Lay the Outsider After a Good Go Guardian Automation Bot

BrianDee

>you can see the profit/loss for each runner on the guardian screen for each race until such time as you remove the market from guardian. I use it all the time.

IIRC, there's a setting needed to preserve market info inc bets, I don't think that's the default?
RogerTaurus

I have been trying out this bot and I have two questions on one of the markets a lay bet was placed within 9 seconds of the suspension of the race. This gave the system no time to redup before the end of the race. What would be the best way to prevent any lay bets within say 30 seconds of the end of the race to prevent any late lays like this one.

The second question is on one of the selections. A second lay bet was placed 28 seconds after the first lay for the same selection. Would a 'Number of matched bets condition' = 0 on the 'Lay on drift' Rule solve this problem and prevent the second lay on the same horse?
Dallas

RogerTaurus wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:30 am
I have been trying out this bot and I have two questions on one of the markets a lay bet was placed within 9 seconds of the suspension of the race. This gave the system no time to redup before the end of the race. What would be the best way to prevent any lay bets within say 30 seconds of the end of the race to prevent any late lays like this one.

The second question is on one of the selections. A second lay bet was placed 28 seconds after the first lay for the same selection. Would a 'Number of matched bets condition' = 0 on the 'Lay on drift' Rule solve this problem and prevent the second lay on the same horse?
For the first part if you have a TPD subscription you can just add a Stored Value condition to test there is less than 'X' percentage of the race remaining
There is an example here which you could copy the condition as it uses that set up but in reverse (it triggers when less than 15% to go).

It should never back the same runner, i'd have to double check the file in the morning but i'm 99% sure it'll have a
'Number of place bet triggers condition' is equal to 0
RogerTaurus

Hi Dallas thanks for your reply I have noted you comment regarding TPD subscription. You mentioned that there is an example I could look at and copy but i am not sure where to find the example.
Dallas

RogerTaurus wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:18 am
Hi Dallas thanks for your reply I have noted you comment regarding TPD subscription. You mentioned that there is an example I could look at and copy but i am not sure where to find the example.
Sorry I meant to include the link after that paragraph, here it is below
viewtopic.php?f=73&t=24687
ajanthony

Hi Dallas,
I am using a similar automation to the the one you have listed. I use an offset and liability lay bet. The strike rate is high but it only takes one or two lays to win and profit is gone. I have tried using a stop loss at 35 pips but on many occasions they seem to get hit only to see the odds go back up and the runner not winning. Is there any way make this work more efficiently or is this just a matter of volatile markets during in play that sees them jump all over the place.
Regards,
Anthony
tommyc333

This looks to be an excellent start for a strategy I've been researching and hoping to implement.

Is there an easy way to restrict it to certain horses based on their rank in terms of favouritism at the start of the race?

I guess I could have x number of identical lay rules but is there a more elegant way?
Dallas

tommyc333 wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:07 pm
This looks to be an excellent start for a strategy I've been researching and hoping to implement.

Is there an easy way to restrict it to certain horses based on their rank in terms of favouritism at the start of the race?

I guess I could have x number of identical lay rules but is there a more elegant way?
You'd need to add a 'Update Custom ranking' rule (and trigger it once after the race has gone in-running) and sort the selections by the actual SP in ascending order

You can add a 'Relative Odds Condition' to your lay rule

In the image below the lay bet could trigger on the selections if they were 1st-4th SP fav (if they were the 5th SP fav or above the rule wouldn't trigger on them)
Cond.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tommyc333

Thanks Dallas, will try that!

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”