Back a Nominated Runner in the Win and Place Mkts if Place odds are 'X'

Gravesen33

Dallas wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:27 am
Gravesen33 wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:09 pm
Hi Dallas,
I test the automation in practice mode and appears to be a problem with it:
I put a fix price @75 and last traded price to be @60 ....
so when the race goes in play I have a huge differences in the matched bets starting from 21 & goes up to 150.
Is there any rule or condition I can put as an edition to the automation to prevent those random prices.

****is there any way to put a price in the market which will stay on the queue and wait for the time this value come, so at this case we will avoid any other price to be matched?

Thanks
Can you post a screen shot of how you've set up the Stored value tab on the stored value rule of the place market file
and one of the parameters tab and the Stored value condition on both back bet rules?
HI Dallas,
I did not change anything apart of the value on the file you point me.
what is happening there is this:
In all of my attempts - the horse rich the price I need and after that I have this price goes in the market - well it is too late as I got the current price been matched.

I am sure you have automation like this:

....................................................................................................................

Place a back bet on every horse @ 1.1 before the race is off { 10sec }
Put all this bets in the market - let them stay in the queue - I need to see them that they are there!

The part which I am not able to create is - to see my bets at that price { @1.1 } waiting on the market
......................................................................................................................

PLEASE , Dallas
Can you send me a file like this, already done & working
It will be much appreciated

Thank you!
Dallas

>Place a back bet on every horse @ 1.1 before the race is off { 10sec }
Put all this bets in the market - let them stay in the queue - I need to see them that they are there!

It's impossible to do this, Betfair don't allow bets to be offered at a worse price and left as pending bets, you can only offer bets in this way when doing so at a 'better' price to have them matched 'if' the price trades at those odds.

As soon as a bet is placed in the market if there is a better price is available Betfair will always match you at the best available price.

With Bet Angel you can use a 'Fixed Odds Condition' to trigger the bet when a price reaches your required odds and it will be placed at whatever price you want but that will be subject to any in-play bet delays (if betting in-play) and you may not always be matched if the price is moving to fast or if its reversed again immediately after your bet is triggered you'll get matched at whatever the best odds are when it does reach the market
Gravesen33

Dallas wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:40 pm

It's impossible to do this, Betfair don't allow bets to be offered at a worse price and left as pending bets, you can only offer bets in this way when doing so at a 'better' price to have them matched 'if' the price trades at those odds.

As soon as a bet is placed in the market if there is a better price is available Betfair will always match you at the best available price.

With Bet Angel you can use a 'Fixed Odds Condition' to trigger the bet when a price reaches your required odds and it will be placed at whatever price you want but that will be subject to any in-play bet delays (if betting in-play) and you may not always be matched if the price is moving to fast or if its reversed again immediately after your bet is triggered you'll get matched at whatever the best odds are when it does reach the market
HI Dallas,

I see so many bets on the ladder been set and waiting @ price way below the current price { I am talking for the Back price}
So, looks like there is way to put your bet in the queue and that bet stays there till the horse goes down to the wanted price.
you can have a look at the market and see that on any horse market....
volume £1543 @1.09
volume £ 965 @1.1
....and so on

how those prices having money already there ?

Thank you
Dallas

Gravesen33 wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:15 pm
Dallas wrote:

HI Dallas,

I see so many bets on the ladder been set and waiting @ price way below the current price { I am talking for the Back price}
So, looks like there is way to put your bet in the queue and that bet stays there till the horse goes down to the wanted price.
volume £1543 @1.09
volume £ 965 @1.1
....and so on

Thank you

They are lay bets waiting for the price to shorten to those odds, not back bets
Gravesen33

Dallas wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:18 pm
Gravesen33 wrote:
Dallas wrote:

HI Dallas,

volume £1543 @1.09
volume £ 965 @1.1
....and so on

Thank you

Thanks Dallas,
I see, there is no option to have a back bet below the market price...
well as I mention there are so many things I do not understand - plenty of time to learn..

Thank you so much for your time and effort to explain to me all this little things...

Thanks again
Dallas

Gravesen33 wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:42 pm
Dallas wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:18 pm
Gravesen33 wrote:

HI Dallas,

volume £1543 @1.09
volume £ 965 @1.1
....and so on

Thank you

Thanks Dallas,
I see, there is no option to have a back bet below the market price...
well as I mention there are so many things I do not understand - plenty of time to learn..

Thank you so much for your time and effort to explain to me all this little things...

Thanks again
A rule can be configured to trigger a bet as a runner trades at or past a price, but it can't be put in the market as a 'pending bet' waiting to be matched.
Gravesen33

Hi Dallas,
I need your help again....
Is there a rule or condition which can separate the favourite from the rest of the runners?
What I want to do is to Lay all horses apart from the favourite.
Just say there is a race with 10x horses and I want to Lay all of them @ 10sec before the race is off, but do not want to Lay the nominated favourite.

Thanks
Dallas

Gravesen33 wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:31 pm
Hi Dallas,
Is there a rule or condition which can separate the favourite from the rest of the runners?
Just say there is a race with 10x horses and I want to Lay all of them @ 10sec before the race is off, but do not want to Lay the nominated favourite.

Thanks
There's not a rule to do it, but you can do it by using

Set/Modify Signal rule applied to the fav
and set a signal on the selection (name it fav or something like that)

Then on your lay bet rule apply it to 'every selection'
and add a 'Set signal condition'
the signal named 'fav' (or whatever you called it)
is NOT set
Gravesen33

Dallas wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:56 pm
Gravesen33 wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:31 pm
Hi Dallas,

Thanks
There's not a rule to do it, but you can do it by using

Set/Modify Signal rule applied to the fav
and set a signal on the selection (name it fav or something like that)

Then on your lay bet rule apply it to 'every selection'
and add a 'Set signal condition'
the signal named 'fav' (or whatever you called it)
is NOT set
Thanks Dallas,
Much appreciated that's exactly what I was looking for.
Thank you
gstar1975

Is it possible to Place a lay bet in the place market on a runner that has similar odds to another Dog/Horse in the place market but are different in the Win market. So lay the one that has the higher price in the win market but place the lay bet in the place market.
Dallas

gstar1975 wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:18 pm
Is it possible to Place a lay bet in the place market on a runner that has similar odds to another Dog/Horse in the place market but are different in the Win market. So lay the one that has the higher price in the win market but place the lay bet in the place market.
Yes, you could do this using a combination of fixed and relative odds conditions
gstar1975

Dallas wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:14 pm
gstar1975 wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:18 pm
Yes, you could do this using a combination of fixed and relative odds conditions
Thanks Dallas. Could you elaborate please? Merry Christmas!
Smokestak

Another one not firing. Only stake size has been changed. Guardian set up exactly as image with auto nom selection 1 entered. Both Win and Place prices way beyond the 2.1 at in-play but nothing fired.
Dallas

Smokestak wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:28 pm
Another one not firing. Only stake size has been changed. Guardian set up exactly as image with auto nom selection 1 entered. Both Win and Place prices way beyond the 2.1 at in-play but nothing fired.
How many markets do you have loaded and what refresh rate are you using in Guardian?

If you are having problems with multiple files its a 99.99% your Guardian refresh rates that need changing
Smokestak

I'm on 200ms

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”