Create a No Lose Trade on Fav and Profit on the Field Guardian Automation Bot

parrettt

Hi Dallas
Thanks for that
i have downloaded it.
in the remember order of favouritism rule
it says to place it in row 1 betfair order.
does it not need to be in order of fav or does it not actually matter?
regards
Richard
Jimbo95

Hi, how do I create a stop loss on this bot?
Dallas

parrettt wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 8:14 pm
Hi Dallas
Thanks for that
i have downloaded it.
in the remember order of favouritism rule
it says to place it in row 1 betfair order.
does it not need to be in order of fav or does it not actually matter?
regards
Richard
It doesn't matter, that's only relevant on this rule if you are using conditions - which your not so it can be left as the Betfair row 1
Dallas

Jimbo95 wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 11:51 am
Hi, how do I create a stop loss on this bot?
Rather than use ticks/percent and global settings, for in-play its best to use a rule to trigger a stop when a loss amount is reached
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11488

On the signal tab of the rule if you set a signal on the market

Then on your lay bet rule add a 'Signal Set' condition to test the
Signal named (whatever you called it)
is NOT set with a value

That will stop the lay bet triggering if you've been stopped out via the green up rule
Jimbo95

Dallas, thanks as always. Also, if I only want this bot to apply to races with more than 6 runners, how would I do that?
Dallas

Jimbo95 wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 2:53 pm
Dallas, thanks as always. Also, if I only want this bot to apply to races with more than 6 runners, how would I do that?
Add a number of selection condition
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/num ... tions.html
irabbit

Hi, I want to combine this rule with the "back the likely winner" rule. I selected the rule from back the likely winner which I had loaded up to edit and clicked the little icon on the far right of the box that copies the rule. I then pasted it in to the other rule that I was using, adding it at the bottom of the rules list in the new rule (the combo of the two). On test create a no lose trade fires correctly but the back the likely winner rule at the end of the race did not fire. Could you offer any pointers please? Thank you in advance, I'm enjoying getting to grips with this software and all your creations.
Dallas

irabbit wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:07 pm
Hi, I want to combine this rule with the "back the likely winner" rule. I selected the rule from back the likely winner which I had loaded up to edit and clicked the little icon on the far right of the box that copies the rule. I then pasted it in to the other rule that I was using, adding it at the bottom of the rules list in the new rule (the combo of the two). On test create a no lose trade fires correctly but the back the likely winner rule at the end of the race did not fire. Could you offer any pointers please? Thank you in advance, I'm enjoying getting to grips with this software and all your creations.
Glad you are finding the files useful

Combining these files should be straight forward, the 'back the likely winner' file just has the 1 rule which only uses a condition to test the price, therefore just coping this rule into this file is all that's required

Maybe check your Guardian refresh rates to make sure they are refreshing your markets fast enough
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11491
haynzey82

I havent been doing this long but am loving the process.

With this file I wanted to add a stop bet that if the favourites odds went right down it would make a lay bet at those odds. I used 20 ticks.

It worked on many instances and prevented large losses but i have noticed then when I use the stop function on lay bet it does not change the liability amount to equal $10 profit.

Example lay bet will trigger at $2 for a $5 stake then the stop loss kicks in at $3.50 but it keeps the stake at $5 so my liability is $12.50 against a $10 win. If the favourite goes on to win I can suffer very big losses especially at short odds.

I know I can change it so it wont bet favourites under an amount but what I want to do is Put a stop loss bet on equal to liability of $10 when triggered. Im guessing I need to add an extra rule where it refers to back bet price, triggers at 20 ticks then places a lay bet equal to $10 but unsure what rules i would not to use.

Any help would be very much appreciated
Dallas

haynzey82 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:14 am
I havent been doing this long but am loving the process.

With this file I wanted to add a stop bet that if the favourites odds went right down it would make a lay bet at those odds. I used 20 ticks.

It worked on many instances and prevented large losses but i have noticed then when I use the stop function on lay bet it does not change the liability amount to equal $10 profit.

Example lay bet will trigger at $2 for a $5 stake then the stop loss kicks in at $3.50 but it keeps the stake at $5 so my liability is $12.50 against a $10 win. If the favourite goes on to win I can suffer very big losses especially at short odds.

I know I can change it so it wont bet favourites under an amount but what I want to do is Put a stop loss bet on equal to liability of $10 when triggered. Im guessing I need to add an extra rule where it refers to back bet price, triggers at 20 ticks then places a lay bet equal to $10 but unsure what rules i would not to use.

Any help would be very much appreciated
You won't be able to use the stop loss in global settings as the offset back bet won't be to a liability, so you'd need to add a separate rule

This post shows how to add a green up rule which will trigger if your loss amount is reached
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11488

Or you could create one to trigger at a number of ticks below the lay bet, that would require the use of stored values, easy enough to set up if you wanted to use ticks rather than a monetary value
Gravesen33

Pease Help....

Is there any way to put a rule or condition which will KEEP only fill or kill UNMATCHED BETS and will clear the rest of unmatched bets after the race is off?
Thank you
eatyourgreens

Gravesen33 wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:37 pm
Pease Help....

Is there any way to put a rule or condition which will KEEP only fill or kill UNMATCHED BETS and will clear the rest of unmatched bets after the race is off?
Thank you
Hi,
If it is just an unmatched offset from a fill or kill bet(s) that you want to keep when the market goes in play you could have an rule that will cancel unmatched bets if number of matched bets on selection = 0 ( or 2,4,6,8, etc. using a "group of conditions" at least one must be true), this rule is to fire at "off time" or just b4 (maybe 10 secs b4 to 5 mins after, rearm every refresh, unlimited triggers). Another rule to keep unmatched bets, if matched bets =1 (or 3,5,7,9, etc. using "group of conditions" at least one must be true)

I am no expert, and there is probably an easier way, but I think the above will work.

Have a nice day!
goodluck :-)

Actually, just b4 I posted this I realised you do not need the first part of above, the bet(s) will cancel at in play anyway, so you just need a "Keep" at inplay if matched = 1,2,3 etc. .........hope Im right!
Gravesen33

eatyourgreens wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:51 pm
Gravesen33 wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:37 pm
Pease Help....

Thank you
Hi,
If it is just an unmatched offset from a fill or kill bet(s) that you want to keep when the market goes in play you could have an rule that will cancel unmatched bets if number of matched bets on selection = 0 ( or 2,4,6,8, etc. using a "group of conditions" at least one must be true), this rule is to fire at "off time" or just b4 (maybe 10 secs b4 to 5 mins after, rearm every refresh, unlimited triggers). Another rule to keep unmatched bets, if matched bets =1 (or 3,5,7,9, etc. using "group of conditions" at least one must be true)

I am no expert, and there is probably an easier way, but I think the above will work.

Have a nice day!
goodluck :-)

Actually, just b4 I posted this I realised you do not need the first part of above, the bet(s) will cancel at in play anyway, so you just need a "Keep" at inplay if matched = 1,2,3 etc. .........hope Im right!
Thank you so much, will try all of the suggestions you told me and hopefully one of them will work for me.
Thanks again..
censura

Hi I know this is a automated trading but could it done manually the back part and watch the market to see if you can get better value on a fav drifting a bit then back so if it performs ok the price has a better chance of coming in by 15 ticks to get the lay matched

Also i tried to add this to guardian but it said only could be used with servant so having to do it that way but is there away to get it in guardian as shown.

Finally if the back is NOT laid is the liability the value of the back bet ie if 2:1 then £5 so if i have hedge at - £3 an no lay does this get ignored as no greening possible

thank you
Dallas

censura wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:52 pm
Hi I know this is a automated trading but could it done manually the back part and watch the market to see if you can get better value on a fav drifting a bit then back so if it performs ok the price has a better chance of coming in by 15 ticks to get the lay matched

Also i tried to add this to guardian but it said only could be used with servant so having to do it that way but is there away to get it in guardian as shown.

Finally if the back is NOT laid is the liability the value of the back bet ie if 2:1 then £5 so if i have hedge at - £3 an no lay does this get ignored as no greening possible

thank you
The file for download in the OP of this thread is a full automation file so will import into Guardian (unless its first been edited to use as a servant, in which case any changes to options that use 'servant context' will need to be undone before it can be used in Guardian).

If you want a servant version you can download it here
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=15367

Or you can do it all manually, it just needs you to set the staking method correctly on the main ribbon, this post shows exactly how to set it up
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=13551

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”