DOBing @ 50% & Back 2 Lay @ 20% Guardian Automation Bot

Dadders

Ok, got it

Thank you

Matt
ANGELS15

I have to agree with you Dallas in that for this to be an effective strategy you have to use any analytical skills or resources youv'e discovered to be useful. I'm new to Bet Angel having only joined 3 months ago. I've used Betfair since 2000 but just for straight betting occasional laying. The dobbing automation on Youtube fascinated me I recreated it when I signed up and in the last 3 months must have 'DOBBED' about 500 horses.
The first 200 or so fantastic strike rate of about 60/70% however by about the 350th horse starting to level out so I've had to refine my strategy. But I do believe it is possible for it to be profitable.

I'm sorry to ask this here but how do you start a new thread/question? I can reply to forum threads but can't see how to start one?

Apologies again but I wanted to ask a question on how to create an automation for small open fields i.e
scenario 6 runners fav and 2nd fav around 3/1 so the idea would be to back the other 4 against the front two.

Any advice on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.
Dallas

ANGELS15 wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:47 pm
I'm sorry to ask this here but how do you start a new thread/question? I can reply to forum threads but can't see how to start one?

Apologies again but I wanted to ask a question on how to create an automation for small open fields i.e
scenario 6 runners fav and 2nd fav around 3/1 so the idea would be to back the other 4 against the front two.

Any advice on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for posting your thoughts on DOBing

To start a new topic click 'board index' located in top left corner, then navigate to the section of the forum you want ie, 'Bet Angel - Automation' and when you click in on the top left you will see 'New Topic'
Dadders

So, if I set an 'offset with greening' at 33% this will give me a Double DOB. Stake of £10 return of £20?

I read the tick offset link posted but I would like automation to work in % of.

I take it if I set a Lay exit at 50% and use an 'offset bet' this removes all the liability.

Would I also be able to set an extra Lay exit at 25% for double my original stake?

Thanks in advance.

Matt
ANGELS15

Thanks Dallas will give that a go
Dallas

Dadders wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:53 pm
So, if I set an 'offset with greening' at 33% this will give me a Double DOB. Stake of £10 return of £20?

I read the tick offset link posted but I would like automation to work in % of.

I take it if I set a Lay exit at 50% and use an 'offset bet' this removes all the liability.

Would I also be able to set an extra Lay exit at 25% for double my original stake?

Thanks in advance.

Matt
No, at 33% the lay stake wont be double, it only works out to be double if greening up at 50% below.

If you use the 'offset bet' option that will take all liability away if matched, if you then want to try and green up at lower odds (increasing your profit while never being in danger of losing anything) you would need to add a new lay bet with some conditions to prevent it from triggering until after your offset lay is matched ie;
number of unmatched bets is equal 0
green all profit condition is greater than £X
Dadders

Thanks, as ever, for the advice.

So I have another question in regard to taking out liability.

So I just crunched some numbers on a strat I was trying out.
I know it is a small sample but it was on 106 races over the last week.
DOBs yielded a strike rate of 56% (a strike rate of 51.28% is needed to break even).
Double Dobs (Laying Back odds at 1/3 for double the stake) yielded a 31% strike rate (a strike rate of 34.48% is needed to break even).

My question is if I remove a % of the liability I presume I am reducing the strike rate I need to make a +ev but I am reducing any potential profit. So am I just chasing my tail thinking about removing liability?

Thanks in advance.

Matt
Dallas

The only way to find these things out for sure is through testing over a large enough sample size
ibrady101

Hi Dallas,

Would appreciate your assistance on the settings for your DOBing bot. Can the rule be modified to specify the lay stake relative to the back stake? For example, lay stake = 1.4 times the back stake? Many Thanks.
Dallas

ibrady101 wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:33 am
Hi Dallas,

Would appreciate your assistance on the settings for your DOBing bot. Can the rule be modified to specify the lay stake relative to the back stake? For example, lay stake = 1.4 times the back stake? Many Thanks.
You would have to create a separate lay bet rule and have it place at 50% (or any % of the BSP) then you could set any stake you wanted
ibrady101

Thank you Dallas!!
michaelf1234

New to Bet Angel I've had success using dobbing on the Betfair Interface and find the bots really helpful is it possible to put a stop loss into the bot or do you have to do it manually.
Dallas

michaelf1234 wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:26 pm
New to Bet Angel I've had success using dobbing on the Betfair Interface and find the bots really helpful is it possible to put a stop loss into the bot or do you have to do it manually.
Yes you can add one, rather than an actual stop loss i would add a 'close trade on selection' rule as this can be made to trigger multiple times and you can set your loss amount (just remember though no stop rule is ever guaranteed to get you out in-running).
http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopic ... 47&t=11488
willgig

Hi,

I'm trying to create a rule similar to this, to back/lay bets in running, when odds are at a certain % of BSP. Is their a % option or are you doing something clever with tick offset to achieve it?

Also i'm trying to replicate in Betdaq and not sure if that's even possible?

Many thanks
Will
Dallas

willgig wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:10 am
Hi,

I'm trying to create a rule similar to this, to back/lay bets in running, when odds are at a certain % of BSP. Is their a % option or are you doing something clever with tick offset to achieve it?

Also i'm trying to replicate in Betdaq and not sure if that's even possible?

Many thanks
Will
The percentage options are not available in the Betdaq version to create this rule in the same way, however their is a older version of it that uses monetary value rather than % to offset and that could be copied and used in the Betdaq version
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=11314

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”