DOBing @ 50% & Back 2 Lay @ 20% Guardian Automation Bot

jackrob

thank you
Bigsmash

Hi all

Used this a bit lately with decent results. How does the greening actually work? For example, when does the bot choose to green/what arms the green. I had a couple of bets sitting ungreened for a while and I wondered if they'd successfully green if the race was very short, e.g. a 5f sprint.

Thanks in advance
Dallas

Bigsmash wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:06 pm
Hi all

Used this a bit lately with decent results. How does the greening actually work? For example, when does the bot choose to green/what arms the green. I had a couple of bets sitting ungreened for a while and I wondered if they'd successfully green if the race was very short, e.g. a 5f sprint.

Thanks in advance
As soon as the opening back bets are matched the lay bets (which include greening) are placed, if the price trades at or below those lay bets and matches them you will have greened up
Bigsmash

Dallas wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:30 pm
Bigsmash wrote:
Hi all

Thanks in advance
As soon as the opening back bets are matched the lay bets (which include greening) are placed, if the price trades at or below those lay bets and matches them you will have greened up
Yes sorry that's obvious, was confusing myself there.

One more thing - what happens if the event is late? I had a situation where the 'keep unmatched lays' trigger disarmed because the event was late. The lays lapsed. Or maybe they lapsed for some other reason?

Thank you
Dallas

Bigsmash wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:40 pm
Dallas wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:30 pm
Bigsmash wrote:
Hi all

Thanks in advance
Yes sorry that's obvious, was confusing myself there.

One more thing - what happens if the event is late? I had a situation where the 'keep unmatched lays' trigger disarmed because the event was late. The lays lapsed. Or maybe they lapsed for some other reason?

Thank you
The keep unmatched bets rule will trigger up to 5 times from 1 second before the start time until 20 secs after the start time
If for some reason the back bet wasn't matched when it was placed it would still keep that bet and that would still place the offset lay in-running if it was matched

Once the bets have been marked as keep they won't lapse, did you check the log to confirm if the keep rule triggered?

It may have been the case it never triggered and if thats the case its probably due to your Guardian refresh rate is set to slow for the number of markets you had in it at the time.

This post explains more about that and how to ensure you have Guardian set up optimally
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11491
andyredshaw365

Hi im looking to add a 20% of my stake stop loss into this . Would that be possible

Thanks
Dallas

andyredshaw365 wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:03 pm
Hi im looking to add a 20% of my stake stop loss into this . Would that be possible

Thanks
Yes, if using a fixed stake you can just add a 'Close Trade on selection with greening' rule Applied to Guardian nom 1 or 2 (whichever you are using)
and add a 'Close Trade Profit condition' is less than -£X.XX (and enter whatever 20% of the stake you are using is)

I;d suggest setting it to trigger at least 3 times with a 2-3secs rearm time
andyredshaw365

HI SO IN THE GENERAL TAB IVE CHANGED RULE TYPE TO
"CLOSE TRADE ON SELECTION WITH GREENING"
AND CHANGED THE CONDITIONS TO
"CLOSE TRADE PROFIT LESS THAN £20
NOW THE PROBLEM IM HAVING IS THE BACK BET IS NOT FIRING FOR SOME REASON AND IN THE GUARDIAN LOG IT HAS "TRIGGERS 1/1"

THANKS
Dallas

andyredshaw365 wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:11 pm
HI SO IN THE GENERAL TAB IVE CHANGED RULE TYPE TO
"CLOSE TRADE ON SELECTION WITH GREENING"
AND CHANGED THE CONDITIONS TO
"CLOSE TRADE PROFIT LESS THAN £20
NOW THE PROBLEM IM HAVING IS THE BACK BET IS NOT FIRING FOR SOME REASON AND IN THE GUARDIAN LOG IT HAS "TRIGGERS 1/1"

THANKS
Which rule did you edit?

You need to add a new 'Close Trade on selection with greening rule'
Also did you include the minus figure in the condition so its 'less than -£20.00?
andyredshaw365

I CHANGED RULE TYPE FROM "PLACE BACK BET " TOO CLOSE TRADE WITH GREENING . IM GUESSING THATS WHY IT IS NOT FIRING A BACK BET
andyredshaw365

YES HAVE THE -20 SET
JUST UNSURE WHERE TO PUT "CLOSE BET WITH GREENING"

CHEERS
artful72

has anyone got this for the Betdaq version please? tried downloading it and says same as others mentioned re can't because done with different version - my Betdaq Bet Angel version is up to date...

thanks
Dallas

artful72 wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:39 am
has anyone got this for the Betdaq version please? tried downloading it and says same as others mentioned re can't because done with different version - my Betdaq Bet Angel version is up to date...

thanks
The options used in this bot don't exist in the Betdaq version, the closest you can make a DOB bot is to use a place a back bet rule
Then add a 'Close Trade on Selection with Greening' Rule and add a 'Close Trade profit' condition (with the greening box ticked)
and set the greening profit figure to double whatever the stake you used on your back bet was
colon100

Hi Guys.
I am getting some LAY Bets matched - about 50/50 I reckon.
If I drop the % to say 25% and 10%, I assume I would get more matches for the LAY Bets?
Dallas

colon100 wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:55 am
Hi Guys.
I am getting some LAY Bets matched - about 50/50 I reckon.
If I drop the % to say 25% and 10%, I assume I would get more matches for the LAY Bets?
Yes, the lower number of percent/ticks you aim for the greater the chance of being matched - but also it will reduce your potential profits too

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”