Create a No Lose Trade on Fav and Profit on the Field Guardian Automation Bot

samsungdvd

Good day!

Seeking wisdom with this software. The software triggers matched bets on Back (Custom ticks below best reverse market price by 7 ticks - triggers 1 second before match) and Lay at (custom ticks above best reverse market price by 5 ticks - triggers at 0 second before match).

Sometimes the bet only gets matched on the lay side but not the back, and sometimes the other way. Other times it gets match on both sides (which is primarily what I'm hoping for).

Any chance I can kill the bet if it does not get matched on both sides?

I've tried greening, matched bet conditions, unmatched bet conditions etc and it's driving me up the wall. Appreciate any help!

Thanks!
Dallas

samsungdvd wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:16 pm
Good day!

Seeking wisdom with this software. The software triggers matched bets on Back (Custom ticks below best reverse market price by 7 ticks - triggers 1 second before match) and Lay at (custom ticks above best reverse market price by 5 ticks - triggers at 0 second before match).

Sometimes the bet only gets matched on the lay side but not the back, and sometimes the other way. Other times it gets match on both sides (which is primarily what I'm hoping for).

Any chance I can kill the bet if it does not get matched on both sides?

I've tried greening, matched bet conditions, unmatched bet conditions etc and it's driving me up the wall. Appreciate any help!

Thanks!
You can green up at anytime you want, you just need to decide under what condition/s it triggers under ie, if the price moves 'X' ticks or percent from your opening bet or if '£X' loss amount is exceeded etc
samsungdvd

Thank you very much for your response kind sir!
shakey1964

@ Dallas
You sir, are a saint
I only caught 2 frustrated sounding posts in the whole 25 pages/4 years since you posted this file
Bravo 👏👏👏👏
shakey1964

After wading through all of these 25 pages and paying particular attention to the posts asking about reversing the angle I set Betangel to lay the fave and trade at 15 ticks of the BSP - just as Dallas explained -
I "blanket" set the software to trigger every race yesterday
The stake is irrelevant as it is just a test but I set the liability to £2.00 as I didn't think that the "double delay" would be a factor as the file isn't firing the stake in at current odds but future odds so the back bet would be in place in time - no problem.
I have spent the morning creating a spreadsheet laying down the particulars of each race and subsequent favs
The resources I have used are the betangel matched bets logs - obviously
The in-running trading stats
Racing post results
And Time-forms historical bsp and in play high figures
This work I now share with you without wax
No Lose lay to back fav.xlsx
Some explanation is needed to the various columns
In Column C "Ave Race Style" 1 is prominent front runner 4 is a "back lagger"
In Column U "+/- Tick difference is the difference between the lay price at 5 seconds after post time and the actual BSP
In Column Y "+/- Tick Difference from Laid Price " is the actual difference in ticks from the lay price to the back price placed by betangel (not always 15 ticks)
Column AD is the tick difference between the BSP and the In "play Hi" as posted by Timeform which is the maximum price traded to £100 stakes. ( this could be most useful when determining whether or not an increase in the offset tick size is possible
I hope this and future updates will be useful to anyone thinking of employing this trading file
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
shakey1964

Just a quick note on the tick difference and average tick "Rise"
Over all races yesterday the average tick rise was 124 and the average tick rise for winners was 33
might be a cause for thought
if two or more members were to run this in practice mode with adjusted offset ticks we might be able to drill down a better than probable trading solution

Post below if you want to join in the fun and I will edit the files for each person
shakey1964

I have added yesterdays results into the spreadsheet for anyone to play about with
A couple of things have jump out at me while entering the data and these are
Avoid NHF races and Dundalk failed to have a clear favourite win yesterday
AnywaY the excel file is available below
the only change in the columns is I have added "Days since last run"
No Lose lay to back fav.xlsx
Please be aware that it is a tad untidy at the moment but the main data is on sheet 1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Johnlm

Hello Dallas,

I hope you can help me understand the maths at play with this strategy, if you don't mind?
So, lets say I am using £100 Liability staking for back and lay:
The back odds triggered are 3.5
The back stake is £40
My lay triggers at 3.35, so lay stake is £42.5
10 runners in the race
The fav loses
My question is this - do I win £100 (lay liability) minus my £40 back stake, so profit = £60
This £60 is distributed evenly across all the lay selections?
I appreciate your help with this.
Dallas

Johnlm wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:37 pm
Hello Dallas,

I hope you can help me understand the maths at play with this strategy, if you don't mind?
So, lets say I am using £100 Liability staking for back and lay:
The back odds triggered are 3.5
The back stake is £40
My lay triggers at 3.35, so lay stake is £42.5
10 runners in the race
The fav loses
My question is this - do I win £100 (lay liability) minus my £40 back stake, so profit = £60
This £60 is distributed evenly across all the lay selections?
I appreciate your help with this.
When you lay the amount you win if that selection loses is whatever you staked
but your risk is the odds minus 1 multiplied by your stake
So if you layed £10 @ 3.0 you'd win £10 if it lost but lose £20 if it wins (3.0 minus 1 = 2.0 multiplied by £10 = £20
If you layed £10 @ 10.0 you'd still only win £10 if it lost but lose £90 if it wins (10.0 minus 1 = 9.0 multiplied by £10 = £90

Greening is just a case of spreading your profit (or loss) across all selection, it doesn't matter about the number of selections, the profit figure is just divided by the odds you are greening up at

HTH
Johnlm

Thank you Dallas, much appreciated.
So in the example I outlined in my first post, I'm pretty sure that if my lay is not matched, I lose £40, however, if the favourite loses, am I correct in thinking, I will win my lay liability of £100 minus my back stake of £40, ie, profit of £60, or have I got this wrong?

Thanks again.
Dallas

Johnlm wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:30 pm
Thank you Dallas, much appreciated.
So in the example I outlined in my first post, I'm pretty sure that if my lay is not matched, I lose £40, however, if the favourite loses, am I correct in thinking, I will win my lay liability of £100 minus my back stake of £40, ie, profit of £60, or have I got this wrong?

Thanks again.
No, you'll win the £40 (or whatever your lay bet stake) minus any back bet you've placed
Johnlm

Ok thanks Dallas.
There is so much on offer that I'm a bit lost.
Can I ask you what are the standout most profitable bots one can use on Bet Angel?
Many thanks.
Dallas

Johnlm wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:52 am
Ok thanks Dallas.
There is so much on offer that I'm a bit lost.
Can I ask you what are the standout most profitable bots one can use on Bet Angel?
Many thanks.
The bots uploaded here are examples to get users started, if you applied any of them in a blanket effect to all the markets they'd all lose money, finding any bot that can be applied to all markets across a sport is very very hard

You need to match up a bot/strategy with the market type and even then you'd still need to make some edit/tweaks to the examples to stand any chance of making a profit in the long term

If everyone used the same bot triggering at the same time a ton of money would just hit the market and same price at once and most would end up being unmatched, hence those that do create a profitable bot will never share there exact settings as they'll want to get as much of their money matched as possible when it triggers and don't want to be fighting others for queue positions etc

hth
Johnlm

Thank you very much Dallas for explaining all of that so clearly. Much appreciated.
Mzolisi12

Hi Dallas,

Will you please tell me if the trade I made Kempton 18th April - 17:05, was a Win or Loss, from the two attached images (Kempton 1, Kempton 2). I used a "LAY and BACK by liability" (Guardian Automation Bot) to initiate the trade, which is based on the "Create a No Lose Trade on Fav and Profit on the Field Guardian Automation Bot" principles.

I also attached, you will find the Log for the Kempton 18th April - 17:05 trade.

I will greatly appreciate your help with this question, and thank you so much for your amazing help

Mzo
Kempton 1.PNG
Kempton 2.PNG
Kempton 18th April - 1705 Trade Log.PNG

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”