Lay the Outsider After a Good Go Guardian Automation Bot

andygreen1965

Help please.

This has definite potential but I think it only works long term if the horse really is falling off the pace rather than (say) has a stumble or a bad jump and so has the chance to recover.

I am thinking that I could set a condition to green up if after (perhaps) three seconds if the selection(s) is/ are trading lower than the layed price. This should eliminate or at least reduce the liability if things aren't working out and it/ they still have a decent chance of winning.

But what is the most effective way of setting such a condition? When I look at all those possible conditions I can't see the wood for the trees.
Dallas

andygreen1965 wrote:Help please.

This has definite potential but I think it only works long term if the horse really is falling off the pace rather than (say) has a stumble or a bad jump and so has the chance to recover.

I am thinking that I could set a condition to green up if after (perhaps) three seconds if the selection(s) is/ are trading lower than the layed price. This should eliminate or at least reduce the liability if things aren't working out and it/ they still have a decent chance of winning.

But what is the most effective way of setting such a condition? When I look at all those possible conditions I can't see the wood for the trees.
Signals can be used to do this, here's a link to an example file which you could copy the contents from and add to this file
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=11954
Willygubbins

Dallas wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:16 pm
duggs wrote:One last question yesterday 7 Horses had a SP or 15 or more and won any idea how i could find out if they stayed below 4.0 or if they drifted and hence would be a losing bet. the only way i can think s looking at their matched high and any low matched losers
There is no website i am aware of that would tell you this you would have to capture this type of data yourself and then check back over the trigger times against the odds that selection was matched at afterwards
As far as I know Dallas is correct, there is no resource for this info, I have put together a monitor so that you could collect the info for yourself.......
Drift Monitor.baf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Niko

Quick question, if you set the order at in play and want to lay the Position 1 if it drifts and want to use the Realtive odds condition:

The selections Lay price
is greater than
the lay price
of Position 2
Plus 10 ticks

Is this correct (because the positions were fixed at the off)
Dallas

I would normally use the 'Historic fixed odds cond' for this, but whichever you use it will still need to use order of fav 1 (or whatever pos you want to target) if fixing the order

Dallas
Niko

So to he really clear, sorry Dallas, bit dim this afternoon!! Fixed order at start of race, position 1 stays as position 1 for betangel even if during the race position 1 becomes the second or third place in running??
jimibt

Niko wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:35 pm
So to he really clear, sorry Dallas, bit dim this afternoon!! Fixed order at start of race, position 1 stays as position 1 for betangel even if during the race position 1 becomes the second or third place in running??
correct... you can of course UNFIX the positions during the race. However, you will not then be able to compare the previous position that you had selected for your nominated runner once you have unset. However, you could set a signal on the layed runner (when placing the bet) and/or purely measure against pos#2 vs selection with lays on the market etc.
Niko

Cheers!
greety

Hi Dallas.
As someone else said earlier, I'm getting no matches.
How would I go about changing the signal triggers from 4/7 to say 7 to 12?
Thanks
Dallas

greety wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:46 pm
Hi Dallas.
As someone else said earlier, I'm getting no matches.
How would I go about changing the signal triggers from 4/7 to say 7 to 12?
Thanks
On the 'Signal' rules fixed odds cond the 4 would be changed to 7

On lay rule fixed odds cond the 7 would be changed to 10
Also ob the Lay rule on the parameters tab change the place at odds from 10 to 12
greety

Thanks for your help Dallas
Bangel

Hi Bro!

Thanks for the share....

I was wondering if it's possible to tweak or edit this bot such that the "lay on drift" rule should only be activated if the selection eventually trades bellow 4.0 for the second time. haven drifting above 7 earlier?

For example, if a horse with SP greater than 15.0 trades bellow 4.0, and then drift back up above 7.0, but eventually drops bellow 4.0 again for the second time , only then should the lay bet be placed. So instead of "laying on drift" (>7.0) it should rather "lay low" (<4.0 )
that is, only if the price drops or steams again bellow 4.0 for the second time haven drifted to 7.0 earlier.

Any meaning help is very much appreciated...
Dallas

Bangel wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:58 am
Hi Bro!

Thanks for the share....

I was wondering if it's possible to tweak or edit this bot such that the "lay on drift" rule should only be activated if the selection eventually trades bellow 4.0 for the second time. haven drifting above 7 earlier?

For example, if a horse with SP greater than 15.0 trades bellow 4.0, and then drift back up above 7.0, but eventually drops bellow 4.0 again for the second time , only then should the lay bet be placed. So instead of "laying on drift" (>7.0) it should rather "lay low" (<4.0 )
that is, only if the price drops or steams again bellow 4.0 for the second time haven drifted to 7.0 earlier.

Any meaning help is very much appreciated...

Yes this could be done quiet easily
First duplicate the whole lay rule by highlighting it and clicking the icon of two green arrows

Then edit one of the so that instead of triggering the lay bet change the rule type to 'set/modify signal' and set a signal on the selection.
Then edit the other one so that it places the lay bet if it trades below 4.0
also add a signal set condition and test if the signal from above has been set

Basically it works as it is but set a signal when drifting above 7 (not laying) then if it goes back below 4 it will trigger because this signal has now been set
Bangel

Okay.

Thanks for quick reply!

I have tried to edit it as directed but I don't really understand how to add a signal set condition and test if the signal from above has been set...

"also add a signal set condition and test if the signal from above has been set"

I have also attached my edited copy for your view and correction where necessary.

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Bangel wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:01 pm
Okay.

Thanks for quick reply!

I have tried to edit it as directed but I don't really understand how to add a signal set condition and test if the signal from above has been set...

"also add a signal set condition and test if the signal from above has been set"

I have also attached my edited copy for your view and correction where necessary.

Thanks.
Not had chance to look at your rule but I've just edited the original file and made the changes advised above so you can see how it compares to yours.

On the new signal @ 7 rule note the rule type change and the info added on the signal tab
then the lay <4 rule note the last condition which uses a signal set condition to test the above signal has been set.

I did also change the odds the lay is placed at from 10 to 5

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”