Create a No Lose Trade on Fav and Profit on the Field Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

twenty2 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:23 am
Hi Dallas, Can this automation be used in conjuction with the Dob with moving exit strategy ?
Ive just set all selections to Nominated Slection 1 and removed the back bet instruction from the dob file, does this look right, im going to run it in demo mode today then ticker with a few settings ?
You could run both sets of rules on the same selection yes, off the top of my head I don't think there's anything in any of the conditions that would cause them to conflict.

Obviously run it in PM while you check this to be sure
evas

Hi,

I am in Australia and can't place a bet in play (I don't want to use a VPN). Is it possible to change this Automation to run pre-race?

Thank you for your help :D
Dallas

evas wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:59 am
Hi,

I am in Australia and can't place a bet in play (I don't want to use a VPN). Is it possible to change this Automation to run pre-race?

Thank you for your help :D
Yes, just change the time the rules are armed for on the General tab of the rules editor
Kevin1958

Can anyone explain why the back bet rarely gets placed so just the lay bet with a big risk hope some one can help
Dallas

Kevin1958 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:45 pm
Can anyone explain why the back bet rarely gets placed so just the lay bet with a big risk hope some one can help
The back bet rule is armed to trigger for 5 seconds before the official start time, you need to ensure you are refreshing the markets in Guardian fast enough for it to be able to trigger and or extend the time the back bet is armed for
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11491
MAGTRADEUK

Dallas wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:04 pm
Kevin1958 wrote:
The back bet rule is armed to trigger for 5 seconds before the official start time, you need to ensure you are refreshing the markets in Guardian fast enough for it to be able to trigger and or extend the time the back bet is armed for
erm I dont want to sound like I know anything, especially critism of the "master" of automation ... BUT..............

When I looked at the file... it seem that the "back" bet was set to fire from 00:00 before the start to 00:05 "after the start time" not before?
Dallas

MAGTRADEUK wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:48 pm
Dallas wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:04 pm
Kevin1958 wrote:
erm I dont want to sound like I know anything, especially critism of the "master" of automation ... BUT..............

When I looked at the file... it seem that the "back" bet was set to fire from 00:00 before the start to 00:05 "after the start time" not before?
Yeah well spotted slight typo there, it is 5 seconds after the start time not before

But the rest of the reply still applies ie, the rule only being armed for 5 seconds means Guardian needs to refresh the markets fast enough so the market gets checked and refreshed
jimmymuscle

Hi

New to betangel, so far really enjoying it.
I was wondering would this work for greyhound racing?
As it is or would it need adapting?

Thanks
James
Dallas

jimmymuscle wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:40 pm
Hi

New to betangel, so far really enjoying it.
I was wondering would this work for greyhound racing?
As it is or would it need adapting?

Thanks
James
Betfair don't have in-running betting on Greyhounds so it would need changing to pre-off and although greyhounds can be gappy/bouncy markets you will probably need to shorten the tick numbers between the back and lay bets to ensure they both get matched.

But otherwise the principal of the strategy can still be used
jimmymuscle

Thanks for the swift reply.

One more question, regarding the horse racing, on a few occasions it hasn't fired in a back bet. But has then in-play put a lay bet in, and resulted in losing the stake. on all races today think happened approx 3/4 times.

Is there a reason for this, is there something i need to do to prevent this?

I thought poss it was on races that were quite late going off, but cant be sure or if this would affect.

Or could i add something to say only put a lay bet in if there is already a back bet on??

Any help would be great

Regards
James
Dallas

jimmymuscle wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:46 pm
Thanks for the swift reply.

One more question, regarding the horse racing, on a few occasions it hasn't fired in a back bet. But has then in-play put a lay bet in, and resulted in losing the stake. on all races today think happened approx 3/4 times.

Is there a reason for this, is there something i need to do to prevent this?

I thought poss it was on races that were quite late going off, but cant be sure or if this would affect.

Or could i add something to say only put a lay bet in if there is already a back bet on??

Any help would be great

Regards
James
Most likely reason is you don't have Guardian refreshing the markets fast enough for the number of markets you have in it, this post explains how all that works and how to increase your refresh rates so the rules trigger optimally
Steve Lewis

cheers, I will take a look now.
jimmymuscle

Excellent thanks for the advice.
Hopefully will run better today

Regards
James
jimmymuscle

Niko wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:17 pm
Hi Dallas, could this be combined with your scratch trade rule if the lay is not matched in a certain time frame please? Thinking about exit strategies to limit losses if the trade goes against me!

Edit: Have set an incremental signal value on the lay bet to green up after 30 seconds if there is one unmatched bet on the market, thinking that will do it if the lay isnt matched :D
hi niko, im new to betangel, but have been looking at the automation. Was just intrested to see if the edit you made to file ( green up after 30 sec) worked well for you?

And how i would go about setting it up.

Regards
James
dave704289

Currently getting this response. Am on 1.56. Am I doing something wrong?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”