Lay the Outsider After a Good Go Guardian Automation Bot

duggs

I have tried this for the last 3 days in races that i have no other bets which are mainly non handicaps however i have had no matched bets yet out of about 30 races

looking at yesterdays racing 11 horses had a sp of 15 or greater and traded at 4 and below and lost including 4 non handicaps if i understand the rule correctly it places a signal when a outsider trades at 4 and under and if the horse drifts to say 6 if places a lay bet at say 10 i know at the end of the race odds can drift very quickly i would have still expected to have some matched bets perhaps this will be more suited to long distance races and NH races where the inrunning markets are not as volitile as flat sprints

One last question yesterday 7 Horses had a SP or 15 or more and won any idea how i could find out if they stayed below 4.0 or if they drifted and hence would be a losing bet. the only way i can think s looking at their matched high and any low matched losers.

yesterday there were possibly 3 system losers 50SP matched at a high of 400 another horse traded at a low 1.14, 24SP 75 1.36 and a 55SP 470 1.55 but that is not conclusive because they might have been tailed off and then ran on really well to win
Dallas

duggs wrote: if i understand the rule correctly it places a signal when a outsider trades at 4 and under and if the horse drifts to say 6 if places a lay bet at say 10 i know at the end of the race odds can drift very quickly
Yes thats exactly right, although there will be some races a triggered bet is not matched if everything was set up correctly i would nt expect it to miss as many as what happened with you.
From memory when testing i think it triggered and at least one bet matched on around a dozen races out of about 20 - it triggered but failed to match on only about 2-3

Do you have the market you have it running on on a main Bet Angel screen being refreshes at 200ms or is it in the background in guardian along with multiple other markets?
This particular rule will need to be in sole focus and getting refreshed at 200ms to have any chance on being matched.
duggs wrote:One last question yesterday 7 Horses had a SP or 15 or more and won any idea how i could find out if they stayed below 4.0 or if they drifted and hence would be a losing bet. the only way i can think s looking at their matched high and any low matched losers
There is no website i am aware of that would tell you this you would have to capture this type of data yourself and then check back over the trigger times against the odds that selection was matched at afterwards
duggs

Thanks Dallas On Guardian Markets the refresh interval is set at 1 sec I will change this to 200ms and hope to get some more luck with matched bets. Although I thought betfair has charges if you auto refresh is to quick I presume 200ms would not incur any charges
Dallas

duggs wrote:Thanks Dallas On Guardian Markets the refresh interval is set at 1 sec I will change this to 200ms and hope to get some more luck with matched bets. Although I thought betfair has charges if you auto refresh is to quick I presume 200ms would not incur any charges
This thread will give a full explanation on how guardian refreshes and cycles markets and how it effect automation etc
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11491

The Betfair charges you are refering was the number of calls made to Betfair which used to be limited to 20 per second before charges - this ended about 2 years ago. you wont encur no charges for refreshing at 200ms (I will often have several instances of Bet Angel open and running all refreshing at 200ms)

The only possible charges you need to be aware of now is for the number of actual transactions you do per hour, this is detailed in this thread
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11378
honeycombe54

Dallas, hi - thanks alot for sharing.. I have tried the file allday, and havent been matched on any race. Numerous times the criteria is met, and have the betangel screen open and running at 200ms - any ideas why else this could be? thanks
Dallas

If you have read the thread (which i have linked to in the post above yours) and think you have guardian etc set up right the next likely thing would be that it is triggering but just not being matched due to the odds drifting out to quickly, next time it happens if you refer to your log for that race you will be able to see if the rules at least triggers (and just went unmatched).
Alternativly if you go into guardian highlight the market at the bottom of the window (below the odds) you will see a number of tabs, click on the 'automation' tab and it will show which parts of the rule have triggered.

If your not seeing any signs of it triggering post back and ill suggest some other options
daveysam25

I like this idea so i fort i give it a try today, but i want add a condition

if in loss for 5/10 seconds green up when over certain amount and then resets if in profit or less than a certain loss, i have used signals for this will it still work having mutliple signals in one file.

i have added a attachment for someone look at much appreicated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

One of the biggest advantages of the signal feature is the unlimited amount of names you can use with them, with each signal using a different name to control each rule type they should work together without interferring with each other.

The one thing you need to be careful of is when resetting/clearing signals and that you dont clear ones still in use or required - its set up fine in this rule file its just something worth remembering for future reference.
daveysam25

thanks dallas, i only want to trigger one matched bet how do i do this? as i just had 2 matched really i only one.
Dallas

Just change the number of trigger on the lay rule to 1
andygreen1965

Help please.

This has definite potential but I think it only works long term if the horse really is falling off the pace rather than (say) has a stumble or a bad jump and so has the chance to recover.

I am thinking that I could set a condition to green up if after (perhaps) three seconds if the selection(s) is/ are trading lower than the layed price. This should eliminate or at least reduce the liability if things aren't working out and it/ they still have a decent chance of winning.

But what is the most effective way of setting such a condition? When I look at all those possible conditions I can't see the wood for the trees.
Dallas

andygreen1965 wrote:Help please.

This has definite potential but I think it only works long term if the horse really is falling off the pace rather than (say) has a stumble or a bad jump and so has the chance to recover.

I am thinking that I could set a condition to green up if after (perhaps) three seconds if the selection(s) is/ are trading lower than the layed price. This should eliminate or at least reduce the liability if things aren't working out and it/ they still have a decent chance of winning.

But what is the most effective way of setting such a condition? When I look at all those possible conditions I can't see the wood for the trees.
Signals can be used to do this, here's a link to an example file which you could copy the contents from and add to this file
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=11954
Willygubbins

Dallas wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:16 pm
duggs wrote:One last question yesterday 7 Horses had a SP or 15 or more and won any idea how i could find out if they stayed below 4.0 or if they drifted and hence would be a losing bet. the only way i can think s looking at their matched high and any low matched losers
There is no website i am aware of that would tell you this you would have to capture this type of data yourself and then check back over the trigger times against the odds that selection was matched at afterwards
As far as I know Dallas is correct, there is no resource for this info, I have put together a monitor so that you could collect the info for yourself.......
Drift Monitor.baf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Niko

Quick question, if you set the order at in play and want to lay the Position 1 if it drifts and want to use the Realtive odds condition:

The selections Lay price
is greater than
the lay price
of Position 2
Plus 10 ticks

Is this correct (because the positions were fixed at the off)
Dallas

I would normally use the 'Historic fixed odds cond' for this, but whichever you use it will still need to use order of fav 1 (or whatever pos you want to target) if fixing the order

Dallas

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”