DOBing @ 50% & Back 2 Lay @ 20% Guardian Automation Bot

TheUndertones

I have downloaded this file and changed % to 75 instead of 50. I have also removed the 20% rule and changed the nominated selection to be the 1st in order of favouritism.

So this should back the favourite with £10 then place a lay bet at 75% of the back odds. I have selected this to run on all markets and saved the settings in guardian.

However, no bets have been triggered in the first two races of the day?

Is this anything to do with changing the rules of the automation file, or do I need to have something else set before an automation file works correctly?

Thank you.
Dallas

The changes you've made are fine.

However the back bet rule is only armed for 10 secs before the off and if you've added all todays markets to Guardian and not changed the default Guardian refresh rate then it will be to slow to cycle through and refresh all your markets (and trigger rules).

The following thread explains how this all works and the ways to confirngure guardian so that rules trigger optimally
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11491

Following the suggestions in that post should resolve it for you
TheUndertones

Thank you Dallas, I have changed this and it is working fine.

Can I ask, is it possible to place a dob bet, so back then keep a lay bet at 50% of the back odds and then trail this bet like a trailing stop?

So if the horse goes down to 50% of the odds and continues to drop, trail the odds until it goes back out 5 ticks or whetever and then place the lay bet for a profit. This way, if the horse goes on to drop further than half the odds, or even win, you will make more profit.

Thank you.
Dallas

TheUndertones wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:55 pm
Thank you Dallas, I have changed this and it is working fine.

Can I ask, is it possible to place a dob bet, so back then keep a lay bet at 50% of the back odds and then trail this bet like a trailing stop?

So if the horse goes down to 50% of the odds and continues to drop, trail the odds until it goes back out 5 ticks or whetever and then place the lay bet for a profit. This way, if the horse goes on to drop further than half the odds, or even win, you will make more profit.

Thank you.
It could be done but it would be easier to start with a fresh bot to do as it would require the use of stored values and set up in a very different way.
I could add one to the shared files section as an example, it would probs be easier than typing out all the instructions to it
TheUndertones

If you could Dallas that would be great. Thanks very much.
TheUndertones

Hi Dallas, you said that you may be able to add an example file for my request here. Could you let me know if you will still be able to do this?

Thanks.
Dallas

TheUndertones wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:31 am
Hi Dallas, you said that you may be able to add an example file for my request here. Could you let me know if you will still be able to do this?

Thanks.
I had forgot all about it if im honest, but have made a note now and will try and get it done ready for the weekend racing.
Making the file takes only a few minutes and a few hours of testing in the background but the write up that explains how it works where to make any changes etc is what takes the time but I will get on to it for you
Dallas

Dallas wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:11 pm
TheUndertones wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:31 am

Thanks.
I had forgot all about it if im honest, but have made a note now and will try and get it done ready for the weekend racing.
Making the file takes only a few minutes and a few hours of testing in the background but the write up that explains how it works where to make any changes etc is what takes the time but I will get on to it for you
Here you go
DOB with Moving Exit Bot - viewtopic.php?f=52&t=19933
TheUndertones

Brilliant Dallas, thanks very much. I will take a look this afternoon.
TheUndertones

Hi Dallas I have been using the Dob With Moving Exit automation you set up and it has been working a treat. So first of all many thanks for doing this. I have added a minimum odds condition just to ensure the selections are not too short at the off.

As I had hoped, a number of runners have gone on to win and paid out 4 or 5 times the normal Evens stake a Dob would pay, however I wonder if I could stretch your brain a little more to possibly squeeze a little more out of certain situations.

Obviously, when horses go below 3 or 2, the adjustment of 10 ticks can happen very quickly and a horse can bob up and down in price quite a bit before coming in again and then winning.

Is there any way we could hang on to things a little longer even if the price goes out? Perhaps if the price goes out, wait a number of seconds while still Green before quitting? Or instead of 10 ticks maybe set it to kick in after the horse goes out a percentage of the price so it would be the same whatever the price. Or maybe if the horse is under say 2.5, allow 20 ticks?

I am not sure if any of these are plausible as I don't have the automation knowledge that you do but just wondered if you have any other ideas.

Many thanks.
Dallas

TheUndertones wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:28 pm
Hi Dallas I have been using the Dob With Moving Exit automation you set up and it has been working a treat. So first of all many thanks for doing this. I have added a minimum odds condition just to ensure the selections are not too short at the off.

As I had hoped, a number of runners have gone on to win and paid out 4 or 5 times the normal Evens stake a Dob would pay, however I wonder if I could stretch your brain a little more to possibly squeeze a little more out of certain situations.

Obviously, when horses go below 3 or 2, the adjustment of 10 ticks can happen very quickly and a horse can bob up and down in price quite a bit before coming in again and then winning.

Is there any way we could hang on to things a little longer even if the price goes out? Perhaps if the price goes out, wait a number of seconds while still Green before quitting? Or instead of 10 ticks maybe set it to kick in after the horse goes out a percentage of the price so it would be the same whatever the price. Or maybe if the horse is under say 2.5, allow 20 ticks?

I am not sure if any of these are plausible as I don't have the automation knowledge that you do but just wondered if you have any other ideas.

Many thanks.
Glad you're enjoying using it.

Yes it is possible to add a delay before the green-up rule triggers

There is an example here of how to set something like that up here
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=11954
TheUndertones

Hi Dallas, many thanks but if I am right, this will just close my position when in red. As I am Dobbing I am almost expecting to lose the full stake if the horse doesn't drop in price by 50%.

Just to make sure you know, this is when using your Dob with Moving Exit file.

What I was trying to do was give me more time when the 10 ticks kicks in to wait and see if the horse may go back in but I suppose thinking about it that is probably not possible. I imagine just increasing the 10 ticks and playing about with that number is the best way?

Thanks.
Dallas

TheUndertones wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:45 pm
Hi Dallas, many thanks but if I am right, this will just close my position when in red. As I am Dobbing I am almost expecting to lose the full stake if the horse doesn't drop in price by 50%.

Just to make sure you know, this is when using your Dob with Moving Exit file.

What I was trying to do was give me more time when the 10 ticks kicks in to wait and see if the horse may go back in but I suppose thinking about it that is probably not possible. I imagine just increasing the 10 ticks and playing about with that number is the best way?

Thanks.
It is possible using the example i linked to, but instead of using a loss value the signals are being set when its above 10 ticks, reset again if it goes below but if it stays above for 10 seconds (or whatever you set it to) then then exit rule of the DOB triggers.

So its the signal set-up and configuration from that file your incorperating into the DOB file
TheUndertones

Hi Dallas,

Regards the second file, do I just copy the rules of that exactly and add them to the original bat file you created?

Also, is it possible to change the rules in the original file from a dob as it was at 50% to a monetary amount? So instead of aiming for a dob, aim for £1, or £2, or whatever, depending on the stake used. So if using a £10 stake, I may say that I want to set the trigger when I reach a £2 profit and then use the same ten ticks signal to track the odds when they go out.

Many thanks.

Ian
Dallas

TheUndertones wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:23 pm
Hi Dallas,

Regards the second file, do I just copy the rules of that exactly and add them to the original bat file you created?

Also, is it possible to change the rules in the original file from a dob as it was at 50% to a monetary amount? So instead of aiming for a dob, aim for £1, or £2, or whatever, depending on the stake used. So if using a £10 stake, I may say that I want to set the trigger when I reach a £2 profit and then use the same ten ticks signal to track the odds when they go out.

Many thanks.

Ian
They'll need tweaking slightly so that it tests for a 10 tick move rather than the loss but yes you'll need that 3 rule combination

You could change it to use a monetary value but the easiest way would be to not use the new file and instead just edit the 'close trade in loss' file to and copy the few elements needed from the DOB file into that

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”