Create a No Lose Trade on Fav and Profit on the Field Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

dave704289 wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:19 pm
Currently getting this response. Am on 1.56. Am I doing something wrong?
Are you importing it into Guardian as per the screenshot on the OP next to the download link?
Jimbo95

I am relatively new to bots. I applied this bot to a race today using £10 liability. Back went in 14.5 @ 0.74 and lay [email protected]. Result was that P/L selection made £0.02 all other horses £0.42. If I'm laying liability at £10 and another selection wins, shouldn't I win £10 rather than £0.42. Sorry probably missing something obvious. Thanks in advance.
Dallas

Jimbo95 wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:10 pm
I am relatively new to bots. I applied this bot to a race today using £10 liability. Back went in 14.5 @ 0.74 and lay [email protected]. Result was that P/L selection made £0.02 all other horses £0.42. If I'm laying liability at £10 and another selection wins, shouldn't I win £10 rather than £0.42. Sorry probably missing something obvious. Thanks in advance.
Because you are backing to a liability it works out the stake to win that amount, in your case it was a 74p bet @ 14.5, which would of won £10

You'd only win £10 if laying to a £10 liability and not closing the trade / greening up, ie a straight bet
Jimbo95

Dallas, Thanks for the swift response. Why is the bot greening up as greening isn't selected in the parameters?
Dallas

Jimbo95 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:46 pm
Dallas, Thanks for the swift response. Why is the bot greening up as greening isn't selected in the parameters?
It's not greening up, its backing and laying with the same liability so removing any risk from that selection and ensuring a profit on all others
effectively closing the trade but putting the profits on all other selections rather than the one you traded and leaving zero risk on the one traded
parrettt

Hi Dallas
Thanks for that
i have downloaded it.
in the remember order of favouritism rule
it says to place it in row 1 betfair order.
does it not need to be in order of fav or does it not actually matter?
regards
Richard
Jimbo95

Hi, how do I create a stop loss on this bot?
Dallas

parrettt wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 8:14 pm
Hi Dallas
Thanks for that
i have downloaded it.
in the remember order of favouritism rule
it says to place it in row 1 betfair order.
does it not need to be in order of fav or does it not actually matter?
regards
Richard
It doesn't matter, that's only relevant on this rule if you are using conditions - which your not so it can be left as the Betfair row 1
Dallas

Jimbo95 wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 11:51 am
Hi, how do I create a stop loss on this bot?
Rather than use ticks/percent and global settings, for in-play its best to use a rule to trigger a stop when a loss amount is reached
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11488

On the signal tab of the rule if you set a signal on the market

Then on your lay bet rule add a 'Signal Set' condition to test the
Signal named (whatever you called it)
is NOT set with a value

That will stop the lay bet triggering if you've been stopped out via the green up rule
Jimbo95

Dallas, thanks as always. Also, if I only want this bot to apply to races with more than 6 runners, how would I do that?
Dallas

Jimbo95 wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 2:53 pm
Dallas, thanks as always. Also, if I only want this bot to apply to races with more than 6 runners, how would I do that?
Add a number of selection condition
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/num ... tions.html
irabbit

Hi, I want to combine this rule with the "back the likely winner" rule. I selected the rule from back the likely winner which I had loaded up to edit and clicked the little icon on the far right of the box that copies the rule. I then pasted it in to the other rule that I was using, adding it at the bottom of the rules list in the new rule (the combo of the two). On test create a no lose trade fires correctly but the back the likely winner rule at the end of the race did not fire. Could you offer any pointers please? Thank you in advance, I'm enjoying getting to grips with this software and all your creations.
Dallas

irabbit wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:07 pm
Hi, I want to combine this rule with the "back the likely winner" rule. I selected the rule from back the likely winner which I had loaded up to edit and clicked the little icon on the far right of the box that copies the rule. I then pasted it in to the other rule that I was using, adding it at the bottom of the rules list in the new rule (the combo of the two). On test create a no lose trade fires correctly but the back the likely winner rule at the end of the race did not fire. Could you offer any pointers please? Thank you in advance, I'm enjoying getting to grips with this software and all your creations.
Glad you are finding the files useful

Combining these files should be straight forward, the 'back the likely winner' file just has the 1 rule which only uses a condition to test the price, therefore just coping this rule into this file is all that's required

Maybe check your Guardian refresh rates to make sure they are refreshing your markets fast enough
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11491
haynzey82

I havent been doing this long but am loving the process.

With this file I wanted to add a stop bet that if the favourites odds went right down it would make a lay bet at those odds. I used 20 ticks.

It worked on many instances and prevented large losses but i have noticed then when I use the stop function on lay bet it does not change the liability amount to equal $10 profit.

Example lay bet will trigger at $2 for a $5 stake then the stop loss kicks in at $3.50 but it keeps the stake at $5 so my liability is $12.50 against a $10 win. If the favourite goes on to win I can suffer very big losses especially at short odds.

I know I can change it so it wont bet favourites under an amount but what I want to do is Put a stop loss bet on equal to liability of $10 when triggered. Im guessing I need to add an extra rule where it refers to back bet price, triggers at 20 ticks then places a lay bet equal to $10 but unsure what rules i would not to use.

Any help would be very much appreciated
Dallas

haynzey82 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:14 am
I havent been doing this long but am loving the process.

With this file I wanted to add a stop bet that if the favourites odds went right down it would make a lay bet at those odds. I used 20 ticks.

It worked on many instances and prevented large losses but i have noticed then when I use the stop function on lay bet it does not change the liability amount to equal $10 profit.

Example lay bet will trigger at $2 for a $5 stake then the stop loss kicks in at $3.50 but it keeps the stake at $5 so my liability is $12.50 against a $10 win. If the favourite goes on to win I can suffer very big losses especially at short odds.

I know I can change it so it wont bet favourites under an amount but what I want to do is Put a stop loss bet on equal to liability of $10 when triggered. Im guessing I need to add an extra rule where it refers to back bet price, triggers at 20 ticks then places a lay bet equal to $10 but unsure what rules i would not to use.

Any help would be very much appreciated
You won't be able to use the stop loss in global settings as the offset back bet won't be to a liability, so you'd need to add a separate rule

This post shows how to add a green up rule which will trigger if your loss amount is reached
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11488

Or you could create one to trigger at a number of ticks below the lay bet, that would require the use of stored values, easy enough to set up if you wanted to use ticks rather than a monetary value

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”