signal on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd favs

Then on the existing back bet rule add a 'Signal Set condition
to test the signal named (whatever you called it)
is Set on that selection

ie, it was one of the front three in the betting
pdbennett_300

Hi Dallas,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I’ll give that go. Really appreciate it. Thanks.
kearnseyuk

Hi Dallas

Wondered if you could just clarify the settings on the signal tab? I have just downloaded the BOT, but I have action - Set signal on both signal for market and signal for current selection?

What do these both need to be set as?

Apologies - this is for changing the BOT to lay the current leader option

thanks
Matt
Dallas

kearnseyuk wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:42 am
Hi Dallas

Wondered if you could just clarify the settings on the signal tab? I have just downloaded the BOT, but I have action - Set signal on both signal for market and signal for current selection?

What do these both need to be set as?

Apologies - this is for changing the BOT to lay the current leader option

thanks
Matt
The signals get set once a runner goes below to 2.0
So is basically the signal on the market priming the back bet rule to trigger
and the signal on the selection is telling it to ignore the runner already and back another runner that emerges and becomes fav

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”