Back a Nominated Runner in the Win and Place Mkts if Place odds are 'X'

Dallas

The image below might help you visualise it better, imagine the cells in the win and place mkt columns denote which row the fav is in
throughout the race - these are changing in both the win and place mkt depending who is fav.

In the left image, they don't match so the bet won't trigger, in the right image the fav is now the same runner in both the win and place mkt so the bet will trigger.

The way I'v set it us is so you can also chop and change everything ie, lay the fav in the win mkt if its 3rd fav in the place mkt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mcgoo

Dallas wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:58 pm
The image below might help you visualise it better, imagine the cells in the win and place mkt columns denote which row the fav is in
throughout the race - these are changing in both the win and place mkt depending who is fav.

In the left image, they don't match so the bet won't trigger, in the right image the fav is now the same runner in both the win and place mkt so the bet will trigger.

The way I'v set it us is so you can also chop and change everything ie, lay the fav in the win mkt if its 3rd fav in the place mkt
thanks Dallas, -that's very clever.. I'll merge it it to my rules and have a play around
thanks too jimibt..I downloaded your file and have got some good ideas now on how to simplify my rules ..this old fart brain is getting a work out from you lot :ugeek: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Edit: Well, I hope I haven't got tunnel vision :shock: but have written my biggest/longest baf files yet..all the while taking what I have learnt about elegance & economy from this thread and trying to apply it :o . I do feel BA might benefit from capability to apply OR conditions as well as AND :). Thanks again gents. Really awesome work .I'll run them tonight and see how I go :ugeek: :ugeek:
mcgoo

Well, works a treat. How successful it will be time will tell of course (Will take months of playing around I think. :shock:) but so good to see something that complex (in my head anyway) ..work so smoothly. Thanks again :ugeek:
Dallas

mcgoo wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:40 am
Well, works a treat. How successful it will be time will tell of course (Will take months of playing around I think. :shock:) but so good to see something that complex (in my head anyway) ..work so smoothly. Thanks again :ugeek:
TBH when you first asked about it my first thought was it's going to need a lot of signals and SV connecting up to get something like this to work, but as with most automation tasks once you sit down and write out the logic of what you want to achieve there is often a very straightforward way of doing it.
Which is testament to the way that the BA developers have implemented all the automation features.
gptuk

Dallas, im missing something here mate, typically all on the screen shot won bar 1 and that was placed so great SR. Will you point out to me please / share how the nominated selections are chosen in the first instance. ive loaded win and place markets into guardian and im poised ready to go today but i haven't grasped this selection element yet.
thanks in advance going to run this strat today ABW and will share my experiences later
Dallas

gptuk wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:27 pm
Dallas, im missing something here mate, typically all on the screen shot won bar 1 and that was placed so great SR. Will you point out to me please / share how the nominated selections are chosen in the first instance. ive loaded win and place markets into guardian and im poised ready to go today but i haven't grasped this selection element yet.
thanks in advance going to run this strat today ABW and will share my experiences later
If you mean how do you assign a nominated runner for the rule to run on see the image in the opening post

If you're referring to how you decide which runners the rule is to run on that up to the individual.

The purpose of the file (and all others) is just to show users how to set up this type of automation.
So in this case for anyone who has a strategy (or wants to try one) of backing a nominated runner in the win and place mkts depending if place odds are 'X' they can now fully automate the process of placing the bets rather than sitting and doing it manually all day.
gptuk

if the automation doesnt highlight or nominate a suitable pic (which i know understand it doesnt) my question remains how did you select all those shown in the jpeg ? Any positive support or steer would be good as a strarting point. ALL bar one in the jpeg won and the other was placed so excellent results.
Dallas

gptuk wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:09 pm
if the automation doesnt highlight or nominate a suitable pic (which i know understand it doesnt) my question remains how did you select all those shown in the jpeg ? Any positive support or steer would be good as a strarting point. ALL bar one in the jpeg won and the other was placed so excellent results.
They were purely random, the rule applied in the image and the nominated runners were only for the purposes of grabbing the screenshot at the end to show how/where to select a Nominated runner in guardian.

Edit; Wow I never even noticed that and just checked the results myself - not bad if I do say so myself :D
Dandy Lad - 3rd, 7/1
Kamara - 1st, 11/1
Bobby Ewing - 2nd, 7/1
De Little Engine - 1st, 5/1
Vegas Boy 1st, -8/1
gptuk

OK thank you for taking the time to respond on what im sure will be a busy day for you.
Dallas

gptuk wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:37 pm
OK thank you for taking the time to respond on what im sure will be a busy day for you.
Day off for me today, using the time to catch up on data and other stuff while markets are quiet :)
mcgoo

The options are mind boggling.Having a ball :D .combined 85 rules :shock: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:
Dallas

mcgoo wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:30 am
The options are mind boggling.Having a ball :D .combined 85 rules :shock: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:
Having 85 rules in a file is mind-boggling ;)
mcgoo

Dallas wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:27 pm
mcgoo wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:30 am
Having 85 rules in a file is mind-boggling ;)
Indeed.Tbf.. two rules files..one for win and 1 for place. Couldn't reduce/streamline them either..and they work! :shock: ..functionally anyway. Profit is yet to be confirmed. The signals and SV's combining across the event , markets + selections is enough to force regular lie downs to contemplate the combinations :D :ugeek: :ugeek:
mickypaul72

Is there anyway that this can be set so the win market could place a bet say < 1.5 i'm assuming a normal fixed odds condition wouldn,t work,
Thanks
Dallas

mickypaul72 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:14 am
Is there anyway that this can be set so the win market could place a bet say < 1.5 i'm assuming a normal fixed odds condition wouldn,t work,
Thanks
Yes, just a normal fixed odds condition on a back bet rule in the win market file will do that.

If you only want the win bet placing if the place market bet has been triggered then you'll need to set up a shared stored value on that and send that back to the win market rule.

Exactly the principal but in reverse from how it currently sends it from the win to a place only you won't need a dedicated set/modify stored value rule, and instead you can store the value directly from the place market back bet rule

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”